Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I'll go first.

Apparently, at age 3 or 4 I ate rat poisoning, and they had to pump my stomach. The whole universe sighed in disappointment that day. So close and yet so far.

When I was 21 or 22, I was almost struck in a head-on collision on the highway. These girls had gotten drunk on the beach during Memorial Day and came across the median in a huge plume of dirt. Had I stayed with the pack of cars behind me instead of driving full speed ahead at 85 mph, I would have been nowhere near them, and it wouldn't have been such a close call. I didn't even fishtail, and they somehow escaped with minor injuries despite flipping the car.

I was 24. The doc prescribed Trazadone for sleep. It helps a lot of people. Unfortunately for me, dependent as I had been on Ambien, I required the maximum dosage topped with booze to get any sedative effect. Well, one time, I overdid it and ended up triggering a rare cardiac arrhythmia called Torsades de Pointes in which my heart did its best impression of a drum roll. For the next 4 hours, I stayed awake in my childhood bed wondering if I was going to die.

Unfortunately, as you can see, I narrowly escaped death for a third time.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Amumu, Pen>Sword, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 5 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Can't recall every time, but here are a few that were non suicide attempts:

Was 19. Friends and I getting super drunk off this really cheap and nasty wine called Mad Dog 20/20. So, we decide to go to another friend's house a few houses down. One friend hops in his car and several of us sit on the hood while he drives slowly to the house. Well, I was VERY drunk and ended up falling forward off the hood. As I am remembering this, there is a damn good chance I did this on purpose, but not sure. Was incredibly drunk at the time. Anyways, I fall, right in front of the left front wheel and he stops literally inches from my face. Friends all come running up to see if I was ok because I was not getting up. I was just laying there looking at the tire and saying, "Holy shit! I almost died!" While laughing hysterically. Genuinely found it hilarious. Friends didn't at the moment. Good times...

Second time was some time in my mid 20's. My Dad was drunk and feeling rather hateful towards me that night so he kept just saying things to upset and hurt me so I would break down. I didn't. I got sick of it and just said something very snarky to him instead as I walked away into my room. As soon as I got into my room I could hear heavy footsteps behind me. I turned to see my Dad, a look of pure hateful rage on his face barreling towards me. Now, to give you an idea of how scary this was, I am a thin guy. About average height, but very thin. My Dad at the time was 6 ft. 1 (185 cm) and weighed 255 lbs. (115 kg). This big ass man was also very fast and instantly after I turned around he had his hand firmly wrapped around my throat and had slammed me up against the wall and was choking the life out of me. Literally. As I was starting to pass out my mom had come into to try and stop him, but he backhanded her knocking her out if the room. What saved me was my mom telling him "I am going to call the police!" And did. Had marks from his fingers all around my neck and throat for 3 days and swallowing hurt. Good times...

Another time was when I was working in a recycling plant one winter. One of the feeder belts on a conveyor needed to be replaced, but the only way to get it in was to sit on a narrow steel girder about 50 feet above the hard concrete floor below. This was a place full of HARDENED convicts. Yet, not a single one of them would volunteer to sit on it to feed the belt in. So, me, being fearless, (basically not only afraid, but wanting to die,) I volunteered and called the rest of them cowards. So, me and the supervisor, a tall, lanky guy started to try and push the belt I to the front end of the machine, but, Theresa's problem. It was literally 15 degrees out that day, so, the belt was basically frozen. We were getting frustrated trying to shove it with all our strength, so, finally my supervisor extends out his arms and starts reading them back to give a big push. Well, as he was flinging his arms back, he hit me in the chest and I started falling backwards. Oh, did I mention we weren't using safety harnesses? Because we weren't. Anyways, supervisor looks back and sees me falling and quickly grabs my arm. I'm shaking from the adrenaline and slight shock and he says, "Whoa man! You ok?" I just looked at him fir a second and busted out laughing. "I almost died!" Iwas not laughing out of fear, I genuinely found it to be funny. And a good story to tell later. Good times....

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Largeletters and 5 others
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Can't recall every time, but here are a few that were non suicide attempts:

Was 19. Friends and I getting super drunk off this really cheap and nasty wine called Mad Dog 20/20. So, we decide to go to another friend's house a few houses down. One friend hops in his car and several of us sit on the hood while he drives slowly to the house. Well, I was VERY drunk and ended up falling forward off the hood. As I am remembering this, there is a damn good chance I did this on purpose, but not sure. Was incredibly drunk at the time. Anyways, I fall, right in front of the left front wheel and he stops literally inches from my face. Friends all come running up to see if I was ok because I was not getting up. I was just laying there looking at the tire and saying, "Holy shit! I almost died!" While laughing hysterically. Genuinely found it hilarious. Friends didn't at the moment. Good times...

Second time was some time in my mid 20's. My Dad was drunk and feeling rather hateful towards me that night so he kept just saying things to upset and hurt me so I would break down. I didn't. I got sick of it and just said something very snarky to him instead as I walked away into my room. As soon as I got into my room I could hear heavy footsteps behind me. I turned to see my Dad, a look of pure hateful rage on his face barreling towards me. Now, to give you an idea of how scary this was, I am a thin guy. About average height, but very thin. My Dad at the time was 6 ft. 1 (185 cm) and weighed 255 lbs. (115 kg). This big ass man was also very fast and instantly after I turned around he had his hand firmly wrapped around my throat and had slammed me up against the wall and was choking the life out of me. Literally. As I was starting to pass out my mom had come into to try and stop him, but he backhanded her knocking her out if the room. What saved me was my mom telling him "I am going to call the police!" And did. Had marks from his fingers all around my neck and throat for 3 days and swallowing hurt. Good times...

Another time was when I was working in a recycling plant one winter. One of the feeder belts on a conveyor needed to be replaced, but the only way to get it in was to sit on a narrow steel girder about 50 feet above the hard concrete floor below. This was a place full of HARDENED convicts. Yet, not a single one of them would volunteer to sit on it to feed the belt in. So, me, being fearless, (basically not only afraid, but wanting to die,) I volunteered and called the rest of them cowards. So, me and the supervisor, a tall, lanky guy started to try and push the belt I to the front end of the machine, but, Theresa's problem. It was literally 15 degrees out that day, so, the belt was basically frozen. We were getting frustrated trying to shove it with all our strength, so, finally my supervisor extends out his arms and starts reading them back to give a big push. Well, as he was flinging his arms back, he hit me in the chest and I started falling backwards. Oh, did I mention we weren't using safety harnesses? Because we weren't. Anyways, supervisor looks back and sees me falling and quickly grabs my arm. I'm shaking from the adrenaline and slight shock and he says, "Whoa man! You ok?" I just looked at him fir a second and busted out laughing. "I almost died!" Iwas not laughing out of fear, I genuinely found it to be funny. And a good story to tell later. Good times....
Your dad is a complete piece of shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: Amumu
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Its in the past. He has been through a lot too. Even more than I have.
Well, to be fair, I make this excuse for my dad too. He only ever beat up my older brother though. I had it easy.

• Hugs
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
2005:

I had gone to beach and started swimming in the sea.
The stream was too strong and when I looked back I couldn't see the beach anymore.
I was desperate, trying to swim back but I only ended up getting tired and farther away from the shote.
Then, 3 lifeguards showed up out of nowhere and asked me if I was drowning and I said "Not really but, it seems I can't go back".
They laughed at me and took me back to the beach and everyone started clapping because I had been "saved"

2010:

The beach, again.
I was jogging on a seaside and out of nowhere, a giant wave appeared and knocked me out.
When I opened my eyes, there were some pointy giant rocks at the back of my neck.
I could've died in a very painful way.

2020:

I tried to ctb with OD + partial hanging. Of course I failed but I ended up in a 2 day coma and the doctors said it was quite a "miracle" I was still alive and with no permanent damage.

Damn, it looks like I just can't die lol.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Amumu, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Largeletters and 2 others
moonchild

moonchild

Student
May 8, 2020
I have something both similar and very different. I was biking somewhere with a friend (can't even remember where), and because we were 10 and stupid we were on the wrong side of the road, while cars were probably going 35-40mph. She was in front of me, and I accidentally biked into her back wheel. I lost balance and fell over to the side, out into the road, just as a car passed right next to me. I was so shaken I could barely stand up, but my friend didn't think it was a big deal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu and Celerity
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
My grandma told me when my mom almost aborted me. She had to take away the bottle of meds before mom tried to OD me out her womb.

Who knew I'd try that method too to kms. I dont know if that counts.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Amumu, Fehler, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
with 4 years, perhaps 5, i went to buy an ice cream to the shop in front of my house (with my parents in the door). Coming back i saw a truck but i didn't care. I ran to my house at the same moment that the truck went backward. It didn't caught me by miracle. As they told me, the fright of my parents was huge. Meanwhile, i was happy with my ice cream and didn't understood anything

• Hugs
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Apparently when I was born I was already very close to dying because I had excess water in my lungs and thus had to stay in the hospital for a few extra days. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I had just died then. My mom and dad would probably have been devastated though since they wanted so badly for their firstborn to be a son and got their wish. I don't care about my dad but thinking of my mom losing her child right after giving birth breaks my heart even though I could care less about her reaction to me dying at 27 with no hope for the future.

I guess other than that I haven't really had any near death experiences. I suppose I've spent my life so far taking as few risks as possible and not allowing myself to get into dangerous situations and I don't mind that at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Celerity
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I was never close to death but:
A few years ago I got chased by a herd of cows (as this was the UK countryside) and nearly got trampled on but I escaped.
I once thought I was going to die as I lost my balance on an escalator. I have a phobia of them now. I nearly fell from climbing an mountain a few years ago and when I was a kid I fell from a wall and If I had fell a certain way I may have caused more damage.

• Hugs
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I was 20and bleeding internally they couldn't find the source and I was losing so much my blood went down to a 1/3rd what it was I had 180 hemoglobin it went down to 60 and I went into shock don't remember anything until stabilising.

Another time
I was very low but manged to get my hands on some good Heroin and crack mixed in a hit, I knew the risks but really did not expect to go as after several failures I didn't think I'd come lucky but it floored me within two seconds...
The other drug users put me out on the street (which is normal)
Kind passers by did cpr

Latest time I had a seizure walking down a busy road and ended up going over 2 cars doing 50 I woke up in agony bones fractured collarbone sticking out and covered in piss, shit and blood... sorry for the crudeness but people make out car accidents and seizures are simply a clean 'whoops I got hit by a car.'

And people still find the nerve to say one is blessed/lucky.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
daddy Phil :)

daddy Phil :)

Oct 21, 2020
1. When I was born the doctors thought I was dead because I didn't cry and they almost wanted to give up on me lol but yeah I was alive.
2. When I was young I don't remember the age but I almost drowned because I'm short asf and the ground suddenly got very deep at one moment and I didn't know so when I was walking through the water that was almost too deep for me anyway and I was at the point where the ground got very deep I couldn't go back to where the ground wasn't too deep and no one was near me but I 'swam' to it after a lot of tries and survived (I can't swim lmao).

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Amumu, Celerity and Largeletters
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
When I was born, I was 2 months premature, 2 lbs and 13 oz, almost died.

When I was 5, family and I were in a car accident that could've been deadly, this bigass semi-truck was heading our way, had it hit us we would've died.

When I was also 5 I had pneumonia.

Wish I died one of these times. Then my family would have healed from some of the grief by now :/ fuck, I really wish I wasn't here.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Amumu, Celerity and avoid_slow_death
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
I was in bed dead asleep and my dad came to my flat.
I had left cocaine out on my living room cabinet, that's clearly visible.

I live in 1bed flat, bedrooms next to my main door, with living room the opposing side.

Anyways..my dad unlocked the front door and I hear the door alarm.
Pretty much still asleep. I instantly jump out of bed, only to be hit with crazy levels of vertigo/distortion from gettting up.
This doesn't stop me from panicking as I remember I got to move the coke.

As I get to the living room, In this state of rush/panick, vertigo and distortion combined. lose balance. Making me fall and then smash my head on the corner of the living room table
So now my ear is gushing with blood..and ive still not moved the coke.
Panicking increases, the concussion kicks in, the vertigo/distortion is still there. I had to still keep my dad from seeing the coke.
Slurring my words, I tell my dad not to come in and closer/near me because I've got covid. And

The whole situation weirded me out. If I fell at slightly different angle. Then maybe I would have died, dad would have seen the coke, and from autopsy reports, he'd also know that I , Infact, did not have covid lol

TLDR; smashed my head on comer of the glass table. If I fell just slightly different, I would be ded.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
Once. I was 5-6 years old in the Philippines, I was out of town with my family. For context, the Philippines has one of the worst traffic and drivers in the world.

One morning, I followed my nannies that was crossing the street. I followed them, then I was in the middle of the street. I almost got hit by a car because I, a dumbass, forgot to look left and right before crossing. The car stopped just in time. My dad slapped my hand and scolded me, then moved me away from the street. I looked at the other side of the street and those were not my nannies. I almost died in front of many people. Looking back at it, I wish I died right there and then.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
cytokinestorm

cytokinestorm

Apr 19, 2020
My foster mother tried to drown me in the bath, I was knocked over by a car and I had a kidney infection a few years ago.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Amumu, logan, Celerity and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
A big truck slammed into the front of my tiny car when it was skidding sideways out of control in the rain. I thought so this is how I'm going to die just before the impact. I ducked down and only had a broken knuckle, no idea why, it happened so fast.

I was caught in a rip current last year and had to be pulled out by a lifeguard. I thought for sure it was over that time.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Amumu and Largeletters
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
There might be more, but those i remember now
1. As a kid i fell of a tree with my head down. I was like "shit i'm going totally broken", felt sad about my parents during the fly. Literrally a meter from the ground my leg sticked into a tree branch. So my brain is still in my head. (7-9 years old)
2.After hard work out, hours of traveling and hours long sex i got home and passed out without breathing for a minute or two. /20 or someting/. Since then i know something with my brain is messed up.
3.Few times driving on highway, during rain, or someone making something dangerous...i think everyone got those moments.
4.In everyday life even a simple hallo can get me in such a situation, so i'm very very carefull to avoid any chain of events with such an outcome as possibility.
5.There are definately more...

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu and Largeletters
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I was 4, I had been running around a pool many times my size, and slipped into it. I remember going up and down many times and being unable to breathe. My father had been coming back into the room at that moment and managed to save me

• Hugs
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Giving birth to my daughter,both our hearts stopped
A gastric blockage required an emergency resection (moments from death)
OD'd on Amitryptiline and got hypoxia
Ligatured in the psych ward and hit the spot

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Amumu, Celerity, Largeletters and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
My foster mother tried to drown me in the bath, I was knocked over by a car and I had a kidney infection a few years ago.
Jesus H Christ. I hope you got out of there soon afterwards?

• Hugs
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I almost died today from an asthma attack.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Largeletters, Fragile, Amumu and 1 other person
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
When I was 2 years old, a German shepherd dog attacked me. My father was just able to save me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters, Celerity and Amumu
disillusionment

disillusionment

Oct 22, 2020
Mine was just the other day.. so there was a water leak in the basement where the hydro electrical stuff is and the superintendent came in to my apartment to check if there was any leak. He said there is no leak coming from my tub for sure because he had ripped up the basement ceiling and could see that around my tub was all dry. So then the very next day after he "checked" my plumbing, I'm in the middle of showering and the water suddenly shuts off and my phone is ringing. I get out and answer it and the superintendent says whatever you do, don't touch the bathtub because water is dripping from your tub onto the electrical stuff in the basement and you will get electrocuted if you touch it.

Now normally, my superintendent wouldn't even be home on weekends to notice the leak or shut the water off in time. my downstairs neighbour actually noticed the water leak and told him. If they hadn't noticed and he had not shut the water off, I guess I could have been electrocuted during my shower.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters and Amumu
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I hurt the back of my head in falling down when you was climbing some stuff in a park when I was a kid.
Be careful with the back of your head folks, it would be deadly.
I even know someone who's dead because he was balancing on his chair.
His neck hurt the ground and he died.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters