O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
A bridge worker in Detroit fell off a bridge yesterday into the water, he plunged 152 feet, yet he survived, all his ribs were broken on his right side, and he fractured his cheekbone--But he was rescued and is recovering--So don't think 150 feet off a bridge into water is enough to CTB, its not

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Hotsackage, PA𝖨𝑁 and 11 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds so horrible to me failing the jumping method, failing ctb just terrifies me in general, it's terrifying how suicide attempts can potentially go wrong just leading to way more suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: starrchaoz, Firework, Hotsackage and 4 others
I

illAF

Experienced
Jun 19, 2023
The bridge I'm thinking of is 142 meters high so I guess there's a very low place for failure... But I really don't know if I would be able to jump, as desesperate as I am. Anyone in the same situation ?

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, Nlis2244, cscott and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Anyone with any sense knows you have to jump from higher to die in water..duh. The GGB isn't high enough to die on impact. A lot of people drown

Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

Mage
Sep 19, 2021
This is unusual, there are hotspots that aren't as high as that.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
A bridge worker in Detroit fell off a bridge yesterday into the water, he plunged 152 feet, yet he survived, all his ribs were broken on his right side, and he fractured his cheekbone--But he was rescued and is recovering--So don't think 150 feet off a bridge into water is enough to CTB, its not
I mean, using a bridge is okay if you're gonna fall into water (deep water.) Its just necessary that you have weights tied to yourself and you jump when no one is around, to avoid being saved. (weights so you dont swim back up to the surface or something) instead of the fall killing you, it will be the drowning. You could also die from the fall but the drowning will just be there to make sure that you die. It would be a good idea to drink or take some anxiety pills beforehand so you're not aware of whats happening.

Reactions: YoungJijii, Hotsackage and harlemriver
hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
I mean, death is certainly possible from that height and probably likelier than not.
Definitely, much of it just depends on luck (or lack thereof depending on your view) and how you land, etc. I've heard of cases from half that height that were fatal, and cases from much higher that were not.

I never understood when there are accidents like this and the person has to basically start life over again, learning how to eat, walk, talk, etc. and people say "oh he's so lucky just to be alive!" Personally, I would prefer to die (even if I wasn't suicidal) rather than be a mangled mess and possibly bedridden or wheelchair bound even after months or years of rehab. But that's just me. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Woolf, Spiritual survivor and Walilamdzii
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I mean, using a bridge is okay if you're gonna fall into water (deep water.) Its just necessary that you have weights tied to yourself and you jump when no one is around, to avoid being saved. (weights so you dont swim back up to the surface or something) instead of the fall killing you, it will be the drowning. You could also die from the fall but the drowning will just be there to make sure that you die. It would be a good idea to drink or take some anxiety pills beforehand so you're not aware of whats happening.
Well, yeah, if you're going to use weights and jump in the middle of the night, but you might just still get injured and then you drown like you say, but some jumpers want to die on impact, not drown

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Well, yeah, if you're going to use weights and jump in the middle of the night, but you might just still get injured and then you drown like you say, but some jumpers want to die on impact, not drown
That is true, but the weights are there just to make sure of the fact that you'll die. Of course, they can be omitted and you can swim back to shore and try again but i was just sharing my opinion on jumping. Many people wouldn't agree with my statement but thats fine. It's their opinion that matters at the end of the day, its their suicide.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Definitely, much of it just depends on luck (or lack thereof depending on your view) and how you land, etc. I've heard of cases from half that height that were fatal, and cases from much higher that were not.

I never understood when there are accidents like this and the person has to basically start life over again, learning how to eat, walk, talk, etc. and people say "oh he's so lucky just to be alive!" Personally, I would prefer to die (even if I wasn't suicidal) rather than be a mangled mess and possibly bedridden or wheelchair bound even after months or years of rehab. But that's just me. 🤷‍♂️
Maybe the man in question will wish he had died. I hope not though.

hopeisdead

hopeisdead

Into the void.
Aug 15, 2023
Of course the bridge I've been considering is 153 feet from the water but there are parts where I would land on concrete. I hate how this is so hard!!

Nlis2244

Nlis2244

Alone
May 13, 2022
The bridge I'm thinking of is 142 meters high so I guess there's a very low place for failure... But I really don't know if I would be able to jump, as desesperate as I am. Anyone in the same situation ?
I'm in your same situation. My bridge is similarly high, my main concern is the distance that i'd have to travel if i fail. The thought of not being able to go on with it after travelling so much, and having to go back home is scary. I try to think that it shouldn't be too hard, i just have to let myself fall forward, but who knows what i'll think up there.

Reactions: schizochicken
xxpinkmoonglitterxx

xxpinkmoonglitterxx

My Tears Ricochet
Mar 24, 2023
I know I'll end up going by jumping because that is my only option. I'm not jumping into water though. I plan to swan dive as well as I can onto concrete.

• Aww..
Reactions: dialogos
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
It's possible to survive falling from a plane, look up vesna vuluvic

wannabeneet

wannabeneet

Feb 27, 2023
what about one over a river. the water is cold here cause it's October rn, so drowning and hypothermia seem like good backups that I can't get out of if it fails. also there are rocks I can fall onto instead near it instead, idk how high up it is. like I'd prefer for the rocks kinda cause I still want a body for people to have more closure with(like people not worrying that they can't find me) but I don't want to fail with that permanent disfigurement.

L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
what about one over a river. the water is cold here cause it's October rn, so drowning and hypothermia seem like good backups that I can't get out of if it fails. also there are rocks I can fall onto instead near it instead, idk how high up it is. like I'd prefer for the rocks kinda cause I still want a body for people to have more closure with(like people not worrying that they can't find me) but I don't want to fail with that permanent disfigurement.
Good point (about the body) and not something I really thought of. My current plan is a 600ft jump into water, but sometimes they don't find the bodies of people who jump from that bridge. That's hard on family. Although, a jump onto rocks has got to be pretty disfiguring, as you said.

lostforever77

lostforever77

Dec 13, 2023
Seriously. I would say there was even a chance that this guy's life is okay and he doesn't think about his EOB everyday, I can not relate right now.

L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
Yes-very similar. I want to die, and I have access to a 600ft bridge about 2 hours away…so worried I'll get there though, and be too scared to go through with it! 😩I've been watching people's videos of the bridge from google maps, to try and help- but it looks SO high!

• Hugs
Reactions: schizochicken and illAF
I

illAF

Experienced
Jun 19, 2023
Yes-very similar. I want to die, and I have access to a 600ft bridge about 2 hours away…so worried I'll get there though, and be too scared to go through with it! 😩I've been watching people's videos of the bridge from google maps, to try and help- but it looks SO high!
I feel you so much.
Its been a while since I posted that. But yesterday night and tonight, I'm reconsidering going to that bridge. But I'm so afraid of not being able to do it.
I'm thinking maybe with alcohol, benzodiazepines and by night, it could be easier..

Reactions: Lostindespair3
I

itwillallbeoverr

Dec 15, 2023
At such a height there is always a slight risk of failing but as long as you are set in your landing, taping yourself to get a more assured impact or having weights attached, usually it's likely to be successful. 150 feet is huge especially for someone not versed in diving, knowing how to land properly etc