E

ElizabethsFault

Had an abusive therapist
Jun 9, 2021
I had an ADHD diagnosis as a kid and again as an adult, beginning in 2014. On August 31, 2020 my psychiatrist prescribed my stimulants which I had been taking for multiple years. She mailed me prescriptions for 3 months worth of Vyvanse and Adderal, post dated and valid through November 30, 2020. However, I last spoke to her on October 2. I was having a psychotic break and told her I had stopped taking the Adderal and asked if I should stop taking the Vyvanse. She told me not to stop taking the Vyvanse, but added Abilify. I was put on a crisis unit the night of October 2 and my Dr never called me again. When I began attending a new facility in November 2020, the Dr there also prescribed me Vyvanse. Though my prior psychiatrist deleted my ADHD diagnosis. At first I couldn't understand why I was prescribed ADHD meds when I no longer had an ADHD diagnosis. The counselors at the new facility kept telling me to take my meds as prescribed, so I did. I wasn't aware at the time, it was an affiliated facility! So they definitely were aware I shouldn't have been prescribed additional stimulants at their facility. They all allowed me to keep taking them, as well as prescribing additional controlled substances. This place is listed as an addiction facility. I guess they facilitate maintaining your addiction or dependence on prescribed medication. I never used the prescriptions for Adderal and Vyvanse in the month of November 2020. I was provided with a new prescription for Vyvanse from the new facility. I can't help not trusting an addiction facility, which prescribed and encouraged the use of controlled substances when there was no valid reason for them to. What kind of psychiatrists was I seeing?! I was in the middle of a psychotic episode when I began "treatment" there! Unable to make rational decisions and referred by a crisis diversion team.

• Aww..
Reactions: demuic and lobster salad
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
just big pharma milking the mentally ill.. nothing unusual i guess