• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Wehmut

Wehmut

it's not fair...
Apr 13, 2023
So I was laying in bed yesterday and I thought about this while not being able to sleep.

What if we as humans were never meant to become this smart as a species. Maybe we have become to smart and we started thinking about why we exist. Animal suicides are very rare, and its still being discussed by scientists if it actually counts as a suicide. They dont consider suicide because they never question their existence. Same goes for some dumb people with low IQs kind of. Which is actually proven that smarter people have a higher chance of developing depression, anxiety, etc. It seems very cruel to me that smart people are punished with this. What are your thoughts on this?

_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Useless bastard almost making the decision to CTB.
Jul 24, 2023
So I was laying in bed yesterday and I thought about this while not being able to sleep.

What if we as humans were never meant to become this smart as a species. Maybe we have become to smart and we started thinking about why we exist. Animal suicides are very rare, and its still being discussed by scientists if it actually counts as a suicide. They dont consider suicide because they never question their existence. Same goes for some dumb people with low IQs kind of. Which is actually proven that smarter people have a higher chance of developing depression, anxiety, etc. It seems very cruel to me that smart people are punished with this. What are your thoughts on this?
I think that makes sense since the higher IQ you have, the more you overthink and have things to worry about, so smarter people are more depressed.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Intelligence and depression have a positive correlation. If one goes up, the other goes up with it. Humans were never meant to come to this point, nothing should ever come to this point for that matter. All it does to this world is destroy it and with the influx of people being born into this world there is even further destruction.

Wehmut

Wehmut

it's not fair...
Apr 13, 2023
I think that makes sense since the higher IQ you have, the more you overthink and have things to worry about, so smarter people are more depressed.

Intelligence and depression have a positive correlation. If one goes up, the other goes up with it. Humans were never meant to come to this point, nothing should ever come to this point for that matter. All it does to this world is destroy it and with the influx of people being born into this world there is even further destruction.
Exactly what i was thinking. I sometimes wish i was born in some other time. Or never born at all

O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
What if we as humans were never meant to become this smart as a species.
Humans were never meant to come to this point, nothing should ever come to this point for that matter. All it does to this world is destroy it and with the influx of people being born into this world there is even further destruction.
"Meant to" by what measure? Morality? Pragmatism? Whose intentions and values are we questioning the conception of human intelligence by? Our own? Yours?

I'm sorry for being harsh, but frankly I find that notion ridiculous. The only thing in the universe questioning human existence is humanity itself. How can we be so self important that we think our existence is wrong when we were created by the very universe itself? I suppose I just find that hard to understand.

Why is it so wrong that humans are destroying parts of this world? Do volcanic eruptions and earthquakes and such not do the same thing? Are we not a part of the world like they are? Sure, it is in our own interest not to destroy the planet and ecosystems we live in, but if that's the only reason destroying the world is bad then you can't question humanity's existence since the reason destruction is a problem then hinges on humanity's existence itself.

Like what, should we not have come into existence so that earth's ecosystem would be slightly less disturbed? To protect plants, animals, and other life, humanity should not have been conceived? You think the universe gives a fuck about the preservation of species? Yes, humans are the current greatest cause of animals going extinct, but so what? There have been numerous extinction events far worse than humanity several times in the past. Not to mention, in a few billion years the entire planet is gonna get swallowed by the god damn sun anyway! Who would care if a bunch of literally unthinking creatures die out now or in a few billion years, a tiny span of time on a universal scale? Certainly not those unthinking creatures, incapable of making that judgement!

Should humanity not have come into existence just in case a "better" intelligent species could have come along? Why? Are you the kind of person who would pass up a winning lottery ticket because someone else might use it better or need it more? Most likely, they'll be exactly the same as us anyway since the exact same pressures on survival would exist. Heck, for all you know, they could be even worse. Do you really want to roll the dice on that?

So why the hell shouldn't humanity be intelligent? Because it causes us suffering? Then fight against it! Fight against the world to make it so that humanity being smart isn't a cause for suffering! And it's ok if you don't have the strength to do that. I don't have the strength to do that. There's nothing wrong with just giving up. But to then arrogantly declare that humanity was some sort of mistake as if you get to make that judgement? C'mon.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
"Meant to" by what measure? Morality? Pragmatism? Whose intentions and values are we questioning the conception of human intelligence by? Our own? Yours?

I'm sorry for being harsh, but frankly I find that notion ridiculous. The only thing in the universe questioning human existence is humanity itself. How can we be so self important that we think our existence is wrong when we were created by the very universe itself? I suppose I just find that hard to understand.

Why is it so wrong that humans are destroying parts of this world? Do volcanic eruptions and earthquakes and such not do the same thing? Are we not a part of the world like they are? Sure, it is in our own interest not to destroy the planet and ecosystems we live in, but if that's the only reason destroying the world is bad then you can't question humanity's existence since the reason destruction is a problem then hinges on humanity's existence itself.

Like what, should we not have come into existence so that earth's ecosystem would be slightly less disturbed? To protect plants, animals, and other life, humanity should not have been conceived? You think the universe gives a fuck about the preservation of species? Yes, humans are the current greatest cause of animals going extinct, but so what? There have been numerous extinction events far worse than humanity several times in the past. Not to mention, in a few billion years the entire planet is gonna get swallowed by the god damn sun anyway! Who would care if a bunch of literally unthinking creatures die out now or in a few billion years, a tiny span of time on a universal scale? Certainly not those unthinking creatures, incapable of making that judgement!

Should humanity not have come into existence just in case a "better" intelligent species could have come along? Why? Are you the kind of person who would pass up a winning lottery ticket because someone else might use it better or need it more? Most likely, they'll be exactly the same as us anyway since the exact same pressures on survival would exist. Heck, for all you know, they could be even worse. Do you really want to roll the dice on that?

So why the hell shouldn't humanity be intelligent? Because it causes us suffering? Then fight against it! Fight against the world to make it so that humanity being smart isn't a cause for suffering! And it's ok if you don't have the strength to do that. I don't have the strength to do that. There's nothing wrong with just giving up. But to then arrogantly declare that humanity was some sort of mistake as if you get to make that judgement? C'mon.
Sorry for saying something ridiculous earlier, I understand where you're coming from.

O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
Sorry for saying something ridiculous earlier, I understand where you're coming from.
It's totally alright. You have nothing to really be sorry about.

I know just how horrible the world can be. I can't even imagine what you've been through and I don't think you should ever be blamed for having such thoughts.

I'm grateful you read through my rant sincerely. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: アホペンギン
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've definitely wondered whether there is a correlation between intelligence and depression/ideation. I'd certainly agree that self awareness is just as much a curse as it is a blessing.

There again, I do sometimes wonder if we've just got into the habit of using our brains in a very unhelpful way. Do you ever watch Sadghuru on YouTube? He often comes up with really interesting ways of looking at life and the 'disease' I suppose of modern (western) thinking and philosophy. Just an example:

Reactions: sserafim
offtoseethewizard

offtoseethewizard

Student
Aug 19, 2023
There's a big difference between clever and smart I've found. I have a very high IQ (which I mistakenly confused with being smart - it just meant that I was clever) and it didn't stop me from making all the worst mistakes available to me to ensure my best chance at personal happiness in the long run was thwarted. Short term I did everything right, in a way. I had a lot of fun on drugs wasting away my 20s. But the payoff in my 30s is utter misery and a broken brain.

But yes, the mistakes certainly came from an early understanding that life is meaningless and short. Though I just wished my 'intelligence' translated to being a bit more 'smart' as to how I went about my life in my earlier years.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Wehmut