• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

wiltedLotus

wiltedLotus

World drifts in, and the world’s a stranger..
Nov 8, 2022
I've been reading a lot of Thoreau and Emerson who talk a lot about finding truth in Nature and vibrating to your own inner truth no matter what others may say. I'm gonna ctb soon and I just wonder what they would think of my decision; my reasoning, what brought me here, etc. there's no way to know obviously but I like to think that they would understand if a person is going through great suffering then finding a way out through Nature is the best way to go. I just feel that to be true. So by their philosophy it must be true? Idk…I'm rambling, I'm really losing it in the final days here..

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I couldn't know, I'm more of an opposer of Nature or at least I see it as something that is going through a purging process and that I will likely try to detach from. Thoreau seems to have been myopic in terms of how Nature itself had in it the seeds of what he rejected in technology and fake societal progress. Or at least that's my current hypothesis about it now, I don't favour the idea that the world was good until something went awry, life itself has all the components that would facilitate the insanity we are seeing today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pluto and Élégie
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It's interesting the way our modern culture views nature as distinct from humans. People share almost 99% of DNA with other ape species. Our forward-facing eyes and the design of our hands is optimised for climbing trees. For the vast majority of our 200,000-year history we have lived in caves, forests and makeshift dwellings like any other animal.

From this perspective, when people often find time in nature soothing, the reason should be obvious. It is a return to what is literally natural, as opposed to the miserable lunacy of our concrete wastelands. This could well lead to clearer thinking and fresh solutions.

Pre-Christian religions were often known for nature-worship. If humans survive long enough, I suspect that these will return to replace today's warring patriarchal religions, or our soulless materialism. Something has gone wrong and needs to be restored.