• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Yes. My entire life was reduced to nothing more than adaptive behaviors to accommodate an illness 20 years ago. But I was suicidal long before I got sick. I can fake only the vaguest passing semblance of "normal" behavior, and not for long. My doctor immediately classified me as "faking" 20 years ago without ever physically testing to see if I am sick, and no doctor since will test me either, I just have a medical reputation now as "crazy lady who begs for medical tests", but no testing of my actual illness has ever been done. So in addition to suffering and managing my illness all on my own with no help, I also have the added joy of being treated like shit by people and doctors calling me a crazy faker while I struggle.
I fucking hate the world so much now. I go on living only for spite.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: woxihuanni, HGL91, Soul and 1 other person
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
When I'm not hypomanic, yes.

Reactions: not_a_robot
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
It has been proposed that major depressive disorder is near-identical with sickness behavior, so raising the possibility that it is a maladaptive manifestation of sickness behavior due to abnormalities in circulating cytokines.[27][28][29] Moreover, chronic, but not acute, treatment with antidepressant drugs was found to attenuate sickness behavior symptoms in rodents.[30] The mood effects caused by interleukin-6 following an immune response have been linked to increased activity within the subgenual anterior cingulate cortex,[31] an area involved in the etiology of depression.[32] Inflammation-associated mood change can also produce a reduction in the functional connectivity of this part of the brain to the amygdala, medial prefrontal cortex, nucleus accumbens, and superior temporal sulcus.[31]

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Yes, but I also have severe depression, so it's pretty much impossible to tell what is actually causing those symptoms. Probably it's a team effort.

Reactions: justanotherday
M

Mbound

Experienced
Apr 29, 2019
I didn't know there was a name for it lol. Yes, constantly, though only people close to me really recognize it. Others probably just think I'm lazy and/or stupid.

RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
i find it interesting that sickness behavior is basically the same as depression

Reactions: HGL91
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
The mental aspects of it seem to resonate with me but not the physical aspects.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
No, but I feel like punching myself in the head everyday because of it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: woxihuanni