F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
If you had a time machine and you could travel back to any period in history, where would you go ? What historical person/ people would you meet ? What secrets from the past would you discover or solve ? What would you like to do ?

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Step40
Step40

Step40

May 30, 2020
Oh my god but I would love to tell Freddie Mercury to be a bit more careful!!!
My parents lived through the sixties and are so fucking chilled out and full of peace and love, I would love to experience that kinda lifestyle

Reactions: Lorntroubles, faraway_beach and Fullof pain
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
Oh my god but I would love to tell Freddie Mercury to be a bit more careful!!!
My parents lived through the sixties and are so fucking chilled out and full of peace and love, I would love to experience that kinda lifestyle
The sixties would be a real eye opener ! Yes, please save Freddie !!
I have too many to choose from,
Visit the Egyptians and marvel at the pyramids being built.
Travel to Victorian England and discover who Jack the Ripper really was. And save his victims.
Sit with Rossetti while he painted.
Live with the pagan druids and learn their craft.
I could go on, you get the picture !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Step40
Step40

Step40

May 30, 2020
The sixties would be a real eye opener ! Yes, please save Freddie !!
I have too many to choose from,
Visit the Egyptians and marvel at the pyramids being built.
Travel to Victorian England and discover who Jack the Ripper really was. And save his victims.
Sit with Rossetti while he painted.
Live with the pagan druids and learn their craft.
I could go on, you get the picture !!
Hmm only could live in Victorian times if I was super rich!
I love history so any sort of big historical moments would be brilliant.
The roaring twenties cause these ones are fucking crap!!

Reactions: Fullof pain and Good4Nothing
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and DyslexicForeigner
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Can I be selfish and say I would travel back to my earlier years to try and change my life :pfff: my other answer would be to just travel back To various events so that I can solve all the unsolved mysteries
Hmm only could live in Victorian times if I was super rich!
I love history so any sort of big historical moments would be brilliant.
The roaring twenties cause these ones are fucking crap!!
Yeah I'm not sure about Victorian times too lol. Hygiene definitely wasn't a big thing back then. Never paid much attention in history at school but one thing I did learn was that they would chuck human waste out the window. Wouldn't want to be walking under one of those windows :pfff:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fullof pain, Thinking, Lorntroubles and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
1st January of 2005 to be precise
For you? 1st January 2004 might be best for me. Anything between that and mid 2005. It's not to see what life was like then, I remember all too well. Feels that yesterday and that I'm stuck here out of my own time. I envy people who'd just be interested for curiosities sake. For me it's desperation

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and DyslexicForeigner
DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018
For you? 1st January 2004 might be best for me. Anything between that and mid 2005. It's not to see what life was like then, I remember all too well. Feels that yesterday and that I'm stuck here out of my own time. I envy people who'd just be interested for curiosities sake. For me it's desperation
How about the year 1986? The year that your higher self decided to incarnate to this shit hell hole planet?

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I wouldn't want to travel to any specific era. I'd try to experience every era and use the knowledge gained of past/present/future events to guide people along. I would move through time and alter events to remove bad things like war, but at the same time inject some good things like advanced technology from the future and try to keep things stable; though this would be a very difficult balancing act.

For example: We're planning on going to Mars. Unfortunately we've only just started to take it seriously now and it won't be for a long time until we have a permeneant presence there. It will probably be at least another 100 years until we reach beyond the red planet and into exploring interstellar space. I would attempt to change this by convincing people decades before (1980's/90's) to start a Mars project then; hopefully speeding things up a bit, so that in the new altered future we will already have a Mars colony by, say, 2015?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lorntroubles
K

KibblesNBits

Student
May 30, 2020
If you had a time machine and you could travel back to any period in history, where would you go ?

2008, exactly 12 years ago when I was 18.

Reactions: DyslexicForeigner and Mr2005
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I'd go back to when humans had barely explored any of the world and just wander around exploring places

Reactions: marcusuk63 and DyslexicForeigner
the-eternal

the-eternal

Apr 10, 2018
take me back to the stone age -- when mammoth hunting and loincloths were all the rage

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
How about the year 1986? The year that your higher self decided to incarnate to this shit hell hole planet?
No. We only think like this now because it all went to shit. Correct me if I'm wrong

• Hugs
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I'd want to go to the 6th of April 1453 so I could watch the siege of Constantinople, it has always interested me. Watching King Mehmed overcome impossible odds and have his army carry sixty ships up a damn mountain to drop them in the Golden Horn.

Reactions: Skathon and Fullof pain
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I would first go back in time to teabag some dinosaurs then I would visit different cultures at various periods in history to learn how they lived and progressed. I would watch the cavemen as they migrated and discovered the wheel, fire and language. I would watch the Pyramids, Great Wall, Roman Colosseum, Easter Island and Stonehenge be built, to name a few. I would watch various civilizations rise and fall. It would be fascinating to watch unique cultures like the Aztecs. Would be interesting to see how tradesmen throughout history built everything from axes and bows to pockets watches and steam engines. I would witness many battles and wars. It would be a journey of truth seeking and discovery.

I would have to make plenty of trips to the present to stock back up on yum yums. To be honest, the last place I would want to visit is the future. From what I am witnessing now, I don't know if I want to see how it turns out. Would probably save that for last. With my luck, I would go to the future and be engulfed by a radiated earth from a stupid avoidable war and lose my chance to visit the past…

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fullof pain, AnxietyAttack44 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I would first go back in time to tea bag some dinosaurs
:ohhhh: :pfff:

I'd probably just go back and fix the mistakes I've made in my past. Nothing nearly as interesting as @4eyebiped

Reactions: Mr2005, AnxietyAttack44 and Good4Nothing
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I'd go back to 1942, join the army, and fight nazism in Europe. WWII fascinates me.

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I would freeze the time by repeating the same days while doing different things.

Reactions: Skathon, isetahi2141, Fullof pain and 4 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'd go back to 1942, join the army, and fight nazism in Europe. WWII fascinates me.
That's interesting that you picked that. The Nazis supposedly had something called Die Glocke or "the bell" in english. It was speculated that it could've been a time machine.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
That's interesting that you picked that. The Nazis supposedly had something called Die Glocke or "the bell" in english. It was speculated that it could've been a time machine.

I've heard it speculated it was an antigravity engine. But the only evidence I've seen of it was the R&D facility for it, which I believe was already abandoned when the Russians found it. Maybe it opened a portal to hell, and Hellboy is real!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt, AnxietyAttack44 and Brick In The Wall
Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

I was born human and I'm sorry for that. ——太宰 治
Jul 9, 2020
Back to when I was born

• Aww..
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I would go back to april 4th of 2020, and accept my husbands double suicide offer, that he gave me due to him having 6 days left to live after that.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: marcusuk63, LetzteAusfahrt, Fullof pain and 2 others
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
Can I be selfish and say I would travel back to my earlier years to try and change my life :pfff: my other answer would be to just travel back To various events so that I can solve all the unsolved mysteries

Yeah I'm not sure about Victorian times too lol. Hygiene definitely wasn't a big thing back then. Never paid much attention in history at school but one thing I did learn was that they would chuck human waste out the window. Wouldn't want to be walking under one of those windows :pfff:
Known as gardyloo in my part of the world. The tenement windows would open, a shout of gardyloo to warn any passers by and then a bucket full was thrown out the window. I agree on the hygiene part though. Although i'd be keen to sample some of the medicines of the era, laudanum, poppy syrup..
I've heard it speculated it was an antigravity engine. But the only evidence I've seen of it was the R&D facility for it, which I believe was already abandoned when the Russians found it. Maybe it opened a portal to hell, and Hellboy is real!
I believe they were big on the occult too. And Hitler had a group of them trying to discover the secrets of eternal life, transmutation and other such concepts. Obviously didn't succeed though !

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 19654
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
I would love to save Dian Fossey from being murdered and would also love to save Steve Irwin by not letting him get out of the boat to avoid the stingray.

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
I would travel back to where the Bible fairy tale originated and eliminate the origin for the demonization of Suzid. So that humanity does not blindly follow a power-hungry system like lemmings for 1950 years and think for itself.

• Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing and marcusuk63
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I'd probably go back and stop myself from hitting my head on a cruise ship and getting a concussion. Maybe then I wouldn't have any mental health or cognitive issues

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and marcusuk63
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Hopefully the time machine in on my wrist as i`d hate to have to hide this thing everywhere i went ., also had a location setting as i`d just end up in the same place different time .
Swinging 60`s would be cool for a few months l . (i was too young to appreciate it )
Go back and stop the internet and mobile phones being invented ?
The world i want to live in does not exist and never will , George Orwell`s future is upon us, we even willing pay top dollar to have the latest tracking device on us !
I guess i`d just keep leaping forward until i found the time when humans had final gone and nature had taken back the planet .

Attachments

• rod-taylor-the-time-machine.jpg
    rod-taylor-the-time-machine.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: TheQ22 and puppy9
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'd probably go back and stop myself from hitting my head on a cruise ship and getting a concussion. Maybe then I wouldn't have any mental health or cognitive issues
Shit @Squiddy I didn't realise that was your story, that's fucking reeeealllly unlucky! :hug:

[The whole time travel thing is an issue in itself, I'm surprised that given the brain boxes on this forum it's not been discussed yet (if it has, I missed it)], but buying into the OP...

I'd not drop out of college. Maybe if I'd have gotten to university a year earlier then I'd have met the most wonderful girl in the world before she fell for someone else. :love:

When I come to think about it. the two times I've dropped out and hoped someone would help me have been the biggest mistakes of my life. Personal responsibility FTW.

• Love
Reactions: Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Shit @Squiddy I didn't realise that was your story, that's fucking reeeealllly unlucky! :hug:

[The whole time travel thing is an issue in itself, I'm surprised that given the brain boxes on this forum it's not been discussed yet (if it has, I missed it)], but buying into the OP...

I'd not drop out of college. Maybe if I'd have gotten to university a year earlier then I'd have met the most wonderful girl in the world before she fell for someone else. :love:

When I come to think about it. the two times I've dropped out and hoped someone would help me have been the biggest mistakes of my life. Personal responsibility FTW.
I'm starting to believe that's where my cognitive and mental health issues came from. I wish I had never bumped my head and actually listened to my mom when she said no running on the deck. Now I'm fucked

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465