Morituri_Te_Salutant

Morituri_Te_Salutant

-
Apr 17, 2021
It's been years since certain bad things had happened to my life. Nothing much, just getting physical, verbal abuse and negligence from the ones you trusted like your mother and friends. IRL and Online. The reason why I mention online there as well is because I wasn't (still not, but I try to defy this rule every now and then) allowed to leave home during my childhood years; so most of the things that I've learnt about the outside world, as well any "mental developments" that happen during adolescence come in the form of my tutors and the internet. Mostly the latter I'd say. Asides from my parents raging at me every now and then back then.

Still, even though years have passed, and almost everything changed; those events still resurface into my mind. Sometimes I just let it happen, pass through me and get depressed; other times I try to shake it off by diverting my attention to something else.

I really wonder what's the point of still remembering it. I guess so that you know who wronged you and how?

Sorry if this all seemed vague. I have a hard time opening up to people anymore, every time I did that I'd get slammed shut at some point; getting called all sorts of names. Besides, bad people roam around this forum, so it's not like you can't be too careful either...​

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FuneralCry, JustAMatterOfTime and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
No need to be sorry, dear.

You've got some interesting points and I think it's normal these past experiences keep haunting you.

Something similar happens to me. I just can't forget my bad memories. My past is following me everywhere 24/7.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Morituri_Te_Salutant
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
No. No need to apologize. Traumatic events tend to imprint themselves strongly in memory and an also be triggered by the most mundane of things. Sometimes you just simply never get over them fully. Or at all. This doesn't make you weak or whiny or whatever. It makes you human and by that definition you deserve to be heard so vent away. This is the place to do so.

• Love
Reactions: Morituri_Te_Salutant