FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It certainly feels like in this world there really is no escape from anything pro life, and I personally cannot stand anything like that as I see it as being harmful to invalidate all of the suffering that exists and dismiss other people's perfectly valid feelings. If people want to exist in this cruel world then that is fine for them but it's tiring how people continue to force this point of view onto others who cannot experience life the same way as them. Suicide should always be respected as a personal decision and other people really should have no right to interfere in any way, as it simply isn't their life. Suicidal people don't deserve to be treated like they are incapable of making decisions for themselves, it's disgusting to treat people in such a way and nobody should have to stay here for even a second longer than they wish to, it seems like everywhere in this pro suffering society suicidal people are treat badly.

And it feels like recently, even this website is often no different with pro lifers coming on the only place we can openly discuss suicide. I don't think that genuine suicidal people come on a pro choice website to hear things like "call a hotline", "permanent solution to temporary problem", "just go to therapy, you are too young, just hang in there, things get better, don't ctb, talk to someone and more unsolicited advice and invalidating toxic positivity. It's sad how there's nowhere free from that type of thing as I'm pretty sure that if people wanted those types of responses they would just go anywhere else in this world. It disgusts me how people invalidate the cruel reality of this existence and have a lack of respect towards the right to die, I feel sorry for the people who just want somewhere to discuss suicide and vent without judgement and instead just have their feelings dismissed and have "advice" that they never even asked for forced on them. If people love life so much then they should just go and enjoy it rather than being so insensitive.

And despite what arrogant older people like to think younger people deserve a right to die as well, it doesn't get "better", and anyway nobody is obligated to exist. I never understand why people think suicide is some kind of privledge that must be earned by years spent on this earth and suffering more, it's certainly cruel to want to deny people a right to die. But anyway none of this even surprises me, it's true that both life itself and humans are the problem and I will always hate this society that for the most part is so focused on prolonging suffering.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mongoose23, xemi2137, Dayrain and 60 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I think you're getting confused with pro choicers. Pro lifers are repulsed by this forum. They don't dare come here

• Love
Reactions: leaf23, etale-cohomology, Depresso Expresso and 11 others
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
yes, and it's not surprising, FuneralCry. and the most tragic part is that this world is not going to change in the coming decades. death is the only escape from this pro-life crap anyway. only when i'm dead nobody can hurt me anymore. these bastards keep restricting methods for us, so i will act, not going to endure this bullshit for years.

I never asked for this life and was perfectly fine until the delusional idiots who somehow found life "worth living!1!!1!" gave birth to me. they believe they have the right to wake the non-existent and impose unnecessary suffering on them, and even take away their right to leave. it's absolutely disgusting, outrageous. taking away peaceful methods from people is a cruel crime. i respect myself, and that's why suicide is my choice

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: leaf23, Rogue Proxy, Antinous and 13 others
AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
As someone younger (23) who's been suicidal on and off most of my life, I am very much pro-choice and believe euthanasia should be a universal right for adults. I believe all feelings are valid and should be listened to, instead of being automatically brushed aside.

That being said, if, say, a teenager wants to kill themselves, I personally would advise to wait a few years longer into adulthood. The teenage brain is much more prone to growth and change, and when you're younger you have more resources to turn your life around. For many, the world is a horrible place, and for some it will stay that way forever, but not for everyone.

You can believe this and still be pro-choice as I am.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mongoose23, sleepyturtle, ShanaRei and 9 others
The Eeyorish One

The Eeyorish One

Oct 9, 2022
I consider myself pro choice but I guess I kinda wanna make sure it's ok to give advice sometimes? Like, I feel uncomfortable not trying to offer up… something. When I wind up responding to a post that warrants it, I'll offer empathy, maybe show them how I relate, and then say something like, if you haven't tried "xyz" yet maybe give it a try since it works for some people. I don't think there's always a solution, or that no one should ever ctb but I do think some people can be helped. I just don't feel comfortable encouraging ctb without alternatives. I do believe it's ultimately up to the individual though to make a decision.

Also, I know exactly who you're talking about when you mentioned the arrogant older people. It was quite insulting seeing someone claim only physical ailments are worthy and that you have to be old to make this decision. I fully believe that it's possible for young people who only have mental anguish to be "worthy" of ctb.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: leaf23, AJwantsToGo, Tobacco and 5 others
AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
I consider myself pro choice but I guess I kinda wanna make sure it's ok give advice sometimes? Like, I feel uncomfortable not trying to offer up… something. When I wind up responding to a post that warrants it, I'll offer empathy, maybe show them how I relate, and then say something like, if you haven't tried "xyz" yet maybe give it a try since it works for some people. I don't think there's always a solution, or that no one should ever ctb but I do think some people can be helped. I just don't feel comfortable encouraging ctb without alternatives. I do believe it's ultimately up to the individual though to make a decision.
Exactly! Where people get it wrong is assuming that pro-choice = pro-death. That's not true.

I believe as a pro-choice person that it's up to every adult to make a decision that's best for them. And when you're making such an important decision, you owe it to yourself to hear all perspectives and possible solutions. Not just "the only option should be death".

• Love
Reactions: leaf23, AJwantsToGo, Myforevercharlie and 6 others
Fwompje

Fwompje

life is cruel and time heals nothing
Feb 23, 2023
I think a part of it (at least I catch myself doing it) is that you're indoctrinated by society to say certain things in situations and to still somewhat believe that other people besides yourself "must have something to live for". I'm a new user on this site, I used to mainly be on Reddit and you get banned from subreddits if you don't say something along those lines.

It's something newcomers should be critical of before commenting, and perhaps it would be good to call others out on it (gently hahaha).

Reactions: leaf23, Electronic Music, blanket99 and 1 other person
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
It's like The Twilight Zone all of a sudden.

I haven't been here that long, but in just the last few weeks - the relief I used to feel when logging on has turned into disgust.

I enjoyed the metaphorical cloud that protected us, in a sense.

Now, every other post is some weirdo pushing hotlines and useless coping mechanisms.

With their artificial sunshine and raggedy ass advice that no one asked for.

Handing out poo-flavored lollipops. I've never wanted to dish out a bouquet of virtual bitch-slaps as badly as I have over the last few weeks.

*Whew. I really needed to get that off my chest*

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Antinous, Disappointered and 10 others

A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023
Reading some of FuneralCry's posts give me a little bit of relief from all super toxic positivity crap in this world, even if i don't agree 100% with what she writes.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ShanaRei, Maaizr, Kawaii_Shoujo215 and 4 others
angelcircuit

angelcircuit

"I feel like I can do... just about anything."
Feb 23, 2023
The part about older people telling younger people that they shouldn't die is something I see around a lot on this forum, and it bothers me. It feels insensitive to invalidate younger people's lives and experiences that led them up to this point simply because "they aren't in their prime," or "they are not done developing," yet those same older people are on this forum talking about how they want to die too. Doesn't this prove that life does not get better with age in some circumstances?

The older people here sound hypocritical when they say things like this, and they don't seem to understand that there are reasons why we are here to begin with. We aren't here to "try out" CTB for no reason, we are here because we have no choice but to do so. We are at the end of the line.

Something I have told myself while coming to this place is that if someone is here then it means there's little to no chance of changing their mind unless if they state otherwise. If they believe life can work out for them after all or if they want to give it one last shot then of course I will be there to support and encourage them, but others (specifically pro-lifers) have to understand that peace comes in a variety of forms for each person. And sometimes peace takes on the form of death.

I know mine does.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mongoose23, leaf23, Rogue Proxy and 7 others
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
It's like The Twilight Zone all of a sudden.

I haven't been here that long, but in just the last few weeks - the relief I used to feel when logging on has turned into disgust.

I enjoyed the metaphorical cloud that protected us, in a sense.

Now, every other post is some weirdo pushing hotlines and useless coping mechanisms.

With their artificial sunshine and raggedy ass advice that no one asked for.

Handing out poo-flavored lollipops. I've never wanted to dish out a bouquet of virtual bitch-slaps as badly as I have over the last few weeks.

*Whew. I really needed to get that off my chest*
potty squatty GIF

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: cristaleyez, Rogue Proxy, moonlightwhisper and 5 others
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Those are the most hypocritical beings. No attention should be put to them, they need to be ignored as rats, thats it.

Reactions: angelcircuit
D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
I am genuinely pro-choice, as long as the person is capable of making decisions for themselves.
I'm not sure what is the age of people who post obviously non-lethal attempt plans, or edgy plans of gruesome and painful attempts, and ask if their life is bad enough to do it and how to fix their non-lethal plans into lethal ones.
I mean if right to die is a human right there should be some option for illiterate people too, but I don't think it's possible now. And how can they even type if they can't read? Or do they refuse to use their brains in an act of protest against society? I'm afraid I can't help. I'm okay with talking with adults, including young adults, who are suicidal - as long as they are capable of making decisions about themselves and as long as they understand and use brains. I hate the involuntary hospitalization idea, but I don't think I am able to do anything in written internet communication with a person who is either unable, or unwilling to read and think.
I'm more sick of people who ask "will holding my breath for really long time kill me" or "is my life bad enough to chop my head off with a butter knife", than with pro-lifers. Because this sorts of stuff feeds pro-lifers belief that some suicidal people are unfit to make decisions about themselves.

Reactions: leaf23, Celerity and leeloosnow
FishGoingInsane

FishGoingInsane

Tired.
Feb 13, 2023
it doesn't get "better"
I don't think that this is entirely true. For some people, life might eventually get better. The thing is, no one knows if it will get better for them or how long it'll take. If they don't want to or can't wait for life to possibly get better, they should have the freedom to CTB when they want to. However, if people truly want to believe that life will get better, then they should be able to. I guess that makes me pro-choice. No one should be able to outright tell anyone that life is good or bad, they should make that decision completely on their own, based on their own thoughts and experiences. I think that on this forum, sometimes people want help, and other times they don't and they just want to share. It's not always easy to tell.

• Love
Reactions: cristaleyez, leaf23, Celerity and 8 others
R

raindrinker30

Feb 2, 2023
Even if your life got better it would only be temporary and the aging process would eventually give you more suffering. Most 'natural' deaths are not nice and with 80% of people being overweight in western societies most people would suffer a lot and increase the risk of devastating conditions like brain damage from a stroke. The government and capitalism/consumerism are making us suffer much more so they should offer us assisted ctb so we can avoid suffering.

If I got throat cancer for example I do not like the idea of someone dissecting my throat to save me and I would rather euthanasia

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: leaf23, Rogue Proxy, 0000000000000 and 6 others
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I don't think that this is entirely true. For some people, life might eventually get better. The thing is, no one knows if it will get better for them or how long it'll take. If they don't want to or can't wait for life to possibly get better, they should have the freedom to CTB when they want to. However, if people truly want to believe that life will get better, then they should be able to. I guess that makes me pro-choice. No one should be able to outright tell anyone that life is good or bad, they should make that decision completely on their own, based on their own thoughts and experiences. I think that on this forum, sometimes people want help, and other times they don't and they just want to share. It's not always easy to tell.
I think OP is talking about people who claim that life getting better is a guarantee. There's no guarantee that things will get better, but there's always a guarantee that there's gonna be more pain to trudge through in life.
Even if your life got better it would only be temporary and the aging process would eventually give you more suffering. Most 'natural' deaths are not nice and with 80% of people being overweight in western societies most people would suffer a lot and increase the risk of devastating conditions like brain damage from a stroke. The government and capitalism/consumerism are making us suffer much more so they should offer us assisted ctb so we can avoid suffering.

If I got throat cancer for example I do not like the idea of someone dissecting my throat to save me and I would rather euthanasia
That's a really good point to bring up. Personally, I'm pro-choice because my mom died of cancer when I was young, and seeing her slowly waste away was painful and traumatizing for me, so I can only imagine what it was like for her. Everyone dies eventually, and not everyone wants to prolong their lives.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: leaf23, Rogue Proxy, leeloosnow and 3 others
R

raindrinker30

Feb 2, 2023
Also they tell us 50% of people will get cancer in their lifetime, but these prolifers want to force people to undergo dangerous treatments and suffer to die a slow agonising death instead of giving us the same rights as dogs get. And with mental health problems growing because of bad government and bad society they want to force people to suffer.

We are just cattle to the government, a White House economist even called us 'human capital stock' on TV a few years ago. The system is so corrupt bleeding people dry for capitalism. People with mental health problems are the biggest victims in society and used for illegal human experimentation by big pharma.

This comment was written by ChatGPT…

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, HopelessSoul, 0000000000000 and 4 others
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Idk...imo, saying a few words for the possibility of giving life another chance doesn't make someone a pro-lifer, by default. In some cases, it does get better. In others, it does not. Ctb is permanent, there is no undoing it, so carefully considering all options and doing serious introspection is advised.
The problem is with those who invalidate young users because of their age. Like, you don't know what that young person went thru.
Take all you read with a grain of salt, even so, this site is far behind R/suicidewatch in BS :)

• Love
Reactions: leaf23, Lost in a Dream and katagiri83
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I think you're getting confused with pro choicers. Pro lifers are repulsed by this forum. They don't dare come here
They can and have been some that have tried to convince people to leave and change their mind about CTBing, regardless of the reasons why one would want to. Tantacruel would be a great example of this.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Lost in a Dream
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
The suicidal people at a clinic were "pro-lifers". A couple of them alerted the doctors when someone shared his ctb method, like children running to mommy and daddy. Got him into trouble

Even that guy got weird, calling me "dark" when I showed excitement about ctb. Even though I listened to him without judging.

Ok, lesson learned, no excitement. So I shared my sadness to another patient. She told me not to join them at a fun outing because some were trying to "recover"

They were like zombies, no flair, just coping with excruciatingly boring lives. Eager students at normie school, who flunked the first time. I increasingly used this forum. Not the recovery forum, it's like hell

"Pro-lifers": I hate that term. They don't live, they cling tediously. Submissive to an abusive relationship. They should run along to the recovery forum and stop doing damage here, spamming their dull lifeless messages regardless of context. "Just go to therapy". WTF!? That's how you order a burger, not a mind hacker. You'll likely get a mental script-kiddie, blindly spamming his tools into you. Smugly mindfucking the money out of you

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Disappointered, Maaizr and 5 others
WeepingWillow

WeepingWillow

One with endless night
May 11, 2020
Evey case is different. I think some people on here think a messured and appropriate response to a head ache is to defenestrate themselfs out the nearest 10 story window. If someone is suffering from a completely curable temporary condition i think its a bit extreme to go with the nuclear option. Also for the record i do believe everyone deserves the autonomy to self determine. But hey im just some guy on the internet and no one has to listen to me. Thats the beauty of it. Peace and love to all concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Celerity, Lost in a Dream, Source Energy and 1 other person
sorrowful

sorrowful

My exhaustion knows no end
Feb 13, 2023
No one should be forced to stay alive because another person says they have to be. I hate that we have to resort to painful or risky methods to ctb that could cause us to suffer more than we already are.

People need to realize that sometimes there is truly no getting better, and suicide is the only escape. For me, the idea of it brings a sense of peacefulness, but then there is all the trouble of methods and getting everything right that make it stressful. It all feels extremely unfair being as I have felt how I do since I was a child and it never improved, only been getting worse as time goes on. I'm exhausted. I wish there was an easy way out for us all.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Disappointered, LetmeCTB566 and 4 others
F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
I don't think there are too many "pro lifers." The occasional different opinion is not a bad thing, even here where the forum has a purpose. I don't think an echo chamber where everyone has the exact same opinion is any more helpful. Maybe these so called pro lifers can help just one person re-evaluate who really just needed to hear a different voice. Who knows. Let's not to be too dogmatic and think we only need one way of thinking. The forum achieves its purpose. Information is disseminated.

Reactions: cristaleyez, Celerity, foreversad16 and 5 others
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
I don't think there are too many "pro lifers." The occasional different opinion is not a bad thing, even here where the forum has a purpose. I don't think an echo chamber where everyone has the exact same opinion is any more helpful. Maybe these so called pro lifers can help just one person re-evaluate who really just needed to hear a different voice. Who knows. Let's not to be too dogmatic and think we only need one way of thinking. The forum achieves its purpose. Information is disseminated.
I don't think it's a matter of people having different opinions; it's a matter of people saying things that most of us came here to avoid. When people use their "positivity" as a tool of harassment and tell us that we're being illogical and just need to go to therapy to fix everything. The point of this forum is for people to not push others to live or die, only to support people in decisions that they've already made and help them find resources either to recover or to end their lives.

I haven't seen it from a lot of people, but when someone starts telling you that you're a bad person for wanting to die or starts making judgments about your character and how you feel about your loved ones, that kind of behavior doesn't belong.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Maaizr, Yavannah and 8 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Actually, we should seek out an echo chamber. Everywhere off this site is a pro life echo chamber and this is our one and only place not to deal with it. If we wanted to be bombarded with useless pro life rhetoric, we would be on sites that are the opposite of this one instead of actually being here.

Also, there is a useful section on here for people to push their pro recovery views, and that is the recovery section, which is aptly named for that.

• Love
Reactions: cristaleyez, Disaster, Maaizr and 8 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Actually, we should seek out an echo chamber. Everywhere off this site is a pro life echo chamber and this is our one and only place not to deal with it. If we wanted to be bombarded with useless pro life rhetoric, we would be on sites that are the opposite of this one instead of actually being here.

Also, there is a useful section on here for people to push their pro recovery views, and that is the recovery section, which is aptly named for that.
Yeah, this place can be called an echo chamber no more than the wider world at large can be called one too. If people support being able to choose suicide, that's just the core tenet of this community. Certainly saying it is not completely ruled out as an option I think is healthier than completely forbidding it.

I know the term "pro-lifer" gets bandied about but I have seen some accounts lately that could fairly be called as such and clearly don't respect this place's philosophy. Thankfully they get banned pretty quickly.

Reactions: TapeMachine, 0000000000000 and WeepingWillow
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
So, all responses, no matter the situation, should be "yes, go ahead and kill yourself asap"?
Sometimes when you read someone's story, you might want to suggest something first, especially if they have a family and have love in their lives.
If all avenues have been exhausted, and the pain is too great, then of course support that person's choice.
But it feels sometimes that any other kind of conversation is seen as a pro-lifer.
It is a forum - should be allowed to look at things from all angles. That doesn't invalidate anyone's feelings.
I'm as sad and suicidal as it gets, not a pro-lifer at all.
But not all lives are beyond fixing.

Reactions: Celerity, foreversad16 and WeepingWillow
LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
When/if i make a goodbye thread on this forum, i'm going to explicitly request that people don't try and stop me out of respect. I have done everything in my power to get help. I've waited for so, so fucking long.

And yet, i doubt this would do anything. Even on goodbye threads i still see people pleading for them to consider stopping - even after the OP asked to not be stopped. It's honestly pretty disrespectful on this forum IMO.

I don't mind people suggesting recovery options- as long as its tasteful and specific to the thread. Not some broad bullshit like "get therapy, you aren't alone, you have family who cares for you" etc. We just don't know enough about someone here to make those kinds of comments.

It's when it's done in a persons last thread that really bothers me. This is meant to be a safe haven- let it be that way if they've already decided.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, sorrowful, TapeMachine and 5 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
So, all responses, no matter the situation, should be "yes, go ahead and kill yourself asap"?
Sometimes when you read someone's story, you might want to suggest something first, especially if they have a family and have love in their lives.
If all avenues have been exhausted, and the pain is too great, then of course support that person's choice.
But it feels sometimes that any other kind of conversation is seen as a pro-lifer.
It is a forum - should be allowed to look at things from all angles. That doesn't invalidate anyone's feelings.
Saying "you should kill yourself" is not what we are asking for. We are asking for people to respect our choices without this pro life rhetoric that they spew. Not forcing said rhetoric isn't being "pro death" or encouraging suicide. It is respecting another person's autonomy and choice. If the post indicates an interest in potential advice, or the poster blatantly asks for it, then there is nothing wrong with offering the rhetoric.

• Love
Reactions: Disaster, Rogue Proxy, moonlightwhisper and 5 others
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
I think you have to take into consideration whether or not someone wants their life to be fixed. Sometimes a person will just vent about struggles they have, and someone will swoop in to tell them that their problems don't matter because other people have it worse. They preach false solutions and insult a person's character over the fact that they're suicidal.

I think that people should only really give advice if it's asked for. That's not a pro-death narrative. It's okay to give alternate perspectives, but you also have to respect the intention that the OP has for a thread. Some people are all too happy to derail a thread with toxic positivity; that's the problem.

Too many people don't seem to understand that someone venting isn't an invitation to go into problem-solving mode, as people who are venting generally just want to get feelings out of their system and have their emotions validated.

• Love
Reactions: Anon1337, moonlightwhisper, QuietLake and 6 others