Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Does anyone else here have tinnitus and hearing loss? If yes, is that a reason why you want to ctb? Or does it have nothing to do with that? My Tinnitus seems to get worse, and my hearing loss too. I dont exactly know why, because i dont listen to music. It is extremely annoying, i absolutely hate having Tinnitus. It is one reason i want to ctb.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sweet emotion, gingerplum, your pathologist and 8 others
Slate128

Slate128

May 5, 2019
Little annoying things that will make your life worse over time can do that. Dyslexia, arthritis, asthma are others, and not many people would want a lifetime of tinnitus or any of those... Personally I have bad knees and I'm still a teenager, so I hope to ctb before I can't walk 100m

Reactions: gingerplum, your pathologist, irregularheartbeat and 2 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I have it in both ears. My right ear is worse than my left ear but it really doesn't bother me that much. For the most part I only notice it when I'm lying down in my bed and it's really quiet in the house. Even then all I have to do is turn on my fan and I won't notice it anymore.

Reactions: your pathologist, pleasethistime, Baskol1 and 1 other person
A

Aonewayticketplease

Student
Jun 3, 2019
I have both, fortunately it is something that doesn't bother me. The only time I think about it is if the topic is brought up

Reactions: your pathologist, Skathon, Baskol1 and 1 other person
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
with how much music i blast at just 19 with my volume fully maxed out in my earbuds and speakers all the time.

im definitely going deaf lol. ear problems are probably gonna be a reason for me to want to ctb even more down the line if i make it far.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573, your pathologist, irregularheartbeat and 1 other person
irregularheartbeat

irregularheartbeat

Memento Mori
Aug 25, 2019
I don't suffer hearing loss, however I do have tinnitus. It's strange but it's actually a sound I enjoy sometimes, often I can pick up on other ringings than my own and I love to imagine it's the bell of somebody elses soul, and it comforts me.

• Love
Reactions: your pathologist, Dreamcolleger, GinaIsReady and 1 other person
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
Sometimes I stop hearing sounds coming from outside of me and then a quiet tone/noise will appear - noise in my head. This has been happening for years and the incidences seem to be lasting longer. Does sound like Tinnitus?

Reactions: your pathologist, irregularheartbeat and Baskol1
irregularheartbeat

irregularheartbeat

Memento Mori
Aug 25, 2019
Is itaa
Sometimes I stop hearing sounds coming from outside of me and then a quiet tone/noise will appear - noise in my head. This has been happening for years and the incidences seem to be lasting longer. Does sound like Tinnitus?
Is it a whistling ringing? For myself it sounds like a high pitch continuous beep I guess I could say

Reactions: your pathologist and Baskol1
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
I've had tinnitus since as far back as I can remember, I've got this memory of when I was about 3-5 years old and I actually thought that is what silence sounded like. God only knows how I got it from such a young age, it's only ever been mild though.

It got me down when I was a teen, but half of the reason is probably because I had nothing going for me. After far worse problems have come up in my life, it really is not something that bothers me.

Reactions: your pathologist, irregularheartbeat and Baskol1
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
i occasionally get ringing but it's just a matter of time before i get full-blown chronic tinnitus

as i've already had every other neuropathic disease under the fkn Sun this is probably next up

IsadoraBeauxdraps

IsadoraBeauxdraps

would like to follow that butterfly
Aug 23, 2019
I don't suffer hearing loss, however I do have tinnitus. It's strange but it's actually a sound I enjoy sometimes, often I can pick up on other ringings than my own and I love to imagine it's the bell of somebody elses soul, and it comforts me.
Such a beautiful thought for something I find so hard to bear.
I have tinnitus for 4 years. When I tried to reinstate paxil after a long withdrawal.
Since that it has got worse. I have high-pitched whistle in the middle of my head, and a sort of morse code in my right ear when I'm in silence.
I also have the « hyperacusis gift », I can no longer listen to music with headphone.
I miss silence.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: your pathologist, Baskol1, GinaIsReady and 1 other person
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Does anyone else here have tinnitus and hearing loss? If yes, is that a reason why you want to ctb? Or does it have nothing to do with that? My Tinnitus seems to get worse, and my hearing loss too. I dont exactly know why, because i dont listen to music. It is extremely annoying, i absolutely hate having Tinnitus. It is one reason i want to ctb.

I don't have hearing loss which surprises me because I would wore earbuds soooooo often since iPods became a thing, and would listen to loud music as a kid and teen. Hearing loss CAN be genetic.

But very rarely I'll get tinnitus for like a minute out of nowhere. I actually got it a couple seconds ago coincidentally. It's already gone now though.
@Baskol1 Is the tinnitus constant?

GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: your pathologist, Baskol1 and irregularheartbeat
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Tinnitus started 4 months ago after a nasty ear infection and it stopped me sleeping. Diazepam did help and listening to rain. In the last month it's got worse as I'm so stressed and I overdosed. I still woke up with that buzzing in my bastard ear.

P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
I have it in both ears. My right ear is worse than my left ear but it really doesn't bother me that much. For the most part I only notice it when I'm lying down in my bed and it's really quiet in the house. Even then all I have to do is turn on my fan and I won't notice it anymore.
Same. İ have it also when lying in my bed and it is quiet.

IsadoraBeauxdraps

IsadoraBeauxdraps

Aug 23, 2019
This thing is a plague, seriously.

Reactions: your pathologist
Hexen

Hexen

Student
Aug 12, 2019
I dont have that thankfully because I really like music and play an instrument. If I did, it would be an icing on the cake. I have bunch of other medical issues though so that would just fuck me over. Sorry you have to deal with that. Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

• Love
Reactions: your pathologist and IsadoraBeauxdraps
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I cannot hear what any of you are saying because my ears are ringing so badly..what's the question?

The few times in a lot of years I found myself in a bed without a fan in the room it was unbearable and sleep was not to be.

IsadoraBeauxdraps

IsadoraBeauxdraps

Aug 23, 2019
I cannot hear what any of you are saying because my ears are ringing so badly..what's the question?

The few times in a lot of years I found myself in a bed without a fan in the room it was unbearable and sleep was not to be.
So sorry,
Me I listen to the classical radio anytime I can. It helps a little to clear my head. But I miss the silence so much. As for you I think :aw:

Reactions: your pathologist and oopswronglife
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Me I listen to the classical radio anytime I can

Moi aussi....classical and ambient is pleasant. I really hate total silence...need white noise...but yes I miss it very much.

IsadoraBeauxdraps

IsadoraBeauxdraps

Aug 23, 2019
Sometimes I listen to « sound of the wind » videos, I like it.

Reactions: your pathologist and oopswronglife
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Sometimes I listen to « sound of the wind » videos, I like it.

I like ocean waves...living by the ocean or sea would be a dream...open the window and have that sweet sound.

Reactions: Baskol1 and your pathologist
IsadoraBeauxdraps

IsadoraBeauxdraps

Aug 23, 2019
Yes it would be wonderful, but it's just a dream :aw:

Reactions: Baskol1, your pathologist and oopswronglife
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
Though I've never been diagnosed, I think I have eustachian tube dysfunction. There's constant popping in my ears. Furthermore, there's pressure that I can never fully relieve.

Reactions: Baskol1 and your pathologist
your pathologist

your pathologist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 5, 2018
I have ringing in my ears
Perhaps it was all the shooting and rock concerts

Freedom certainly kills the eardrums

• Hugs
Reactions: oopswronglife, IsadoraBeauxdraps and Baskol1
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I got diagnosed last month after having an ear test and MRI Scan. I have 70% ear loss in my left ear.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Sweet emotion, oopswronglife and Baskol1
M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
yep, it's not fun. Best masking sounds for me have been crickets and rain. some decent ones on youtube.