A

Acornsonatree

Apr 6, 2020
To start of with; this isn't a method I'm contemplating doing as I believe it to be selfish and undignified.

Although it is a method I find to be interesting, what sort of injuries might a person sustain from being hit by a train whilst standing on the railway line? I've seen many different answers online and this specific suicide interested me a lot.

A 14 year old girl stood in front of a moving train going at 40Mph and died instantly from blunt head and chest force trauma. This train station is right by my house and the train company is still the same (Arriva trains Wales)

I always thought of train suicide to be very gruesome and painful but she died instantly (therefore not feeling any of it) and her body was presumably in tact if she died from those injuries.
Obviously it's very sad that a 14 year old would end there life in such an awful way but I can't help but to feel jealous as I was also around 15 at the time.

Reactions: Wrennie and Isittimetogonola
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
There is nothing to be jealous of.
Because your relatives, depending on the country, may get a huge bill.
Also paramedics won't be pleased to see such a picture. Nobody will be pleased to see such a picture.
No matter what we have in our life, we should not harm others. Train drivers are people too, they have feelings, they may suffer knowing they killed somebody. Suicide means breaking a chain of suffering. Using a train method means we may continue this chain. You do not finish suffering, you can make others suffer.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie, Myforevercharlie, ConfusedNickYung and 9 others
A

Acornsonatree

Apr 6, 2020
There is nothing to be jealous of.
Because your relatives, depending on the country, may get a huge bill.
Also paramedics won't be pleased to see such a picture. Nobody will be pleased to see such a picture.
No matter what we have in our life, we should not harm others. Train drivers are people too, they have feelings, they may suffer knowing they killed somebody. Suicide means breaking a chain of suffering. Using a train method means we may continue this chain. You do not finish suffering, you can make others suffer.

I already said at the start of the post that it's not a method I would contemplate because I believe it to be selfish and undignified.

Im jealous of her ability to do something so serious/end her life so early on in life.

Reactions: Wrennie
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I already said at the start of the post that it's not a method I would contemplate because I believe it to be selfish and undignified.

Im jealous of her ability to do something so serious/end her life so early on in life.
Yes, I understood, just added my opinion on the subject

Reactions: autumnal
WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
I think such way out seems so wrong to me as it could inflict so much pain and suffering on others, and if for whatever reason some don't care about that, it could also not be fatal and chances surviving and suffering more

Reactions: LMLN
InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
If I was a train driver, I wouldn't feel bad at all if someone got killed by my train. It's their decision and I had nothing to do with it. I wouldn't give a single shit and just shake my head and move on. Seems rational to me but I'm also kind of a psycho!

Last edited:
Reactions: wannagohome, greyismyfavecolor, Wrennie and 6 others
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
If I was a train driver, I wouldn't feel bad at all if someone got killed by my train. It's their decision and I had nothing to do with it. I wouldn't give a single shit and just shake my head and move on. Seems rational to me but I'm also kind of a psycho!
I think that's rational too. If they wanted to die, why should I be upset about them having ended their suffering?

Reactions: Wrennie, Deleted member 25174 and itsamadworld
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I understand from our prospective of 'prochoice'. But from the other prospective that people who ctb from 'mental illness', I can see how they feel bad. Before I was in this place, I thought ctb was always preventable. I know better now, but at that time I did not.

darkhorse256

darkhorse256

Student
Mar 10, 2020
I personally wouldn't go by suicide in front of a vehicle someone else is driving. I alone choose to end my own life so I don't see why I should involve anyone else in it. Especially since they might feel guilty about it.

Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
There is is a documentary on YouTube about this, it's called "One Under."
I hope that watching it would put anybody off using that method - they interview the train drivers, and it's heartbreaking the way it can destroy their lives.

Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
I think such way out seems so wrong to me as it could inflict so much pain and suffering on others, and if for whatever reason some don't care about that, it could also not be fatal and chances surviving and suffering more
It's the perfect method for me. As much harm as I possibly can do without actually doing harm physically by myself with actions , it's perfect.

Fuck people & society.

Reactions: greyismyfavecolor, Deleted member 25174 and Bauhaus
L

littlecat

Jan 8, 2021
i would write a letter to the train driver. .. with ecplanation and apologize and best wishes.

D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
You lot are worried about some rando earning good wages feeling's but you're quite happy for your family to find your corpse? This makes no sense at to me. How can you judge a dead 14 year old for doing that? The reason I wouldn't jump in front of a train is because I'm a coward not because of the driver......would be interesting to know how judgemental you are for people who jump off motorway bridges. I think the train driver knows he never could have stopped in time

wannagohome

wannagohome

Jan 6, 2021
It is always a tragedy when a 14 year old girl dies - no matter how. The worst i ever read about was a ten year old boy jumping from a bridge. But why these brutal ways? At the age of 14 you usually live with your family what makes it difficult or impossible to prepare methods like N,SN, CO, Exit Bag and maybe even hanging without being caught by parents or siblings. So you are looking for possible options that are accessible for the public and quickly done. So you end up there. What i can not belive is that those young people have the strenght and determination to do it. I'm sure they do not think about a train drivers or paramedics at all.

D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
It is always a tragedy when a 14 year old girl dies - no matter how. The worst i ever read about was a ten year old boy jumping from a bridge. But why these brutal ways? At the age of 14 you usually live with your family what makes it difficult or impossible to prepare methods like N,SN, CO, Exit Bag and maybe even hanging without being caught by parents or siblings. So you are looking for possible options that are accessible for the public and quickly done. So you end up there. What i can not belive is that those young people have the strenght and determination to do it. I'm sure they do not think about a train drivers or paramedics at all.

I can't grasp the concept of people going on about the train driver but they'll let their husband/mother/sibling/etc..find them dead no problem. Fuck the train driver, they actually get training and you know what's worse for them than deliberate jumpers? Killing railway workers accidentally that are in the track when the think no trains are coming, or smashing into a car with kids in because the driver thought they could beat the level crossing. People always need someone to look down on so they choose the jumpers on here. Get a grip any method is going to mess with people why do you care so much about a stranger in a really well paid job
There is is a documentary on YouTube about this, it's called "One Under."
I hope that watching it would put anybody off using that method - they interview the train drivers, and it's heartbreaking the way it can destroy their lives.

I just watched this documentary and it is sad but to die like this must be harrowing for the jumper as well. Then I watched those left behind which was pretty awful as well.

I always say that people going to work shouldn't be hurt in the course of their job that goes for mentally as well. I really didn't think of them....that guy from the n.e talking about the sound, it's so sad

Last edited: