D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
Anyone have a Toronto star subscription and would be willing to share screenshots of the news article that's been written about the sasu forum? I'm curious to see what they've said and if Canada is going to restrict access to sasu.
IMG 2643

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, Chronicoverwhelm, wljourney and 3 others
S

sewycidial

Jan 13, 2024
I was trying to read the same article today the New york times one is interesting though

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
If you want to read it then just turn off javascript.

I skimmed through it and it seems to just be the same bs that has already been said about this site. Why bother writing an article about SaSu if you are just going to repeat the same shit that every other article says about this place? You come on here, do the bare minimum of research on this place, while clearly not even trying to be somewhat open-minded, and just repeat the unnuanced takes everyone has heard a million times before.

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, Chronicoverwhelm, beelzebul and 2 others
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
If you want to read it then just turn off javascript.

I skimmed through it and it seems to just be the same bs that has already been said about this site. Why bother writing an article about SaSu if you are just going to repeat the same shit that every other article says about this place? You come on here, do the bare minimum of research on this place, while clearly not even trying to be somewhat open-minded, and just repeat the unnuanced takes everyone has heard a million times before.
I don't think half of the people writing articles actually even do come on here. Every article is just parroting the rest with nothing unique to say and it seems a lot like they are just getting their information from each other rather than doing the research themselves.

Edit: I read the article and to be fair he clearly did SOME research, but it seems pretty surface level with the quotes that were chosen. It speaks more about people who are against the site, rather than the site itself. I will PM you more information so if you are interested check your inbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: wljourney and EvisceratedJester
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Anyone have a Toronto star subscription and would be willing to share screenshots of the news article that's been written about the sasu forum? I'm curious to see what they've said and if Canada is going to restrict access to sasu.
View attachment 126875
Here is a link to the article without paywall.

I have to say the last 4-5 paragraphs are the most important and of course hidden all the way at the end.

When you force someone to recount 40 times their trauma in the course of 3 months that's closer to murder than Kenneth Law ever came by selling his SN.

That's how you severely retraumatize a patient to the point of suicide. I'm surprised he managed to get through that for so long.

After 10+ years of being churned through the Canadian Mental Health System I refuse to do these kind of assessments for very similar reasons. The same arrogant and paternalistic people asking the same questions over and over again for the same exact answer: we only offer short term support. Your needs are outside our scope of service.

Incompetent people who just move your file from one stack to another.
Never ending waitlists without actual support.
And of course always the useless helpline numbers.

Got my ticket. Just waiting for the bus.

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, odradek, sewycidial and 1 other person