• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

U

username

Apr 9, 2018
If I were to jump in front of a train, at which speed is it a guaranteed death and at which speed is survival probable?

Reactions: Baskol1
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
The problem with this is that we have no way of measuring the speed of an incoming train before an attempt. If the train looks like its going fast then it probably is. I came up with the idea of just sticking my head out infront of the train to reduce risk (well got the idea from someone else). Surely this applies to the whole body as well which may or may not answer your question but here, i took this from a reddit post.

"Trains have an operating speed of 150 mph most of them weigh between 100 and 200 tons. The force transfered from the train and to your head would certainly exceed the 520 pound of force the skull can endure."

If the skull the strongest bone in your body cant endure that then i doubt the rest of your body could. I customized my way of doing it alittle but hopefully it works as planned. Anyway i hope that helped some.

U

username

Apr 9, 2018
The problem with this is that we have no way of measuring the speed of an incoming train before an attempt. If the train looks like its going fast then it probably is. I came up with the idea of just sticking my head out infront of the train to reduce risk (well got the idea from someone else). Surely this applies to the whole body as well which may or may not answer your question but here, i took this from a reddit post.

"Trains have an operating speed of 150 mph most of them weigh between 100 and 200 tons. The force transfered from the train and to your head would certainly exceed the 520 pound of force the skull can endure."

If the skull the strongest bone in your body cant endure that then i doubt the rest of your body could. I customized my way of doing it alittle but hopefully it works as planned. Anyway i hope that helped some.
My problem is that I have no easy access to trains, the ones I do have access to have a maximum speed of 60mph (goverment regulated). Is 60mph enough?

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
My problem is that I have no easy access to trains, the ones I do have access to have a maximum speed of 60mph (goverment regulated). Is 60mph enough?
Not sure. Its a concern of mines as well since ill be using an express train that probably travels just as fast as the ones you plan on using. It should still kill you regardless but i get it. You need to know for sure.

Lion

Lion

Zzz
Apr 18, 2018
the only trains around where i live always look like they are going so slow, scared that i'll be in pain for awhile

MerrySkeleton

MerrySkeleton

Aug 16, 2019
I imagine 60mph would be more than fast enough. NYC subway trains average about 17mph and people get killed after accidentally falling on the tracks all the time. The fastest express lines get up to 50mph or so and it feels like they're moving at blazing speed when you're at a local and they blow past you. I don't see how it could be possible to get hit by one of those and not be totally annihilated. That being said though, I am reading a news article right now about some guy who got hit by an 110mph Amtrak and survived with only minor injury so your mileage may vary.