• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

lookingtoendit

lookingtoendit

Oct 4, 2020
All you need is one or two really good friends.
Do you think they'll try to stop you?
They obvs said don't do that etc the usual . But they have no way of actually stopping me.
Was the one that took it seriously supportive?
Yes , quite supportive , checked in on me every so often, but stopped now. I guess they can't constantly check.
Well, at least they are still your friends. Usually they just leave you after hearing that...

It takes a lot of courage to tell it to anyone. :heart:
I feel like I probably shouldn't have told anyone..

Last edited:
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
They obvs said don't do that etc the usual . But they have no way of actually stopping me.

Yes , quite supportive , checked in on me every so often, but stopped now. I guess they can't constantly check.
If you want help or support it would good to be direct about what you want or need. If you just want them to know that's cool too. We all need to be heard, and it's fortunate they didn't call the police. One heads up is people can only handle that topic so much before it overwhelms them.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I agree with @sadworld that it is a brave thing to do. However, keep in mind that all it takes is one person to intervene and potentially ruin your plans if you ever decide to follow through with it. Anyways, I hope you are able to find peace in whatever decision you make and be informed of all the potential ramifications of each choice.

J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
I agree with @RoseyBird. It definitely overwhelms people. And I think sometimes they get caught between wanting to be supportive and respect your wishes, but also having the thought that they should try to help/stop/prevent you from carrying through.

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

ā˜¾
Nov 17, 2020
Mhmm. It can be mentally taxing to tell friends, which could be why they eventually stopped checking in. It doesn't necessarily mean they don't care, simply that it could be too much to take in for some time.

That aside, it's nice that you have people you feel comfortable enough to share that with. It's a big step,
& is really brave.

Reactions: Ghost2211
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

šŸš«Safety is a figment of the imaginationšŸš«
Jul 1, 2020
If you want help or support it would good to be direct about what you want or need.
im asking for myself but im sure others could use this advice as well, if you know the answer anyway. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: (i dont want to assume you do in case you feel bad for not knowing, so if you arent sure its ok)

how can you do that without being.....needy? ive tried that but it feels like i control their every move

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and mirko
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
im asking for myself but im sure others could use this advice as well, if you know the answer anyway. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: (i dont want to assume you do in case you feel bad for not knowing, so if you arent sure its ok)

how can you do that without being.....needy? ive tried that but it feels like i control their every move
"I feel lonely lately. I would feel happier if we could talk more." "I value your perspective, and would like to hear your thoughts about this situation." "Thank you for listening to me. It really helped me to be heard. I'm always here for you too"

Granted, nobody irl cares about me at all, so there is nobody to reach out to, but if they care things like the above should get through.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens