U

Username:Required

Jan 12, 2024
I'm kind of trapped right now. If I speak out against people who are harassing me, due to a BS diagnosis, I risk getting sent a psych ward.

Psychiatrists have done nothing but made my problems worse. They have always acted like they knew me, more than I did:
* They never valued what I had to say, even when it came down to my own treatment.
* They never believed me.
* They tried solving my real-life problems with medication.
* When I was a teenager, they always prioritized the wishes of my parents over what would have actually benefited me.
All of this could have been avoided if they had just respected patient autonomy. Of course, me and the psychiatrist can have different views, but don't go forcing them onto me.
Every medicine that a psychiatrist prescribed to me was given for the wrong reasons, nonetheless, they never fucking worked. Shit, I wonder why, almost like I never needed them to begin with (almost like I was telling them that from the start).
Due to situation I'm in, I'm kind of scared to get medical treatment because of the risk of psychiatric involvement or "intervention."
These idiots have this hero complex, of somehow "saving" people who are allegedly mentally incompetent. They're the delusional ones. It's a form of dehumanization that has been weaponized against me.
Psychiatrists treat certain speech, and EVEN THOUGHTS, as if they're crimes. This should be illegal, but we allow it still because of the reason stated above.

If you're a lawmaker reading this, please consider regulating psychiatric overreach, and auditing psychiatric facilities to prevent violations of constitutional rights.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cold_severance, http-410, Rogue Proxy and 5 others
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
Hello @Username:Required,

I'm kind of trapped right now. If I speak out against people who are harassing me, due to a BS diagnosis, I risk getting sent a psych ward.
I'm so sorry what you are enduring. I think, what they're doing is basically kidnapping - they detain you without your consent, and slap huge bills into your hand. There's no defense for that.

Psychiatrists have done nothing but made my problems worse. They have always acted like they knew me, more than I did:
* They never valued what I had to say, even when it came down to my own treatment.
* They never believed me.
* They tried solving my real-life problems with medication.
* When I was a teenager, they always prioritized the wishes of my parents over what would have actually benefited me.
All of this could have been avoided if they had just respected patient autonomy. Of course, me and the psychiatrist can have different views, but don't go forcing them onto me.
I think, they are just providing their services to people who pay for their services - so if you're a teen, they treat you like a product.
In Japan, some mental health professionals think they should "correct" or even "punish" kids on behalf of their parents, like drill sergeants or prison guards.
They are particularly vile, because they know how to hurt their patients - they're experts on humans' mind - and they do that precisely. They ensure their prey has no way out and get tortured, especially when that's what their parents wish on their kids.
And, I've ever saw a therapist's blog who slander people with depression, saying they're "lazy."

These idiots have this hero complex, of somehow "saving" people who are allegedly mentally incompetent.
I can't describe how vile these people are - perhaps they're sociopaths who enjoy bullying kids - and blame the victims without any consequences. What a fun job for sociopaths.

Psychiatrists treat certain speech, and EVEN THOUGHTS, as if they're crimes. This should be illegal, but we allow it still because of the reason stated above.
Yes they treat us and even detain us like criminals, but in reality they are like mobsters and their crime is - Grand Theft Autonomy! They steal our autonomy and money, in a brutal way! They should know that we're human, not characters in a video game - they can't dominate the world, as long as we have our mightiest weapons - CTB methods.

Peaceful ways to die are what they dread the most - such ways out essentially eradicate their "torture chamber."

I hope your days a bit less unbearable. And pray for your peace 💙💛

Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide - I wish is we could abolish their draconian rule. Many people here think current situation of psychiatry is terrible, and I think many people here share this sentiment.

Note: I know not all mental health professionals are this way, and I'm extremely lucky to have a excellent psychiatrist and therapist, but I've heard countless horror stories from psychiatric hospitals here.

Edit: Corrected grammatical mistakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: cold_severance