Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
Why do you believe Transhumanism is possible or not?
Why (do, or don't) you want to be a trans-human?
What are other aspects of Trans-humanism you want to touch on?.

I figured out that being human is a major issue for me, and I'm wondering if I was enhanced would I like life?, and so I came up with this idea to bring this subject to SS. I'm trying to get some opinions so I can form my own opinion on Transhumanism, and learn more about it, that's the main goal here.

Reactions: Fragile and Matthias_k
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
i guess transhumanism could be possible, further into the future, if you're talking about technical/scientific transhumanism, where people artificially enhance themselves. if i could be a transhuman i probably would, as long as it doesn't extend my life. or, if it makes my life a lot better and fixes my problems, i'd be totally cool with it.

Reactions: Shinbu
Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
i guess transhumanism could be possible, further into the future, if you're talking about technical/scientific transhumanism, where people artificially enhance themselves. if i could be a transhuman i probably would, as long as it doesn't extend my life. or, if it makes my life a lot better and fixes my problems, i'd be totally cool with it.
Yes that is what I'm talking about. Thank you for sharing also. I believe I wouldn't want immortality unless boredom could be solved eternally. I'm wondering if Transhumanism is capable of that.

Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
I wouldn't want immortality unless boredom could be solved eternally. I'm wondering if Transhumanism is capable of that.
well one day we might figure out how to simulate reality and then boredom would be no more! guess you and i were born a little too early for all that cool shit though.

Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
well one day we might figure out how to simulate reality and then boredom would be no more! guess you and i were born a little too early for all that cool shit though.
Yeah. I agree progress for Transhumanism probably will be very slow, there is a possibility we won't see it in our life-time which kinda sucks but oh well.

M

Matthias_k

Apr 18, 2020
I am all for it. "Nature" is ugly, cruel, pathetic, nature is chaos. We shouldn't have to simply adapt as nature intended. I wish I I could enhance myself, get healthier, stronger, faster, breath underwater, fly, who wouldn't like that ? Acne, balding, fat, knees ache, what's that ? A chip in the head and I'd know everything I need to know. It will eventually be possible for us to do all that, and much more, but first we have to rid ourselves of our backward ways of thinking.
Transhumanism will certainly not make us freer, but who really wants to be
free anyway.

Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
We shouldn't have to simply adapt as nature intended. Acne, balding, fat, knees ache, what's that ?
I agree, I don't know if the religious would agree though. Skin disorders being solved permanently would be great.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I'm sure that it is possible and inevitable at this point, but sadly, we were born a couple of generations too early.:'(

and that may not be a bad thing. seeing the way the world is going, and the way technology is being used, I can't see a world where this kind of technologies are used in a responsible way.

Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
I'm sure that it is possible and inevitable at this point, but sadly, we were born a couple of generations too early.:'(

and that may not be a bad thing. seeing the way the world is going, and the way technology is being used, I can't see a world where this kind of technologies are used in a responsible way.
Yeah, I can see humans using trans-humans for war. I would like to know what trans-humans are capable of, but I won't know since something that is usually complex takes a very long time. I would think quality of life would be the focus when enhancing humans, but usually good ideas turn evil.

Reactions: Fragile