• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I admit myself I do wonder how it feels to walk in front of a train and it hitting me so I no longer exist but NEVER have I considered using this method because failing this method absolutely terrifies me because I know how dangerous it is .

Train is the WORST and most DANGEROUS method ever because this is one method a person CANT afford to make a mistake or screw up otherwise the results will be loss of limbs and permanent disability. There are multiple cases of people who used this method and ended up losing limbs.

Jumping against a train involves a high level of accurate and precise calculation from the time you stand against the platform/chosen surface and the seconds the train comes to the final part when you jump. This is a narrow window often with seconds.

Anything can go wrong during this time period which is why so many train sucides fail.

●The train decides to reduces its speed as result instant death will not happen as there is not enough force to instantly kill the person. I used to read the Lost All Hope website as a teenager and from what I remember reading it explained that a certain level of train speed can instantly kill a person if they are exposed to it and anything lower than that speed death will not happen.

● The way you throw yourself in front of the train if the persons positions themselves in a way and fails to jump properly infront of the train will NOT hit you but instead injure you. This is how people end up with deep cuts on their legs or arms which cant be saved. This is why amputations happen.

● Caught by the people working in the train station ie trespassing a criminal offence, mess up with the jumping etc. In the UK where I live train stations have signs warning people they will be fined thousands of pounds if they end up walking on the railway track.

Ignore all the successful train suicides in the media. The media will always report a successful suicide especially if the person is young and attractive. The media does it to sell stories, promote an agenda ie mental health awareness, give grieving parents a platform to push for some sort of change in society etc

It is NOT worth it . It is too dangerous

• Informative
Reactions: etherealspring, poilala1, Niyxx and 19 others
Orangee

Orangee

I want to leave this sad world
Apr 6, 2024
I agree. It's also very gruesome and traumatizing for the train driver..

Reactions: maneose, Why am i still here, thebelljarrr and 5 others
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I agree. It's also very gruesome and traumatizing for the train driver..
@Orangee Yes the poor drivers will be traumatied. In the UK a train driver developed PTSD and turned to alcohol after being involved in eight rail suicide incidents.

This creates a vicious cycle because that traumatied driver will have to live with the pain and eveuntaully he might kill himself if he can no longer cope.

I love the Elizabeth line design which is a train line in London that connects to other UK towns. Every Elizabeth line train station in London has big high glass gate that covers the entrie trian platform so nobody can jump in front of the train.

All train stations should be designed this way to prevent train sucides

Reactions: Why am i still here and juna
Orangee

Orangee

I want to leave this sad world
Apr 6, 2024
Oh wow that's interesting, and I totally agree to having train stations designed this way. Even though I do believe in access to reliable and painless methods of ctb, this method is neither reliable nor painless. It also impacts a ton of people negatively, and is probably a very horrifying experience for the person dying.

• Love
Reactions: juna, RawPremadePizza and FireFox
Voyes

Voyes

Feb 1, 2023
honestly didnt read the full message but yeah my dad killed himself as a train driver because like three people used that method when he was driving. wasn't his only issue at all he was bipolar as well but it contributed massively, i'm sure of it. in regards to 'All train stations should be designed this way to prevent train sucides' it wasn't even just stations i believe. one was out of the bushes on the move but im going off of conversations i overheard as a kid. any time i've seen someone suggest that they might go with that method i try my hardest to dissuade them from it. i hope anyone would, it's horrible.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Why am i still here and Alcoholic Teletubby
UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
Sep 15, 2023
There are for sure far better options to choose from and it's extreme way to go. Definitely wide open for a horrible mistake to happen and a ton of risks are involved, but if done correctly it's very affordable and easily accessible method. I would guess that people choose this mainly for it's accessibility and little amount of preparation needed. Not everybody can choose from big variety of methods and for some this might be sadly the only option to find peace. Methods are individual afterall, some might even prefer it. My friend went by this method few years ago and succeeded, I can't imagine what it must've took to beat SI with this one, it probably takes a lot of guts.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Why am i still here, errorsinmypast, juna and 3 others
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Freight train is the way to go. In my city they roll through really slow. A person wouldn't have to do it in front of the driver, they could do it far back. Lay your neck on the track, decap.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: beyondgone, errorsinmypast, juna and 3 others
N

Naetoh

May 8, 2024
I think it depends on how you do it. I saw someone ctb via train when I was a kid. My loving, divorced parents made me shuttle back and forth on a local commuter train. One day I saw someone run from behind some bushes toward the front of the train. They later told us passengers he decapitated himself.

Edit: Hollowman, that's exactly what I saw.

• Aww..
Reactions: FireFox
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I think it depends on how you do it. I saw someone ctb via train when I was a kid. My loving, divorced parents made me shuttle back and forth on a local commuter train. One day I saw someone run from behind some bushes toward the front of the train. They later told us passengers he decapitated himself.

Edit: Hollowman, that's exactly what I saw.
@Naetoh Oh my god how did you feel at the time witnessing that so young ?
There are for sure far better options to choose from and it's extreme way to go. Definitely wide open for a horrible mistake to happen and a ton of risks are involved, but if done correctly it's very affordable and easily accessible method. I would guess that people choose this mainly for it's accessibility and little amount of preparation needed. Not everybody can choose from big variety of methods and for some this might be sadly the only option to find peace. Methods are individual afterall, some might even prefer it. My friend went by this method few years ago and succeeded, I can't imagine what it must've took to beat SI with this one, it probably takes a lot of guts.
@UmbraDweller I plan to kill myself using an overdose/poisoning or heart failure from anxoeria by continuing to abuse diet pills and laxatives.

I once overdid it one time with the laxatives and diet pills I felt so weak and my heart rate was not beating normally I genuinely felt my heart was going to stop. It was a scary period of my life but next time I know how far to go.

Last edited:
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
The failed attempt videos of people from trains are brutal. Limbs cut off while still alive

Reactions: juna, prone2fury, DeIetedUser4739 and 2 others
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Land in the center of a train, bus, truck, etc. Squat immediately, so thousands of pounds can crush you to death.

• Love
Reactions: errorsinmypast, juna, lostinwoe and 1 other person
set0553

set0553

самоубийство
May 16, 2024
So crazy.. so many ways to ctb but so many ways it can go wrong and possibly leaves one paralyzed, missing limbs, a slobbering idiot, or worse.. id always considered slitting my forearms, wrist to elbow, following with hanging, but then thought maybe poisoning was better, then considered variations of these with my gun.. unfortuanetely doesn't seem to be any "guaranteed" way, but it also seems to be dependent upon the individual and how much they really want to ctb, similar to people either waking from a coma, or not. I know that if want to truly die, ill make it happen, one way or the other.. its all about will.

Reactions: juna
lostinwoe

lostinwoe

woefully bound to death.
Mar 1, 2024
I disagree if you put your neck on the rails, you'll die instantly 100% decapitated

• Love
Reactions: errorsinmypast, juna, Hollowman and 2 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Yes not fair on the driver or emergency services.

Japan has the right idea about train suicide in my view.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Little_Suzy
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Yes not fair on the driver or emergency services.

Japan has the right idea about train suicide in my view.

It is definitely an option for a family group suicide, or if you hate your family. lol

• Yay!
Reactions: Alex Fermentopathy and divinemistress36
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Honestly, I never envisioned someone jumping in front of a train from a platform at a station. Whenever I read posts about the "train method" my mind always pictures someone hiding by the side of some RR tracks, out in the countryside, waiting on either a relatively fast freight train, or even a faster passenger train, to come along, and then timing their move to jump in front of it. Still, I think there's a LOT of risk with this method not working as intended. The shape of the front of the train alone (rounded nose) could be enough to effectively deflect you from achieving a full impact, thereby only resulting in serious injury to you. The only way that I see the train method being highly effective, as another poster pointed out, is to lay your neck on a track and let the train's wheel decapitate, or nearly decapitate, you. That would take a lot of "balls", though. I doubt I could do it. I feel for those who have so few options that they need to resort to any method involving trains.

Reactions: juna, Freedomatlast24, vampire2002 and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I agree, it seems too risky to me too and I really don't feel comfortable with methods that involve another person directly.

What troubles me is how risky all (homemade) methods are though. I don't have figures or anything but, just thinking about it logically- the vast majority of methods either involve depriving the body of oxygen or destroying the body/ brain. If either of them fail, the results I imagine could also be pretty bad and long-term. It actually makes me angry we're going to have to risk doing that to ourselves if we really want out.

Reactions: juna and vampire2002
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I admit myself I do wonder how it feels to walk in front of a train and it hitting me so I no longer exist but NEVER have I considered using this method because failing this method absolutely terrifies me because I know how dangerous it is .

Train is the WORST and most DANGEROUS method ever because this is one method a person CANT afford to make a mistake or screw up otherwise the results will be loss of limbs and permanent disability. There are multiple cases of people who used this method and ended up losing limbs.

Jumping against a train involves a high level of accurate and precise calculation from the time you stand against the platform/chosen surface and the seconds the train comes to the final part when you jump. This is a narrow window often with seconds.

Anything can go wrong during this time period which is why so many train sucides fail.

●The train decides to reduces its speed as result instant death will not happen as there is not enough force to instantly kill the person. I used to read the Lost All Hope website as a teenager and from what I remember reading it explained that a certain level of train speed can instantly kill a person if they are exposed to it and anything lower than that speed death will not happen.

● The way you throw yourself in front of the train if the persons positions themselves in a way and fails to jump properly infront of the train will NOT hit you but instead injure you. This is how people end up with deep cuts on their legs or arms which cant be saved. This is why amputations happen.

● Caught by the people working in the train station ie trespassing a criminal offence, mess up with the jumping etc. In the UK where I live train stations have signs warning people they will be fined thousands of pounds if they end up walking on the railway track.

Ignore all the successful train suicides in the media. The media will always report a successful suicide especially if the person is young and attractive. The media does it to sell stories, promote an agenda ie mental health awareness, give grieving parents a platform to push for some sort of change in society etc

There are a lot of methods that can leave a person very badly injured if they mess up. A train is by no means the only one. (Guns, or jumping from a height are obvious ones. Less obvious, but just as dangerous are carbon monoxide, which can leave you with permanent brain damage if you survive, many kinds of pills (which can damage you badly), even hypothermia (the method I will use) if you attampt it at temperatures well below freezing and you survive with serious frostbite - you can lose limbs with that too.) I would have thought that suicide by train is very effective - fast, and probably painless (because you would die in just a few seconds) - provided you do it properly. The bottom line is that any suicide needs to be planned with care. The girl in the article you link to clearly hadn't planned it properly.
A vital part of planning - and one that seems often to be overlooked - is thinking through, in advance, and critically, every step of every action that you will need to make. If she had done that, she would not have made the mistake she did.
My main concern with suicide by train would not be that it is ineffective. As I said, it will be very effective if done properly. My concern is the possible effect on the driver.

• Love
Reactions: errorsinmypast, juna and vampire2002
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
It depends on the type of train and which part of track you choose

Reactions: thebelljarrr, juna and Linda
itsneverbeenmoreove

itsneverbeenmoreove

You are just my love
May 21, 2024
In all my of my time deliberating, car crashes, trains, etc have seemed too unreliable, and more importantly, really unkind to the people who are involved. I really really really don't want to inconvenience anyone--I do that enough in my day to day life--so if I could at least not do that one last time, that'd be nice. That's not to say I don't think about it when I'm at the train station. But even normal people have "intrusive thoughts" in places like that.

That said, if any large freight trains pass by you, that is much more reliable, but again, I wouldn't recommend it for the inconvenience it causes other people.

Reactions: juna
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
TBH though I think the main reason why it fails is because people throw themselves underneath the train.

If a train hits you on the head at a high speed you're almost certainly dead.

People are stupid enough to lie their entire body on the tracks.
If I was to go for train decap, I'd position myself so the rest of my body is off the track, so only my neck/head will be hit.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: juna and vampire2002
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
I think this is why I was hesitating to jump on to the train tracks recently. I'm worried I'm going to lose my limbs and still be alive, what about jumping on to the train when it's at full speed?

N

Naetoh

May 8, 2024
@Naetoh Oh my god how did you feel at the time witnessing that so young ?
I don't remember feeling much of anything really. Maybe if I'd actually seen the act or the results it would have been an issue. Maybe I was already dead inside.

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr and juna
MikUma

MikUma

certified red flag
Dec 7, 2023

hi! i was planning on using train by decapitation, rather than throwing myself in front of it. i have heard that layijg down and letting it go over your neck will be so fast, i wouldn't know i was gone. as i was reading this, i'm having doubts. what is the min speed a train can go without killing a person?

Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
Where I live the train system seems a popular way to go.. although I don't have statistics
I know in the last 15 years there's probably been maybe 10 or more people that have chosen this way. I believe the train system goes around 80 mph. I have not heard of an unsuccessful attempt. Our community reports on all the incidences pretty quickly. Unfortunately I know the majority were under the age of 18. I can't even write this without getting upset...where I live expectations are ridiculous...

I think the two main reasons are the pressure to get into some prestigious University especially one that is in the same town and probably bullying.

I did not grow up in the town that I live in now and even though I encountered severe bullying I think this town takes it to another level. The majority of people that live in this town have money. Not me! But a lot of people. I'm sure the kids have designer everything.. I remember my mom making me a lot of clothes instead of having designer brands.

Coincidentally the railroad track goes right by the nearby High School and Middle School. So I think some of these children did it spontaneously. Damn the pressure must have been unreal😢

I remember a few years back they had to hire people to stay at the railroad crossings 24/7. What kind of world do we live in!? I know I kind of got off the point of this post but no child should have to jump in front of a train because of expectations and what University they will get in to or if you do not have designer clothes.😢

• Aww..
Reactions: TapeMachine
R

rmartin

Dec 20, 2021
Trains as a method of suicide depends on the train and whether the train is going at top speed. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and we have a light rail (Bart) and a heavy rail (Amtrack Capitol Corridor). Attempts near train stations are more iffy to work because the train is slowing down or slowly trying to speed up. It's actually about 50/50 at a station of the light rail as far as I can tell from local news. ( The local news is good at reporting delays from the train due to a person struck by the train at the station as a sort of traffic report so locals can find out about delays and make alt arrangements. And the news likes to report that the person is in the hospital to make commuters feel a little better) The light rail is more iffy to work because access to it is limited to stations and it physically goes slower (it has an average speed of 30 miles an hr). The Amtrak when you are far enough between stations that it's at top speed is very deadly. (It's top speed is 75 miles an hr) Once a year or so a car will get stuck at the train crossings because they entered and the traffic prevents them from exiting and usually everyone in the car is instantly killed if it's in a city located between stops. It's a very large train going at high speeds. If your head or torso is in the way, the sheer force is instantly deadly and the train is physically unable to stop in time.

T

the_last_race

Sep 9, 2023
It has a lot of variables to think through, but to call it "worse" is quite an overstatement. Unless you care about the driver - puting your head on the tracks will do the job for absolute sure.

G

GoneFromRevolution

Life is a highway, why not be the man in my trunk?
Nov 6, 2022

I would say burning to death would be the worst. Also, you don't have to jump. I'm thinking about just laying down and getting decapitated.

Reactions: CelestialDiana
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Bungee jumping and cutting the rope before you let go 😂

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36