sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
tomorrow my parents are leaving the house at 3 pm, they're home 24/7 because of covid. i hope i get the courage to do it while they're gone

edit: but it sucks because i really wanted to get a living will before attempting. my worst fear is becoming a vegetable and that would at least comfort me a little bit. :( idk. i need to leave soon no matter what

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Bauhaus, _Minsk, Meditation guide and 4 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I don't know what your method is but please plan carefully. You don't want to be found too soon. :hug:

Reactions: sadgirl9999
sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
I don't know what your method is but please plan carefully. You don't want to be found too soon. :hug:

thank you, definitely true :hug: i've decided on hanging. and they'll be gone for at least an hour so it should be fine... but maybe i should just wait and book a hotel room for a night instead;-;

Reactions: Meditation guide and not-2-b-the-answer
RealHumanBean

RealHumanBean

Student
Aug 8, 2020
Same here! The house is empty and I've managed to drive people away by being insufferable, so I don't think anyone will be aware that I'm going/gone for at least 24hrs. I might send off a few texts in the morning to people who might check on me, but I didn't get any check-ins today so I think I am in the clear. How are you planning to go/what time?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and sadgirl9999
sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
Same here! The house is empty and I've managed to drive people away by being insufferable, so I don't think anyone will be aware that I'm going/gone for at least 24hrs. I might send off a few texts in the morning to people who might check on me, but I didn't get any check-ins today so I think I am in the clear. How are you planning to go/what time?

what's your method? it's so scary to know there's a chance somebody could walk in :( even though i know it's unlikely, but i have pretty bad luck haha. have you thought about doing it in a hotel? i've been debating that recently, i'm doing partial

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
thank you, definitely true :hug: i've decided on hanging. and they'll be gone for at least an hour so it should be fine... but maybe i should just wait and book a hotel room for a night instead;-;

I haven't really looked into hanging lately so I don't know how long it takes. I don't know if a hotel would be better but it would allow for more time. Also wherever you do it just make sure to test that it can hold your weight.

Reactions: sadgirl9999
RealHumanBean

RealHumanBean

Student
Aug 8, 2020
what's your method? it's so scary to know there's a chance somebody could walk in :( even though i know it's unlikely, but i have pretty bad luck haha. have you thought about doing it in a hotel? i've been debating that recently, i'm doing partial
I have all the preparations ready for SN, except I need to stop by the store tomorrow to get the OTC antacids. I've thought about a hotel but I've read that some SN attempts have failed because other people in the hotel heard vomiting/noise and called it in.

I'm just fighting against survival instinct causing me to miss my chance now, which sounds silly when you think about it :tongue:

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
From what I understand, a living will would not apply, nor would an advance directive. A living will is going to apply to extreme measures such as life support, while an advance directive applies to specific medical conditions and interventions and must be signed by a doctor. Neither would stop life-saving attempts for suicide or even an accident. If someone had cancer but was in an accident, not saving their life would only apply to cancer being the cause for a need for treatment.

Reactions: sadgirl9999 and not-2-b-the-answer
sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
I have all the preparations ready for SN, except I need to stop by the store tomorrow to get the OTC antacids. I've thought about a hotel but I've read that some SN attempts have failed because other people in the hotel heard vomiting/noise and called it in.

I'm just fighting against survival instinct causing me to miss my chance now, which sounds silly when you think about it :tongue:

i completely understand that! i really wish i could do it organically, there's times where my SI is basically gone because i'm in such despair, but of course with my parents in the other room i can't do anything about it. having a set date theoretically sounds nice but i'm not sure i'll be able to go through with it in the moment.
From what I understand, a living will would not apply, nor would an advance directive. A living will is going to apply to extreme measures such as life support, while an advance directive applies to specific medical conditions and interventions and must be signed by a doctor. Neither would stop life-saving attempts for suicide or even an accident. If someone had cancer but was in an accident, not saving their life would only apply to cancer being the cause for a need for treatment.

i'm located in the US and i've been doing some research on it but it gets confusing. i know a DNR would basically be useless but i thought an advance directive would be different. and i don't think an advance directive is for specific medical conditions? but i don't know anymore lol :( . but yeah i'm sure it'll be ignored either way haha

this is what my brief internet search came up with!

"Advance directives are oral and written instructions about future medical care should your parent become unable to make decisions (for example, unconscious or too ill to communicate). Each State regulates the use of advance directives differently. A living will is one type of advance directive. It takes effect when the patient is terminally ill."

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and not-2-b-the-answer
sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
also @GoodPersonEffed i'm not trying to say you're wrong, i don't really know what i'm talking about when it comes to this so hopefully i don't come off in a bad way :)

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
also @GoodPersonEffed i'm not trying to say you're wrong, i don't really know what i'm talking about when it comes to this so hopefully i don't come off in a bad way :)

I already gave your comment a love react! You definitely didn't come off in a bad way.

I prefaced my comment with "From what I understand" so that it wouldn't be taken as fact, and I always prefer to be corrected when I'm in error so that I am not harmed by abiding in it (see quote in the About section of my profile).

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and sadgirl9999