Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Just looking for a bit of an understanding as I think I might have it but I don't want to be one of those people that has 1 symptom out of 1000s saying I have cancer I'm dying type thing so I'm hoping some of the members here can help me understand things better as I've noticed that a few people here have it.

My basic understanding is ringing in your ears (I typically don't add my mistakes but this was funny so I'll tell you. I typed eyes lmfao). Like, is that it? Am I missing something? Now if I do have it, i wouldn't put me on a level any where's close to you guys. However if it does match up it will bring on more questions.

So what I'm experiencing, ringing in my ears (I typed eyes again lol) but it's not very often. The last time it happened was a day or so ago and the last time before that..... I couldn't even tell you, months if not a year or 2. And it only lasts a minute or so. It's been going on for a few years now. Early teens I want to say. When you guys talk about it, it seems like a 24/7 thing which mine isn't any where's close to being. That's why I wonder if it is tinnitus.

Which bring us to the possible section of: yes, it is. Did yours start out like this? Do you think mine will get worse? Should I go to the doctor even though it seems there's not really anything they can do? And any other information you think I should have.

Wow that was a lot of typing. I typically don't say this but it typically isn't this long. Thanks for reading and hopefully any advice I can get. Anyway back to drawing.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Could be. Might not be. I've always had mine, I've no idea what silence is. Might be a silly question, but have you had a doc look in your ears? Could be something as simple as earwax. It's worth checking if you haven't already. You can either get your ears syringed or use olive oil drops to soften it up.
If it is tinnitus, it seems to run the whole gamut, from a minor annoyance to a loud buzzing/whining.

Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
You can either get your ears syringed or use olive oil drops to soften it up.
Olive oil please! I remember doing that when I was younger. The only way to describe how I feel about the water in my ear is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. I really hated it. But yeah I'll keep that in mind.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Olive oil please! I remember doing that when I was younger. The only way to describe how I feel about the water in my ear is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. I really hated it. But yeah I'll keep that in mind.
I have to do it regularly to stop going deaf. I believe the NHS have now stopped providing syringing for free, it now costs £80. So I'm going to have to use oil more. The trouble is, you fill your ears up with the stuff and guess what? You go temporarily deaf:/
Have you ever had anything that could have damaged the tympanic membrane? Gunfire without earbuds or standing too close to the speaker at a festival, something like that? Again, a trip to the doc and a quick look with an otoscope would rule stuff out.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Have you ever had anything that could have damaged the tympanic membrane? Gunfire without earbuds or standing too close to the speaker at a festival, something like that? Again, a trip to the doc and a quick look with an otoscope would rule stuff out.
Lol that's like asking if I breath. My step dad use to have me shoot a .22, with earbuds in I typically have the volume so I can't hear the outside world. And once my friends dragged me up front by the speaker at one of the school dances (ouch)

Reactions: Jumper Geo
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Can't imagine a .22 would have too much of an impact, but I suspect frequent loud music plumbed into your head could be a contributing factor. I know that's how many consume music these days but I never got along with it - I like music to bounce around the walls or fill the car. If you've always used earbuds, why not try going without for a while and see if that helps?

Reactions: Jumper Geo and Good4Nothing
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Can't imagine a .22 would have too much of an impact, but I suspect frequent loud music plumbed into your head could be a contributing factor. I know that's how many consume music these days but I never got along with it - I like music to bounce around the walls or fill the car. If you've always used earbuds, why not try going without for a while and see if that helps?
I live with my husband and he doesn't like my music. Plus when I'm outside working I don't want to be waking people up in the middle of the night. Not only that but the noise makes it so I can't hear the wind or anything and get scared (I hate the dark)

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo and Deleted member 1465
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Mine started out like yours - just occasional ringing every so often.
Over the years it became more frequent, and now it's constant. Never a lull. Constant ringing. Makes it hard to get to sleep sometimes.

I doubt a .22 would damage your ears. I used to shoot high caliber rifles in competition - imagine 20 guys all in a row firing M-1 Garands simultaneously. Sounds like a war zone. That'll damage your ears.
That was high school. After that I started a rock band, and for a decade if I wasn't playing a gig or practicing with my mates, I was at a rock'n'roll show. I knew I was ruining my hearing, but I didn't care. Carpe diem, right?

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I have a slight case of tinnitus after I stopped taking risperidone it's not very loud but I was getting it every day so I researched the symptoms to figure out if I could improve it, for gods sake don't use a cotton bud it just pushes the ear wax in further, I used multivitamins, Vit D, Cod Liver Oil and Turmeric and then I thought I need my ears syringed, it was during lock down so I couldn't visit anyone, so I done it myself it was fantastic used the drops twice, morning and evening for one week and then flushed out all the crap, worked brilliantly. I still suffer now and again from tinnitus but not as often and don't really notice it anymore.

Amazon product ASIN B07JLX8JNY
Amazon product ASIN B003XJCJ3Q
Hope this helps

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I have never been diagnosed with it but I definitely have it or it's a part of my neurological condition. The ringing/piercing in my ears is constant now it never stops. It's the kind of sound or feeling you'd get after experiencing an explosion.

I used to think people with tinnitus overreacted but when you can never experience silence and peace it really is unbearable.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: roju, Deleted member 1465, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yes, I'm lucky, mine is relatively mild. It's there and it's annoying, but not a major concern for me. I don't want to imagine what it's like to be any louder. There have been members here who have, and do, seriously struggle with it.

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I have 2 types of tinnitus. The traditional ear ringing and then a physical sensation that's like a heartbeat pulsing in my ear. I seriously want to stab my left ear since the sensation is only in that ear. It's hell..I realized drugs made it worse too. At least the physical sensation comes and goes unlike the constant ringing.