pinkbluebutch

pinkbluebutch

Dec 5, 2022
Does anyone else worry about what your funeral will look like when you CTB? I'm trans but haven't come out to family yet, so I'm scared of how they might choose to go about preparing me for a funeral. I've mentioned to them before I wouldn't like a funeral if I died but that doesn't mean they won't have one still. I'm a legal adult so I know there's a way for me to leave a death plan and assign someone else charge of my corpse, but I would feel really guilty doing that to someone unexpectedly and I don't have any friends who I think would be able to handle it.

I guess I'm just curious if any other trans people have a plan or method in place that mentions this sort of thing?

• Hugs
Reactions: MissingThyme, Dead Meat and western_heart
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I am very sorry that you're in this situation, this is definitely a matter where a legal name change and writing a solid final will are important.

Caitlin Doughty made a video guide to this, unfortunate that it's necessary but if you'd like to watch:

• Informative
Reactions: pinkbluebutch, Dead Meat and western_heart
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I've thought of this as well and have also watched the video. Its been a while since I've watched it but I imagine that I"ll want to get my stuff in order ahead of time. Probably will just avoid extra worry and cost by going with cremation.