• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
I'm almost done my 2nd week of TMS. I felt better the first week but has regressed since. FML :ehh:

F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I know it has a lot to do with emotional environment. My girlfriend broke up with me for two weeks and I was in the dumps. The last two weeks since we have been back together, I have loved it, and completely happy. Of course, out of no where I'm sad again. For no reason :(

Give TMS a bit of a chance. It's all different for everyone. Have you tried Ketamine?

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
haven't tried K yet. I'm tire of trying new alternatives get my hopes up and feel defeated at the end. We'll see how the rest of the treatment goes but I'm not too optimistic about it. Yeah getting sad for no reason is sign of depression. I hate the fact that I'm tire all the time. Anyways.. are you seeing a therapist? taking meds?

F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I dropped off my therapist 4 months ago maybe, I'm not sure why. I'm on that yearly cycle of trading out my antidepressants. Maxed out on lactimal, Effexor. Prazosin, and I started seroquel back up a couple weeks ago just to see if it benefitted me, and it has a bit. What are you taking?

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Currently I'm taking Prozac, Lithium and Clonazepam.

peachesNpoison

peachesNpoison

Student
Dec 25, 2018
I find that (personally) it gives a subtle but significant increase in cognitive fluidity but not direct emotional help. It's definitely not as dramatic an effect as ECT (but also without the side effects).
Basically it's useful to grease the wheels of your brain and help relieve the noise so you can invest more concentration into therapy, in my experience. If you aren't already doing DBT or some other more intensive therapy program, you may want to consider trying to do it while the effect lasts.

Reactions: Ethereal
F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I find that (personally) it gives a subtle but significant increase in cognitive fluidity but not direct emotional help. It's definitely not as dramatic an effect as ECT (but also without the side effects).
Basically it's useful to grease the wheels of your brain and help relieve the noise so you can invest more concentration into therapy, in my experience. If you aren't already doing DBT or some other more intensive therapy program, you may want to consider trying to do it while the effect lasts.
Thank you for the tips! I really liked that.

what are the dramatic effects of ect if you've had those sessions?
Currently I'm taking Prozac, Lithium and Clonazepam.
Do you feel klonapin works?

Reactions: Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
what are the dramatic effects of ect if you've had those sessions?
Short-term memory loss, cognitive impairment, and for me a newfound difficulty drawing. It was scary at the time because I thought it might be permanent... thankfully it wasn't. I only had 7 sessions though instead of the recommended 10 because I honestly noticed zero improvement from it.

Last edited:
F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
it's great for anxiety but I wouldn't use it too often as it is highly addictive.
As much as I want to ask for it, I'm afraid to like it for that purpose
Short-term memory loss, cognitive impairment, and for me a newfound difficulty drawing. It was scary at the time because I thought it might be permanent... thankfully it wasn't. I only had 7 sessions though instead of the recommended 10 because I honestly noticed zero improvement from it.
Thank you for sharing your experience. This helps me decide. I noticed my insurance accepts esketamine, so I think that's my next route.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie