K

Ktenacious007

Student
Sep 10, 2019
I have a 9mm I bought. After watching hours of penetration tests on YouTube, 9mm seems to penetrate hard barriers like bone better that slower calibers like .40 or .45. But I'm worried 9mm isn't big enough to kill me, or it will bounce off my skull, or I won't die instantly.

SN method is too painful. I've seen a few posts here of people who tried it and backed out.

Nem is too expensive, and from what I hear extremely hard to drink.

Feeling like I should get a different gun. But .357 magnum etc is just so big it would blow my head off and and I want to stay in one piece.

idk whether to do a temple shot, technically no Brain there, or the middle of the side of my head, or aim up through the roof of the mouth.

due to my health suicide is the only option. Has nothing to do with depression.

• Hugs
Reactions: casctb, Blobby, Depressed_7 and 1 other person
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I can't lie. I think I'd struggle pulling the trigger as well

Reactions: casctb, Aeathelina, Good4Nothing and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Send it to me

• Aww..
Reactions: Oyoy and The Dark Chaos
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I have a 9mm I bought. After watching hours of penetration tests on YouTube, 9mm seems to penetrate hard barriers like bone better that slower calibers like .40 or .45. But I'm worried 9mm isn't big enough to kill me, or it will bounce off my skull, or I won't die instantly.

SN method is too painful. I've seen a few posts here of people who tried it and backed out.

Feeling like I should get a different gun. But .357 magnum etc is just so big it would blow my head off and and I want to stay in one piece.

idk whether to do a temple shot, technically no Brain there, or the middle of the side of my head, or aim up through the roof of the mouth.

Interesting many of the worries you have I share too. And yes 9mm seems to penetrate better I have even a video where it goes through and through a man´s head if you are interested in seeing that and I have a police report about a mass shooter who also used a 9mm and in the report it stated it went through and through too but mostly it doesn´t but that doesn´t matter, asumming people were trying to "save you" it would only be possible if the bullet graces the brain as soon as the bullet makes it into the middle there is nothing doctors can do

And even if it doesn´t e.g. like I want to do it at night so even if in a somewhat secluded area so even if I don´t die instantly you will bleed out in a couple of minutes but don´t worry because you will go unconcious the moment you pull the trigger remember the survivors like in shootings are not shot point blank in the head they are shot from a distance often hit at an angle while you will be pressing the gun to the right side of the head in a direct line to the brain, and I´m glad you said not to shoot yourself in the temple because it has the lest chance of success and you might blow your eyes out I will shoot myself 1-2cm above and in front my right ear at the softer part of the skull, if you go back just above your right ear you can feel the skull is a bit harder not that I think it would matter too much.

I too share the concern if the 9mm will do despite having many videos and pictures where people kill themselves using a 9mm to the right side of the head so it will work we just have to think rationally about it, I am sure you wouldn´t be all your belongings and money on me surviving such a point blank shot to the head right?

I had also considered buying a 357. magnum revolver but I also don´t like the idea of blowing my head off which I also have some pictures of a young woman who shot herself in the right side of the head and it looked a bit like a shotgun suicide but of course it´s not gaurenteed like Budd Dwyer shot himself in the roof of his mouth with a 357. and it didn´t appear to blow his head apart.

Feel free to aks any other questions since I have researched this to death, also in the article below they explains how fast your death will be from a gunshot; it takes the brain 150-200 milliseconds to process anything and you will go unconcious the second you pull the trigger and since our brains have so slow proccessing power you actually won´t even hear the 'bang' from the gunshot try and really think about that just press the trigger and then you are gone even if you technically die 1-2 minutes later from blood loss if you miss the brain stem it wouldn´t matter because you´re unconcious the moment you pulled the trigger so it would feel like an instant death anyways. Anyways I hope you soldiered through this long post I also tend to write too much and if you did make it through it all I hope it made you ease your mind about this perfect method.

Reactions: Good4Nothing, Deleted member 17331, GravityUtilizer and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Please see the firearms megathread, I think that's what it's called. It's listed in the pinned Resources Compilation. I can't attest to accuracy, but there is much discussion there about the best placement to reasonably ensure fatality.

I can personally attest to having known people intimately acquainted with survivors of self-inflicted rifle shots to the temple and chest, and while I don't have resources to back this up, it is widely known that such placement often fails. Don't take my word for it, research for yourself. Perhaps there are references cited in the megathread.

As you'll see on the megathread, aiming for the brain stem via the mouth is advised, and there are some who also advise placement behind the ear. There is likely other placement advice as well.

Reactions: casctb, pthnrdnojvsc, Blobby and 1 other person
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Please see the firearms megathread,
@Ktenacious007 Please don´t do that they make a handgun suicide out be rocket science, I read many pages and they discourage more than they help shoot yourself in the right side of the head (not directly temple) and you will die 100% if there are no one around the ONLY reasons people most suicide attempts is because they get "saved" if you do it in the middle of the night at a secluded area you will bleed to death while unconcious, remember survivors are "saved" otherwise they´d be dead.

Reactions: jakaka
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It would be due to the survival instinct and it takes a lot of willpower and desensitization in order to overcome it. I've gotten to the point where I'm indifferent towards voluntary death (by my own hands and choice) such that I even look forward to it at various times in my life. I don't know the best advice to give in terms of overcoming your SI (if that's what you are looking to achieve), but I have found rumination, channeling the inner pain, torment, hurt, and being in a dark, desolate place mentally has eased my SI significantly. All it takes is the right time, right circumstance and I'm gone.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Since you have access to a peaceful and quick method. I would recommend not rushing into it. I would take my time as you can leave at any time since you have a firearm. Best of luck to you.

dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018

Yeah its terrifying. I couldn't do it when I had guns, before they where taken away. My understanding is the best way is to aim behind your ear. This hits the brain stem. Up through the mouth is a bad idea, you may just blow your face off and survive.

A

Awayout

Jun 17, 2019

I own many firearms, including a 9mm. I can guarantee you that it's not going to bounce off your skull, especially point blank haha. I have shot Normal FMJs through a steel drum, which is much harder than a skull.

Reactions: Aonewayticketplease and TheGoodGuy
K

Ktenacious007

Student
Sep 10, 2019
Yeah its terrifying. I couldn't do it when I had guns, before they where taken away. My understanding is the best way is to aim behind your ear. This hits the brain stem. Up through the mouth is a bad idea, you may just blow your face off and survive.
I tried for practice. So awkward to even aim up like that. Couldn't even aim straight up
I own many firearms, including a 9mm. I can guarantee you that it's not going to bounce off your skull, especially point blank haha. I have shot Normal FMJs through a steel drum, which is much harder than a skull.
Was planning on using hollow point. Gold dot Speer 124g. Bonded core to pass through barriers better

I

Irrelevant biologist

Jun 3, 2020
My dad went through the mouth. Died instantly according to coroner. So.... yeah.

• Aww..
Reactions: Oyoy
G

garbagemonkey

May 18, 2020
@Ktenacious007 Please don´t do that they make a handgun suicide out be rocket science, I read many pages and they discourage more than they help shoot yourself in the right side of the head (not directly temple) and you will die 100% if there are no one around the ONLY reasons people most suicide attempts is because they get "saved" if you do it in the middle of the night at a secluded area you will bleed to death while unconcious, remember survivors are "saved" otherwise they´d be dead.
You have said several times to shoot the right side of the head. Is right vs. left different? I don't have a right arm so I could only use my left hand. I have settled on SN, but want to be versed in as many methods as possible in case something changes in my plans.

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I feel similarly. If I had a gun right now, I would be scared. What happens when life goes out? I wont see my brother again, or my online friends. I wont even get to play pokemon anymore. Its a huge risk

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005
T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
Not afraid, but the nature that your hand you might flinch OP. I'm in USA, have a gun is easy. But you want to blow your head off, and not flinch and let the bullet fly pass you and blow your face off and still be alive.

That is why I rather jump, the tallest skyscraper you can find, and let gravity do it natural work.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Very little of what you have posted is grounded in sound wound ballistic science. A 357 won't "blow your head off." A high velocity 9mm round isn't going to bounce off your skull from a direct shot.

Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
There is room for error and if it doesn't kill you, you're either disfigured, a vegetable, or both.

SN isn't going to be the most peaceful but if you take the proper dosage and pair it with a benzo you're going to pass out before you feel most of the side effects. You are dying and your body will fight it but you won't be conscious and if you're saved/found you won't suffer from adverse affects.

Much better deal in my book. If you're going with SN and expecting to feel nothing you're going to be in for a surprise. If you are prepared for the nausea and stomach pain for a short while then it shouldn't be unbearable for you.

T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
@TheGoodGuy

Hey there, you seem to know alot about gun, if you can help me with my question.

I have a tactical shotgun, I specificly bought it after I see that Shuaiby suicide video, where he blast his head literally to pieces.

It this shotgun I'm talking about (pic):

U+first++_d798d01b11b308ee15b0dccc1dcc6d77.png

ok, you see this guy he didn't even put in his mouth or point at his temple, he just point at his head and BAM, and from the video it literally blow his head to pieces.

So I'm guessing if I just aim like him it should work right? I'm scare I might FLINCH you know, but with this specific type of shotgun if hold at point blank to your head and shot, would flinch make any difference?

I keep hesitate because I don't know if flinch make that much of a different with this big of a gun, but who knows you know? I'm not scare to pull the trigger, because I know it be so quick. I just worry if I flinch, and I end up not dead.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
@TheGoodGuy

Hey there, you seem to know alot about gun, if you can help me with my question.

I have a tactical shotgun, I specificly bought it after I see that Shuaiby suicide video, where he blast his head literally to pieces.

It this shotgun I'm talking about (pic):

U+first++_d798d01b11b308ee15b0dccc1dcc6d77.png

ok, you see this guy he didn't even put in his mouth or point at his temple, he just point at his head and BAM, and from the video it literally blow his head to pieces.

So I'm guessing if I just aim like him it should work right? I'm scare I might FLINCH you know, but with this specific type of shotgun if hold at point blank to your head and shot, would flinch make any difference?

I keep hesitate because I don't know if flinch make that much of a different with this big of a gun, but who knows you know? I'm not scare to pull the trigger, because I know it be so quick. I just worry if I flinch, and I end up not dead.
I´m sorry I can´t see the picture.
You have said several times to shoot the right side of the head. Is right vs. left different? I don't have a right arm so I could only use my left hand. I have settled on SN, but want to be versed in as many methods as possible in case something changes in my plans.
I´m sorry I just say right side because that is where I am going to shoot but left side would work just as good.
This is why I hesitate with a gun.
There is room for error and if it doesn't kill you, you're either disfigured, a vegetable, or both.

SN isn't going to be the most peaceful but if you take the proper dosage and pair it with a benzo you're going to pass out before you feel most of the side effects. You are dying and your body will fight it but you won't be conscious and if you're saved/found you won't suffer from adverse affects.

Much better deal in my book. If you're going with SN and expecting to feel nothing you're going to be in for a surprise. If you are prepared for the nausea and stomach pain for a short while then it shouldn't be unbearable for you.
You have to be an idiot to mess up a suicide with a gun it isn´t rocket science, like I saw a woman who survived after shooting herself under the chin in a 90 degree angle she didn´t even aim for the brain that´s just stupidity, aim for the brain and shoot so there isn´t much room for error unless you look at the firearm megathread then it becomes to complicated but anyone can put a gun to the right or left side of their head and pull the trigger, of course they would have to overcome SI.

I´d choose a gun over SN any day a gunshot to the head is instant death while SN takes about 20 minutes and you have to fast for many hours take different meds at the right time and it might be painful or at least uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tamazi 123
T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
@TheGoodGuy

Ask you this in my thread, but I post it here again just in case you didn't see it.

I reup the pic, this is the shotgun.

If you can't see the pic, you can click on this link: https://ibb.co/0twLXdj

98d01b11b308ee15b0dccc1dcc6d77.png

I watch the suicide video of this guy (he was in 4chan, nickname Shuaiby). He didn't even aim at the mouth, he just point to his head and BAM, it literally blow his head to pieces, I guess that how powerful this gun is. And it big, it literally blow his brain to pieces, like you can see blood and meat hit the ceiling.

Money is not the problem, if a bigger gun needed, I can buy. The thing is I want to make sure I will end up dead, not in coma.

I was worry about flinch you know. But would flinch make a difference with this shotgun? Let me ask you, if I did flinch, would that result in me not dead? That is what I'm scare of you know.

Last edited:
B

Blobby

Mar 25, 2019
I have a 38 snub nose revolver here at home and am afraid to use it because of the hard core recoil that occurs. I am going to buy a 357 magnum because it's the only gun you can get with a 6" barrel, so I plan on pulling the trigger while I hold the barrel of the gun with my other hand. Virtually all 357's can be load with 38+p ammo, a smaller round , but still effective. And I'm not using hollow point bullets. I'm going to use bullets called wad cutters because they travel at a slower velocity and as the name implies, chew up anything in their path. I have heard, though I'm not sure if it's true, that hollow point bullets may pass through your skull without expanding.

Interesting many of the worries you have I share too. And yes 9mm seems to penetrate better I have even a video where it goes through and through a man´s head if you are interested in seeing that and I have a police report about a mass shooter who also used a 9mm and in the report it stated it went through and through too but mostly it doesn´t but that doesn´t matter, asumming people were trying to "save you" it would only be possible if the bullet graces the brain as soon as the bullet makes it into the middle there is nothing doctors can do

And even if it doesn´t e.g. like I want to do it at night so even if in a somewhat secluded area so even if I don´t die instantly you will bleed out in a couple of minutes but don´t worry because you will go unconcious the moment you pull the trigger remember the survivors like in shootings are not shot point blank in the head they are shot from a distance often hit at an angle while you will be pressing the gun to the right side of the head in a direct line to the brain, and I´m glad you said not to shoot yourself in the temple because it has the lest chance of success and you might blow your eyes out I will shoot myself 1-2cm above and in front my right ear at the softer part of the skull, if you go back just above your right ear you can feel the skull is a bit harder not that I think it would matter too much.

I too share the concern if the 9mm will do despite having many videos and pictures where people kill themselves using a 9mm to the right side of the head so it will work we just have to think rationally about it, I am sure you wouldn´t be all your belongings and money on me surviving such a point blank shot to the head right?

I had also considered buying a 357. magnum revolver but I also don´t like the idea of blowing my head off which I also have some pictures of a young woman who shot herself in the right side of the head and it looked a bit like a shotgun suicide but of course it´s not gaurenteed like Budd Dwyer shot himself in the roof of his mouth with a 357. and it didn´t appear to blow his head apart.

Feel free to aks any other questions since I have researched this to death, also in the article below they explains how fast your death will be from a gunshot; it takes the brain 150-200 milliseconds to process anything and you will go unconcious the second you pull the trigger and since our brains have so slow proccessing power you actually won´t even hear the 'bang' from the gunshot try and really think about that just press the trigger and then you are gone even if you technically die 1-2 minutes later from blood loss if you miss the brain stem it wouldn´t matter because you´re unconcious the moment you pulled the trigger so it would feel like an instant death anyways. Anyways I hope you soldiered through this long post I also tend to write too much and if you did make it through it all I hope it made you ease your mind about this perfect method.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I have a 38 snub nose revolver here at home and am afraid to use it because of the hard core recoil that occurs. I am going to buy a 357 magnum because it's the only gun you can get with a 6" barrel, so I plan on pulling the trigger while I hold the barrel of the gun with my other hand. Virtually all 357's can be load with 38+p ammo, a smaller round , but still effective. And I'm not using hollow point bullets. I'm going to use bullets called wad cutters because they travel at a slower velocity and as the name implies, chew up anything in their path. I have heard, though I'm not sure if it's true, that hollow point bullets may pass through your skull without expanding.
Snub nose is only slighly smaller than a 9mm I am drunk so I can´t remember the exact measurements but it´s VERY little difference and I have seen plenty of suicides using those on the internet.

Also if you google Elliot Rodger´s Police report you will see he used a 9mm HP bullet to kill himself and it went through and through either way a 38. special will work 100% especially if doing it at night in a secluded area even if you just bleed out you will be unconcious the moment you pull the trigger so it will feel like instant death.

shipwreck

shipwreck

Student
May 7, 2020

Snub nose is only slighly smaller than a 9mm I am drunk so I can´t remember the exact measurements but it´s VERY little difference and I have seen plenty of suicides using those on the internet.

Also if you google Elliot Rodger´s Police report you will see he used a 9mm HP bullet to kill himself and it went through and through either way a 38. special will work 100% especially if doing it at night in a secluded area even if you just bleed out you will be unconcious the moment you pull the trigger so it will feel like instant death.

0.38 inches = 9.65 mm

But from my limited understanding of firearms, the charge is very important. 0.357 < 0.38 but the 357 Magnum is a much more powerful round, with more powerful recoil.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
0.38 inches = 9.65 mm

But from my limited understanding of firearms, the charge is very important. 0.357 < 0.38 but the 357 Magnum is a much more powerful round, with more powerful recoil.
The 357. Magnum is a much powerful round and 9mm is 0.345 inches so slightly smaller.

T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
thank you thegoodguy sir for help answer me in my other thread. thank you sir

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Your understanding or ballistics is not correct. A hollow point should be used in every case possible. The benefits of a wadcutter over FMJ is minimal. The base mechanism of all bullets is a crush injury, unlike say an ice pick or a knife. You should endeavor to use 357 over a 38 in every case.
There are multiple pathways to hit what you are looking to hit. If that were a pistol, the ideal positioning would have been lower, say between the eyes or even a bit further down.

shotguns and rifles have enough energy to cause decerebration (ejecting the brain). You definitely would not want to position the barrel any higher. For shotgun, optimal ammo is as follows: #4 buck followed by #1 buck followed by 00 followed by slugs with no birdshot or smaller. Without going to far into wounding ballistics this is due to penetration depth and apparent surface area of all projectiles.

Last edited:
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Shooting myself is my method, too. I'm also afraid.
Fortunately it's not on my mind as much now as it was a month ago.

T

Tamazi 123

Student
Jan 13, 2020
Aaaagh I'm so jealous, I'd be long gone if I had access to a gun! I grew up around them, you have to be pretty unfortunate/uninformed to mess it up. It's just those stories make headlines.