rotten

rotten

Student
Apr 14, 2021
Before being resuscitated…What did you see if anything? Did you feel pain, confusion, or were you completely numb? I'm curious because I want to be as mentally prepared as possible for whatever I face in death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unknown21
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
there ain't no coming back from death everyone who's ever died as never come back to tell us what the other side is like

Reactions: LifeQuitter
schrei_nach_liebe

schrei_nach_liebe

Experienced
Jul 6, 2023
My heart stopped for an extended period, went through about 50 minutes worth of a stop and go resuscitation and then a coma lasting around 2 weeks. I remember laying down, taking the cocktail, continuing to text some friends and acquaintances for close to two more hours, and then I faded out. There wasn't any discomfort or anything, I was just ready to go and I didn't feel much out of the ordinary leading up to losing consciousness, it was probably over the course of 5 minutes at the end there where I got rapidly more drowsy and then that was it. There was absolutely no experience at all between losing consciousness and waking up in the ICU. I immediately realized where I was and immediately realized I was intubated when I woke up, and I saw the whiteboard on the wall with the date and knew something went very wrong. It probably took a few hours after I woke up for me to remember what I did, and then I just remember feeling really angry. Anger isn't a normal emotion for me, mostly I just experience constant frustration and hopelessness. I wasn't able to move at all other than my eyelids and eyeballs for quite a while after I opened my eyes. I was never expected to wake up, and I absolutely was not expected to have any meaningful consciousness even if I did open my eyes ever again. After lots of intently making eye contact with people and trying to pass the message that I was actually there one of my parents screamed and got the nurses and MDs in. They were basically like you're just seeing things, but eventually I got the message across and they started the long and difficult process of weaning me off of the ventilator. I barely avoided getting a tracheostomy by a few hours, if I hadn't have woken up when I did they would have had to discontinue the endotracheal tube as they're not supposed to stay in that long for many reasons, mainly infection.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Tony24, broth0100, LifeQuitter and 4 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
People who were resuscitated did not actually reach the "death" state. Dead men tell no tales.......