enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
as promised in a prior thread, i am leaving ss today, march 1st, 2020. a few hours after this is posted, i will be indefinitely logging off so that i can continue to pursue mental help and focus on school. i have a therapist and will be meeting my psychiatrist within the next month. i am also getting a brain scan to see its activity and pinpoint what exactly is wrong with me.

i've suffered from anxiety since a very young age and insomnia has ailed me since i was a toddler. depression entered my life at 12 and bpd-like symptoms came later on at 16. i've also had issues with bdd since 17, though symptoms first started when 12 or 13. i've lost many friends due to my mental illness, was bullied throughout high school because i was unable to manage them, and my long-term girlfriend dumped me because my bpd turned me into a monster. i became emotionally abusive in the latter part of our relationship and she left for good reason. then, most recently, i was academically dismissed from my dream school because my mental illness rendered me unable to even get out of bed most days. by the end of the semester, i'd become nocturnal and rarely ate or left my room. it was terrifying.

i'm young. i don't want my life to be like this forever. even when i was at my worst, i didn't really want to die. i've been to therapy in the past, but it wasn't good. it barely helped. i've finally found a good gig and i'm confident i'll recover. i know mental illness can't be cured, but i want to learn how to manage. i'm getting on ssris for the first time ever and my therapist is really cool. i'm working hard to get back to my dream school for the fall 2020 semester. i know i can do this if i really put my mind to it. i want to do this. i want to survive. i want to someday be able to tell people my story and inspire them. i want to prove everyone wrong.

ss was instrumental in helping me. this place is so beautiful. the negative light the media puts this site in is heinous and cruel. their hypocrisy is stunning; they vouch for pro-choice in relation to abortion, but don't have that same energy when it comes to mentally ill people wanting to die on their own terms. as a former journalism major, i know all too well that the media is evil and selective. they'll split goddamn atoms to make a story fit their narrative. the right to live is the right to die. none of us ever asked to exist, but now that we do, our body should be our choice. i will always fight for mentally ill's right to choose, even when i feel better. why? because i know what it's like to be on the verge of ending things. i know what it's like to have friends calling the police on you because they want to be the hero. i've seen too many scenarios where the dead have been made out to be the villain for choosing their fate.

this website deserves to keep its place on the internet. the sense of belonging and community i felt throughout these two months was amazing. just about everyone here is fair, friendly, and kind. everyone has a different story, but we all have something in common: we're sad as shit and we're here because next to no one in real life cares. we make good out of it by coming together, though. we're all here for each other no matter what choice we end up making.

well, my choice is to live. i thought i would end up ctb, but it turns out that a lot more people in real life care than i originally thought. my friends have apparently been talking about my suicidal behavior and they're all very worried about me. i found out because my best friend told me. later that night, i started crying because i felt so awful. i actually lost one of my friends because she didn't want to feel responsible if i ended up doing something. i've since spoken with her and we've somewhat patched things up, but the fact that they were all sitting around and fretting about me dying in the first place makes me feel terrible. i know it sounds like they were playing the blame game, but i think they were just at a loss and trying to make a plan to try and keep me here. i'm also somewhat at fault because i'd constantly threaten suicide to my best friend and tell her i'd never talk to her again if she called the cops.

my mom and dad are also scared. they helped me get help and also were the ones to get the brain scan in order. i'm convinced they'll do whatever it takes to get me better. hell, they even want to help me with my bdd. i never thought i'd see the day where my parents would be asking me if i wanted to go to the dermatologist or get invisalign.

well, that brings me to today. if i improve significantly, i'll come back and give you guys an update. i'll also tell you all what worked for me so you can give it a shot, too. i don't want to just leave and never return. i don't want anyone on this site to feel like i used them for my own personal gain. i want to return in the future and prove that recovery is possible, no matter how old you are or how bad your circumstances may be. impulsivity can sometimes be our worst enemy. just because you got fired from your job doesn't mean you should ctb tonight. there's always an alternative option. i know it's hard and i know you're tired, but there's always a way out. i promise. if you give me time, i'll show you. i'll show all of you.

i'd like to thank a few people before i wrap this up. thank you to the staff for keeping this website alive and kicking (particularly hasssssuùuu for being so supportive and nice), thank you to jean for being a witty listening ear, thank you to people like carina and brick in the wall for being such friendly faces in the "everything but the kitchen sink" thread, thank you to a_strange_day for being so nice over pm when i first joined the site, thank you to iloveyouall for spreading positivity while keeping things pro-choice, and thank you to everyone else i've ever interacted with and related to on this site. if i didn't mention you by name and we've spoken before or i've merely liked one of your posts, i'm just as thankful for you; i promise. i'm also thankful for all the people who showed such sweet support when i first announced that i'd be leaving. basically, i'm thanking everyone. thank you, thank you, and thank you!

okay, time to go. i'll stay for a few more hours so that i can talk to anyone who replies to this. i also want to say my goodbyes over at the "everything but the kitchen sink thread", so keep an eye out for that. hmm, what time is it? 2pm? okay, i'll log off at 10pm. solid.

it's tough leaving. i only dread coming back someday because i'm afraid to see that more people have ctb. i know that sounds selfish, but it sucks watching all the friendly faces pass on. i'll miss those people, no matter who they may end up being.

i love you, ss. thank you for existing. thank you all for existing. i'll see you all again soon, whenever and wherever that may be. peace and hugs to everyone.

enjoy.​

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Otter, Brackenshire, Broken Chimera and 20 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
i've finally found a good gig and i'm confident i'll recover.

well, my choice is to live. i thought i would end up ctb, but it turns out that a lot more people in real life care than i originally thought.

well, that brings me to today. if i improve significantly, i'll come back and give you guys an update. i'll also tell you all what worked for me so you can give it a shot, too. i don't want to just leave and never return. i don't want anyone on this site to feel like i used them for my own personal gain. i want to return in the future and prove that recovery is possible, no matter how old you are or how bad your circumstances may be. impulsivity can sometimes be our worst enemy. just because you got fired from your job doesn't mean you should ctb tonight. there's always an alternative option. i know it's hard and i know you're tired, but there's always a way out. i promise. if you give me time, i'll show you. i'll show all of you.

I've been aware of your intended date to leave and wondered if today would indeed be the day. I am happy that you have good irl support and hope. I wish everything for you that you wish for yourself.

I gently hand back to you perceptions of others' impulsivity and that there is always a hopeful way out of every situation. It is a loving but limited view. Instead, I warmly and compassionately suggest you focus on your wonderful and worthy self, and proving to yourself that, for you, all you wish for is possible, and live that to its fullest. I am happy to see you move forward, and I hope you find all you seek and more. I hope you are truly and lovingly blessed and find great fulfillment and reward in life and recovery.

:heart:

T

TheLastGoodbye

Student
Oct 23, 2019
Hope everything works out for you!

• Love
Reactions: enjoy
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
The first step is half the journey.
It sounds like you've been to hell brother. I sincerely hope you are on your way back and that light shines on every day.
Peace and respect brother.
DBD

• Love
Proto

Proto

Student
Jan 21, 2020
I hope you the best, good luck.:hug:

• Love
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
I wish you to recover as much as possible. It's good that you have a support net and motivation to fight.
Good luck in your journey! Let the light overcome darkness!

• Love
Iloveyouall

Iloveyouall

Mage
Feb 12, 2020

Happy like that for you right now.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Otter, Whitewash11235814, enjoy and 1 other person
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Good luck, I hope its smooth and peaceful for you. Sending love ❤️

• Love
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Congrats and good luck.

• Love
L

Lost4toolong

Feb 29, 2020
Best of luck to you. Anyone who wants another chance at life deserves it. Congratulations on making that decision for yourself

• Love
D

depressoandstresso

Feb 23, 2020
Beautiful way of describing SS, I sincerely hope that your recovery goes well and that you end up where you want to be.
Looking forward to your update post, good luck :)

• Love
enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
thanks for the love, y'all. i'll be logging off soon. i love each and every one of ya!

Reactions: depressoandstresso and your pathologist
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
Thanks for taking care of yourself. You left with the greatest gift. The message of hope. I'm picturing you will enjoy life to the fullest.

• Love
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Sending you love. Please don't permanently ban. Keep us up to date in the recovery section. I have faith in you. :heart:

Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Ik I'm late but I'm happy for you. Best wishes. I hope you get the life you want.