anhedonicNfoggy

anhedonicNfoggy

i don’t know
Aug 7, 2023
1. Did you pass the check or no? Which state?
2. Do you think diagnoses lead to not passing? One thing I'm confused about is sometimes when u switch to a new psychiatrist, don't sometimes they not give a diagnosis but still give you a med dosage normal for people with that diagnosis? Do you think meds and dosages lead to not passing?
3. Do you think the only reason is being involuntarily committed? Do people only get involuntarily committed after a suicide attempt?

tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
1. Did you pass the check or no? Which state?
2. Do you think diagnoses lead to not passing? One thing I'm confused about is sometimes when u switch to a new psychiatrist, don't sometimes they not give a diagnosis but still give you a med dosage normal for people with that diagnosis? Do you think meds and dosages lead to not passing?
3. Do you think the only reason is being involuntarily committed? Do people only get involuntarily committed after a suicide attempt?
To all those wanting a gun, in america they are easy to get second hand legally. just go to your local armslist or go to gunbroker. They dont require background checks.

• Informative
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy and Huggs
Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
Some states have laws that require background checks on even private, unlicensed sales.

Takamagahara

Takamagahara

Seeker Of Heaven
Aug 8, 2023
I'm living in one of the states with the strictest gun control--California. I have been held overnight at a psychiatric facility before. I had no problem getting a gun.

A diagnosis by a medical professional is not considered in the background checks. That is considered private medical information and does not show up, unless the diagnosis is accompanied by a legally adjudicated designation (i.e. a judge or a court ordered you to stay in a hospital).

Seriously, buying a gun in America is hilariously easy if you've never had a run-in with legal authorities. Just try it. The worst that can happen is you get denied, in which case there's always private sales.

• Love
Reactions: pinkblur and anhedonicNfoggy