wisp

wisp

Oct 19, 2023
To live as an eternal neet as if there were an invisible hand crushing you, that doesn't allow you to find a work situation or a partner during your entire life, even if you work hard taking courses, going to therapy to understand where the problem is, for years.
True, as long as you have a roof over your head (a house you own, so you don't pay rent), you have two parents who love each other, you have food, you have the internet, you have a PC, you have a smartphone... nothing is missing, except your independence and your emotional and 'spiritual' (I can't think of another term for a relationship) development.

You rely on strongly materialistic things when you make these speeches, totally leaving out the psychological aspect. When you get to a certain age, it becomes burdensome not to be independent, not even to be able to pay for the upkeep of a car and petrol, because you can only find underpaid, undeclared jobs, which obviously do not guarantee you any (even a short) future.

What is the point of continuing to live like this? As a neet, every day is the same. You only leave home if you have a gym membership, because you don't even have a penny to go out with your friends. You have no job and the wages you get are embarrassing even for refugees.

For years I've been going on telling myself 'whatever, it's a phase, tomorrow is another day', when the next day is exactly the same as the one before. I'm going crazy, I wish I could at least be useful in the family but I'm just a burden.

I'm tired of living like this, but tomorrow is another day

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep, Abandoned Character and 6 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Makes me think of that song by NIN, "Every Day Is Exactly the Same"

Been having similar thoughts lately. I hope things get better for you even though I expect that they won't.

Reactions: Kit1
vuberpoot1

vuberpoot1

Nov 7, 2023
For years I've been going on telling myself 'whatever, it's a phase, tomorrow is another day', when the next day is exactly the same as the one before. I'm going crazy, I wish I could at least be useful in the family but I'm just a burden.

I'm tired of living like this, but tomorrow is another day
I feel the exact same way. I've spent a lot of years now just trying to go through the motions, following that "tomorrow is another day" mindset and just trying to keep moving forward. For myself, I tried to stay ambitious and goal-oriented. Just work until the goal is accomplished. It's just that now, all I do is fail, and at this point I feel like I've lost everything that was important to me. Can't get this job, can't pass this test, can't keep this relationship.

But it's like you said, I have all the material *things* that are supposed to indicate a good, easy life, so I should be content and happy that I don't have it worse. I just don't have anything else anymore. Every day is a slog, same as the last, with nothing of any meaning going on. Then when I try to fix things, I just make them worse. I don't feel like I can make any use of myself anymore, so here I am. Tired of everything, but of course, tomorrow is another day.

It's an endless, excruciating cycle.

T

the_dude

It's over
Nov 11, 2023
That's the worst part of going to bed. I love sleeping it's my favorite part of the day but then you wake up and then it all starts again. When I wake up it is a pit in my stomach and the sadness that I feel is deep. Fuck waking up I want to sleep forever.

Vesiira

Vesiira

Dreaming Of Being Buried
Nov 7, 2023
I hate the constant routine. Going to sleep just to wake up again. Usually when I wake up I do anything just to distract myself from the fact that I exist. I have to do anything that helps the pain. I don't want to do that. I always go to sleep hoping I wake up and that moment right before my eyes open is one that always makes my stomach sink. The realization that I'm still here, having to get through another day.

Reactions: the_dude
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I'm in the same boat and an hikikomori too.
I'd say it's always burdensome not to be independent no matter the age, because if you aren't independent you will have to rely on some other people and those people will decide what's what for you. You are limited on what you can and can not do. In a way, you could say that you even lose your freedom.
I see it more like an invisible cage all around me than a hand, but the feeling is the same.
It's funny tho that, despite all, I can still see some positives in living like this. Or maybe it is that, with time, I just convinced myself to do so.