AngelicGirl

AngelicGirl

Jun 15, 2023
I get day sometimes where i feel shitty for no reason. Today was one of those days. As soon as I woke up i felt this wave of sadness and loneliness wash over me.... lonelinesses really is one of the worst feelings in the world. I hate it. try to distract myself from it, by doing my hobbies or listening to other people like me vent. Hearing others who go through the same thing as me is a little comforting. But today not even that worked. So i just laid in bed for a while.. The only people i have are my mom. talking about my lonelinesses to my friends is hard so i dont talk to them about it. I dont have anyone else in real life who i can vent to aside from my mom and today that wasnt working. venting to my mom wasnt working so. What am i supposed to do on days like this? Idk. I usually just wait it out. Or try to distract myself

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: jar-baby, idk3, krnaaTh and 3 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Do your friends not make you feel less lonely even they can't or are unwilling to hold space for you?

AngelicGirl

AngelicGirl

Jun 15, 2023
Do your friends not make you feel less lonely even they can't or are unwilling to hold space for you?
It depends on how bad im feeling tbat day . Sometimes it helps, other times not so much... and i guess that has alot to do with the fact that i have trouble opening up to people. I can talk to my friends about our interests and our favorite hobbies and what we did that day, but say if something bad happened that day or something made me upset, im too scared of rejection to be able to tell them,, basically the only person i feel comfortable confiding in when im having a shitty day like this is my mom. Sometimes i do end up turning to sites like these just to vent though.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: thirdtimesthecharmg
T

thirdtimesthecharmg

Failed twice
Jun 16, 2024
It depends on how bad im feeling tbat day . Sometimes it helps, other times not so much... and i guess that has alot to do with the fact that i have trouble opening up to people. I can talk to my friends about our interests and our favorite hobbies and what we did that day, but say if something bad happened that day or something made me upset, im too scared of rejection to be able to tell them,, basically the only person i feel comfortable confiding in when im having a shitty day like this is my mom. Sometimes i do end up turning to sites like these just to vent though.
That makes sense. But they can't comfort you if they don't know.

Even well-meaning friends who care may have a hard time responding well, so don't expect too much, but if you reach out I think you'll find most people at least try to be comforting.

Try small steps, like just saying you aren't doing well if someone asks how you are. They may just give a polite reassurance, in which case don't be too dismayed, as they likely wish they could be more helpful but have their own issues, but they might invite you to open up and share more if you like.

Are you talking to a counselor or anything? That can help a lot when you want to talk but you're concerned about overloading your friends and family.

jbear824

jbear824

trapped & scared
Jul 4, 2023
Weird, I also woke up today practically in hysteria. My mind convinced me that I would never see my partner again after he left for work today. The whole day has been anxiety, pain and feeling like he had died. Tried hanging out with my friends, only to feel useless because I had no energy.