• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

waitupana

Jul 20, 2018
In Sydney, we have no protection in front of trains (no grill), no barriers stopping people from jumping on to the tracks.

I know that the driver would be scarred, but I can't get any other methods. Are there any real downsides, assuming I put my neck on the rail.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Are you planning on jumping in front of the train, or lying and waiting? If you lie and wait the driver is likely to see you and brake before they hit you. There's also a chance that if you jump in front of it, you won't be killed but end up in lots of pain, possibly losing your limbs or being paralysed. I believe a girl survived being hit by a train but lost both her legs. There are a lot of risks if it goes wrong, but if you get it right there's very little chance of survival

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
W

waitupana

Jul 20, 2018
Are you planning on jumping in front of the train, or lying and waiting? If you lie and wait the driver is likely to see you and brake before they hit you. There's also a chance that if you jump in front of it, you won't be killed but end up in lots of pain, possibly losing your limbs or being paralysed. I believe a girl survived being hit by a train but lost both her legs. There are a lot of risks if it goes wrong, but if you get it right there's very little chance of survival

" if you get it right there's very little chance of survival"

That's with everything, innit?

I know the trains here quite well, they wouldn't be able to stop in time even if they saw me. I'd leave about 30 seconds.

I'm just theorycrafting, Ive thought of this method since about 6 months ago and was looking for some more scrutiny on it.

Edit: also, I'm fine with going to a psychiatric clinic. It's free here and I can just try again in 6w. The main issue would be my note, which would be online and scheduled, so people would read that before I try again. I do wonder how many of my issues would go away if people read my note while I'm alive, ah well that's for antoher thread.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
" if you get it right there's very little chance of survival"

That's with everything, innit?

I know the trains here quite well, they wouldn't be able to stop in time even if they saw me. I'd leave about 30 seconds.

I'm just theorycrafting, Ive thought of this method since about 6 months ago and was looking for some more scrutiny on it.

Edit: also, I'm fine with going to a psychiatric clinic. It's free here and I can just try again in 6w. The main issue would be my note, which would be online and scheduled, so people would read that before I try again. I do wonder how many of my issues would go away if people read my note while I'm alive, ah well that's for antoher thread.
Yeah, if you get your neck on the rail you'll die, so obviously only do it if you're 100% certain on ctb. Personally I wouldn't use this method myself, I don't like the possibility of not getting my neck down in time and the consequences of that.

About the psych ward, you might want to read some of the posts about them here. I've read some absolute horror stories so I think they're worth a read. It might be worth looking into some help though, if you're willing to try recovery

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
W

waitupana

Jul 20, 2018
Yeah, if you get your neck on the rail you'll die, so obviously only do it if you're 100% certain on ctb. Personally I wouldn't use this method myself, I don't like the possibility of not getting my neck down in time and the consequences of that.

About the psych ward, you might want to read some of the posts about them here. I've read some absolute horror stories so I think they're worth a read. It might be worth looking into some help though, if you're willing to try recovery

I'm not willing to try recovery. I can tolerate it.

I'll read in to it.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
The grill is one thing but most trains have some sort of guard right in front of the wheels, which would make clean decapitation impossible. They don't have this in India thats why all the videos of people being decapitated are from there. Im not 100% sure about Australia of course but is a very high chance that what would hit your neck first would not be the wheel. You would probably (?) still die but I don't like the thought of this...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 15dec
Stillnotsure

Stillnotsure

Experienced
Dec 18, 2018
In America, there are a limited number of train conductors. Each one has a running tally of how many people they've killed with the train. They get hardened to it. I'm not saying it doesn't affect them at all. Each has their own way of dealing with it. I prefer methods of ctb that don't involve participation of an innocent third party, but I do bow respectfully to the effectiveness. If you have the guts to lay your head on the rails, you will die. With 100% certainty. If you have the guts to do it this way more power to you. This method is not for everyone, but I respect your choice as you no doubt respect mine.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Fcancer, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
F

Fal

Dec 29, 2018
The best advice I can give is wait for a freight train as they need about 300m to stop when loaded and travel to a place where the train reach top speed, also if you lie and wait I can guarantee that you will get caught

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
LostBoy

LostBoy

Nov 13, 2018
What a cruel and selfish thing to do, if you want to die then that is your choice but why ruin or run the risk of ruining someone else's life because you need out ? The train driver may end up on here looking for a way out cause she/he can't cope with what's happened, there are lots of ways to CTB that only involve yourself, yes I know someone has to find you and so on but they are only going to be part of the aftermath not the cause of death.
Please if you must do it only involve yourself and leave the other people who are probably loaded with their own problems to get on with their lives and struggles, don't include them in your end.

Reactions: sif and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
W

waitupana

Jul 20, 2018
What a cruel and selfish thing to do, if you want to die then that is your choice but why ruin or run the risk of ruining someone else's life because you need out ? The train driver may end up on here looking for a way out cause she/he can't cope with what's happened, there are lots of ways to CTB that only involve yourself, yes I know someone has to find you and so on but they are only going to be part of the aftermath not the cause of death.
Please if you must do it only involve yourself and leave the other people who are probably loaded with their own problems to get on with their lives and struggles, don't include them in your end.
I covered that in the OP, no other materials.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
LostBoy

LostBoy

Nov 13, 2018
Jumping off a cliff, bridge, carpark, tall building, drowning in the ocean or a large lake etc are but a few areas of danger and don't need to be driven or operated by a third party or of course scrap the idea and choose life.

Reactions: sif and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals