Ashley_1988

Ashley_1988

Dec 13, 2019
The hateful racist world we are living in makes me want to ctb

I am 34 years and I`ve been living in Germany for almost my whole live (33) Years. I was adopted from Ethiopia into a loving German family when I was about 1 year old. Furthermore, I am aware of the many privileges that I do obtain, my German ID, a good education and job that i am pretty happy with. I am also aware that in particular in comparison to Asylum seekers etc. my social position is very good, and I understand when some say "what the hack are u complaining about". I would never dare to compare my personal situation with people who had to endure war etc..

Nevertheless, the political climate changed so dangerously in the last decade, not only in Germany but all over Europe for various reasons-that i am not going to get into- cause that is not the point of my post and I am not here to write some kind of political thesis..

I just don't feel safe in Germany anymore, many of my friends with migrant backgrounds are feeling scared as well, many of them have at least some kind of roots and connections with their country of origin even if they are Third or second generation migrants. For me, its like that, i don't have any relationship with Ethiopia. I don't know their language I've been there more than 15 years ago, and I had to realize I just can't connect, and I did not feel like that's my country- my home it was just i strange place to me, i could not relate to. I guess my experience is not that unique because I only have German family members, I was raised like a common "German person"

And now the AFD is a pretty racist and fascist party that is getting more and more popular in Germany, and it is pretty possible that they will be the second-strongest party after our elections in 2025. Some days ago, it got public that their grand master plan to emigrate all people who are not German enough, including migrant persons with German ID. They know it is not that legally possible to just take away somebody's citizenship, but they know how to make sure people like me- are strongly thinking to immigrate to a less racist country- But we all know that Racism is not a typical German problem...its worldwide ...

I know that it is only a bad solution to leave, as well as the knowledge when u leave that's what those people wanted u to do, you actually let them win. But to stay in a country where u got adopted into as a little child and had no Say in it, now find your self hated by not only some but by a large part of the society because or ur ethnicity. Aside from that, u do not have any other place to go to makes me scared and combined with the knowledge there is no Safe place to go to..I just feel like fuck it I've been suffering from depression for years now also had one serious ctb attempt ...

Now I feel like the reasons to just try it again (this time with success) are piling up (sorry for my bad English- i just wanted to get that all off my chest)

• Hugs
Reactions: Silenos, Sleeper System and CasTheFriendlyGhost
amaluuk

amaluuk

Jan 11, 2024
Seems like everywhere the legislation is getting worse. As if our own personal problems aren't bad enough, now we have to worry about the whole fucking world going tits up with crazy ass legislators passing racist laws.

The hard part with stuff like this is that there's really no way to tell whether it'll pan out or not. The Nazis always seemed like they were on the brink of collapse and total failure, until they weren't. Khomeini's followers in Iran seemed like jokes with no political ability until suddenly they were the most powerful faction in the country.

Unfortunately I don't know anywhere you could go as an alternative, but if by "German ID" you mean you are a German citizen then you have EU citizenship and can find it very easy to migrate to other places. Off the top of my head is Ireland but the anti-immigrant riots happened there and broke their winning streak of not having very large extremist movements. Almost any EU country you can point to has its own extremist movement. I guess you'd have to play it safe and see what happens in your own country, as well as look into which other EU countries seem the most capable of weathering the storm.

Reactions: CasTheFriendlyGhost
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I understand your situation but make no mistake. Planning is the only thing that will soften the blow
if the situation that you dread happening comes to pass. You said you are in a decent social standing
so it might come easier to you than others in that position. You need to research and make plans for the worst case scenerio. Figure out where you can go, where you can find a job, housing, etc.

I would not simply wait for shit to hit the fan if I was in your shoes.
We live in a time where you have many resources to prepare yourself. Use them.

Reactions: Ashley_1988