rotten

rotten

Student
Apr 14, 2021
Are there any of you who have survived an attempt and then managed to divert any and all suspicion? Personally I plan on going via partial. I don't really see myself going any other way so I don't have a backup even though I probably should. If I happen to wake up in the morning, I would hope I'm visibly decent enough to not raise any alarms. If there are marks on my neck I think a lot of makeup would do the trick. However, if my family senses something is up, I'm not exactly sure what kind of excuses to make up. So if anyone has successfully talked their way out of a trip to the mental hospital, or the wrath of their families, feel free to share.

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
I'm definetly no help as far as hiding the physical evidence goes, but I've talked my way out of many a psych visit and family conversation. For me, it's shitty, but gaslighting pretty much, just really drive home that you're feeling alright (don't claim to be doing fantastic or anything, just explain that you're feeling better than before, that you feel okay and are taken aback by their claims of anything else"
"We're worried about you" / "You seem down/different"
"Why? I feel pretty good today actually,"

Medical professionals have no reason to believe them over you usually and so they're more willing to believe that you're fine when they have no evidence otherwise. I've been full on taken to the ER before and they wouldn't forcibly admit me because I swore I was fine, a little depressed but fine nonetheless, and my family was being weird.

Milage may vary as I'm also a really good liar.

Alternatively, you can of course just come clean, shrug, your call.

Reactions: rotten
rotten

rotten

Student
Apr 14, 2021
I'm definetly no help as far as hiding the physical evidence goes, but I've talked my way out of many a psych visit and family conversation. For me, it's shitty, but gaslighting pretty much, just really drive home that you're feeling alright (don't claim to be doing fantastic or anything, just explain that you're feeling better than before, that you feel okay and are taken aback by their claims of anything else"
"We're worried about you" / "You seem down/different"
"Why? I feel pretty good today actually,"

Medical professionals have no reason to believe them over you usually and so they're more willing to believe that you're fine when they have no evidence otherwise. I've been full on taken to the ER before and they wouldn't forcibly admit me because I swore I was fine, a little depressed but fine nonetheless, and my family was being weird.

Milage may vary as I'm also a really good liar.

Alternatively, you can of course just come clean, shrug, your call.
I'll keep this in mind just in case. However I've never been the best liar I may need to work on that a little :ahhha:

Reactions: 3/4Dead