• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Pancake

Pancake

Feb 17, 2023
Today during bible study my mom (who usually leads bible study) told us if you believe in god you will have everlasting life as your soul will live on forever in heaven. She said enthusiastically that she'd see us all in heaven.

I'm sorry mom, but I don't think I'm going to heaven. I'm so sorry mom.

dwindlingfirst

dwindlingfirst

Too worthless to live, too scared to die
Apr 24, 2023
Today during bible study my mom (who usually leads bible study) told us if you believe in god you will have everlasting life as your soul will live on forever in heaven. She said enthusiastically that she'd see us all in heaven.

Today at church, the gospel basically straight up said if you do not believe in God you cannot inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. I just feel completely doomed and I want to go to Heaven if there is one, or to serve God if He exists, but I just don't know anymore. I feel like I'm just on track to hell and I can't be helped.

KuroiSH

KuroiSH

bus tickets are expensive
Mar 29, 2023

Why don't you think you'll go to heaven, if you don't mind me asking? If God is so forgiving and understanding, then he would probably be able to excuse the sin of suicide, as long as you have faith and believe in Him, right? Sorry if this comes off as rude, I'm not really much into religions, I've only heard snippets of each religion's beliefs.

dwindlingfirst

dwindlingfirst

Apr 24, 2023
Why don't you think you'll go to heaven, if you don't mind me asking? If God is so forgiving and understanding, then he would probably be able to excuse the sin of suicide, as long as you have faith and believe in Him, right? Sorry if this comes off as rude, I'm not really much into religions, I've only heard snippets of each religion's beliefs.
Well, the thing is if you believe in Him and commit suicide, you are acknowledging it's a sin and against Him, deliberately throwing away the gift of Life. thats Pretty much just spitting in His face at that point, but I would hope so very much he'd forgive me. When I die, if I am met with God instead of nonexistence, I'd beg Him for mercy because He does not deserve such disrespect from his creation.

G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
God and bible are man made and I don't believe in any of that shit, sorry…. And oh if committing suicide is a sin then everyone is going to hell because I know everyone has committed a sin one way or another be it a lie, stealing etc ….however having said that I don't believe in that issshhhh

KuroiSH

KuroiSH

Mar 29, 2023
Well, the thing is if you believe in Him and commit suicide, you are acknowledging it's a sin and against Him, deliberately throwing away the gift of Life. thats Pretty much just spitting in His face at that point, but I would hope so very much he'd forgive me. When I die, if I am met with God instead of nonexistence, I'd beg Him for mercy because He does not deserve such disrespect from his creation.
Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I recently looked up some christian beliefs, called "the ten commandments" to kind of get a better understanding of the ideas and mindset of a christian person. One of the ten commandments was "do not murder", which I guess technically also applies to yourself, because by committing suicide, you're effectively murdering yourself.

Also, I read about God giving you the gift of life and Him being the only one meant to take it, when He considers the time to be right. It would make taking your life the ultimate disrespect, because it challenges God's divine judgement. I understand now why many people feel it to be dirty or unholy to want to take their own life.

G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I recently looked up some christian beliefs, called "the ten commandments" to kind of get a better understanding of the ideas and mindset of a christian person. One of the ten commandments was "do not murder", which I guess technically also applies to yourself, because by committing suicide, you're effectively murdering yourself.

Also, I read about God giving you the gift of life and Him being the only one meant to take it, when He considers the time to be right. It would make taking your life the ultimate disrespect, because it challenges God's divine judgement. I understand now why many people feel it to be dirty or unholy to want to take their own life.
I don't think it's necessary to be posting things like that here, this is a suicide forum and the last thing someone who wants To cease to exist is to read about the "Ten Commandments". Maybe you can post that in the recovery section.

Last edited:
dwindlingfirst

dwindlingfirst

Apr 24, 2023

I just hope either I don't exist after death or God is as merciful as Christianity says He is.

KuroiSH

KuroiSH

Mar 29, 2023
I don't think it's necessary to be posting things like that here, this is a suicide forum and the last thing someone who wants To cease to exist is to read about the "Ten Commandments". Maybe you can post that in the recovery section.
I'm just saying I did some research to understand dwindling and pancake's thinking. But you're right, this probably isn't the place to discuss religion based topics.
Religion is made up. Used to control the masses through fear, hope and emotions. Total BS
I don't believe in religion, but I find it interesting to see why other people believe in them. It's sort of like a moral compass for some people, and a set of rules they live by, even if to us they make little sense.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I just hope either I don't exist after death or God is as merciful as Christianity says He is.
You can take hope from the fact that suicide is nowhere condemned in the Bible, which it presumably would be if it were against God's will. In fact, the Beatitudes, the core and essence of Jesus' teaching, is totally opposed in spirit to the ugly judgmentality of those pseudo-Christians who condemn suicide. Don't know where they got their hatred of suicide, but it certainly wasn't from the Bible.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Living forever is the worst possible punishment I can think of... even in heaven. I'll still be me presumably? Or otherwise- what's the point? But yeah- what would anyone do with 'forever'? Where does choice come into it? What if I don't want to live forever?!! That's presuming I'm given the invitation beyond the pearly gates- which I doubt.

Why would I want anything to do with an afterlife if the same creator responsible for this world runs it?!! Again- I'm unlikely to qualify whether I CTB or not but still- I hope there's the option to turn the offer down.

I guess I've come to the conclusion that- if there is a God, they're a sadistic narcissist. HOW can you justify all the suffering that has been DESIGNED to be an intrinsic part of this world? Inflicting both the guilty and the innocent the same. God gave us choice so- if we make the wrong choice, he/she/it can punish us forever- sounds charming.

Honestly, religion really triggers me. I've known the most caring, altruistic, beautiful souls who were aetheists. I simply won't accept it that they will be cast into a pit of fire because they weren't part of the Jesus 'club'. On the other hand- there are those disgusting peadophile priests who have been protected by the Church. If they're now in heaven- something is REALLY amiss.

I'm sorry. The last thing I want to do is upset you. I know religion can be a real source of strength for people. It CAN do a lot of good. But it's interesting what you say about your Mum. My parents do go to church and from what they've described- some of the people there are horrible! Kind of weirdly- I've generally found aetheists to be more 'christian' (in terms of attributes) than Christians! Kind of funny when you think about it...

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
To me religion is something completely fictional and is just a way to brainwash people, it's just humans unable to accept that existence is completely meaningless and that there's no deeper purpose behind any of this, the existence of life is just an unnecessary tragedy in the first place. I very strongly just believe that we cease existing after this with everything finally forgotten about.

Nights

Nights

Student
Apr 27, 2023
Don't let religion hurt you or control you, those are all just claims without evidence, i recommend you to research your religion so well as i'm sure there's a lot of nonsense and myths, you deserve the right to exist this world and end your suffering even if religion says otherwise, and no you don't deserve being in something like hell just because you couldn't bear living in such cruel situation, you're not obligated to love an imaginary cruel psychopath entity that creates people so they suffer in hell, and drowns children because they didn't believe in him and didn't love his ego
I rather fear the pedophile priests, the pastors that fill their pockets with prosperity preaching, the imams that preach of Jihad... rather than 'HIM'.
I'm an ex-muslim tho, i know a verse in the quran where it says "fear me and don't fear them" haha, i can relate to this so much

J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
Bible Studies? Is that what they are calling brainwashing these days? Filling people's heads up with stories of fantasy and delusions.

G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
You can't prove something when it does not exist, well I guess religion itself does exist but only because it is the product of brainwashing people into believing that something that does not exist really does exist.
Bingo

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020

I don't think you are going to heaven either. But neither is your mum. Heaven doesn't exist.

• Yay!
Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Mehh.... Let people believe what They Want to believe in please , if you wish to spread ultimate disrespect and hatred .... Could you do it somewhere else?

I believe in God...... sure, but do I say that others are wrong for not doing so ? I don't have the place for it, because None of us Know 110% for a fact what is true..... Until we are dead.

J

just_wanna_die

Jun 2, 2021
You can take hope from the fact that suicide is nowhere condemned in the Bible, which it presumably would be if it were against God's will. In fact, the Beatitudes, the core and essence of Jesus' teaching, is totally opposed in spirit to the ugly judgmentality of those pseudo-Christians who condemn suicide. Don't know where they got their hatred of suicide, but it certainly wasn't from the Bible.
You are correct! The Christian Bible nowhere teaches that heaven is the reward of the saved or that an ever-burning hell is the destiny of the condemned.

Is suicide a sin? Many people assume the Bible condemns taking one's own life. However, even a careful reader will search in vain for any explicit prohibition of self-killing in the Bible. In fact, the biblical attitude toward suicide ranges from ambivalence to praise.

There are seven unambiguous examples of suicide in the Bible: Abimelech, mortally wounded by a millstone, ordered his armor-bearer to dispatch him to avoid the suggestion he had been slain by the woman who had thrown the stone (Judg 9:52-54); the prophet Ahithophel hanged himself after betraying David (2Sam 17:23); Zimri burned down his house around himself after military defeat (1Kgs 16:18); and the more familiar stories of Saul and his armor-bearer (1Sam 1:1-6; 1Chr 10:1-6), Samson, (Judg 16:28), and, of course, Jesus' disciple Judas—although it is only in Matthew's Gospel where he kills himself (Matt 27:3-5; compare with Acts 1:18). There is nothing in any of these stories to suggest that the biblical narrators disapprove of the characters' suicides.

Suicide in the ancient world did not carry the same negative connotations as it does today. For Greco-Roman philosophers, suicide in correct circumstances constituted a "noble death." Socrates (469-399 B.C.E.) chose to drink hemlock rather than endure exile, a choice enthusiastically endorsed by most of the philosophical schools at the time. If carried out for country or friends, or in the face of intolerable pain, incurable disease, devastating misfortune or shame, or to avoid capture on the battlefield, suicide constituted a noble death. Each of the instances of suicide found in the Bible fits comfortably with noble-death ideals. Saul's death, for example, finds a strikingly close parallel with that of the Greek general Publius, who, when similarly wounded on the battlefield ordered his armor-bearer to kill him (Plutarch, Crassus 25.11).

Two of the incidents of self-killing in the Bible exhibit a positive attitude toward suicide. Arguably, the author of the Gospel of Matthew intends the reader to interpret the disciple Judas's hanging as an act of remorse. Judas repents and returns the blood money that he received for turning Jesus over to the authorities who executed him (Matt 27:3). Judas acknowledges that he has "sinned in betraying innocent blood" (Matt 27:4). His suicide may be interpreted as an act of atonement because he himself carries out the penalty laid down in the Hebrew Bible for taking a life: "no expiation can be made for the land, for the blood that is shed in it, except by the blood of him who shed it" (Num 35:33; see also Lev 24:17). There is no hint of condemnation of Judas's self-killing in Matthew. If anything, it is a solution to his guilt rather than something that adds to it.

The Judeo-Christian condemnation of suicide does not, therefore, begin in the Bible. Although the commandment against killing (Exod 20:13) is commonly believed to include killing oneself, there is simply no evidence in either the Hebrew Bible or the New Testament to sustain any moral condemnation of suicide.

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Tbf th/ topc of th/ whle thred = th/ Bible

Hve movd thred 2 off-topc