hevlalab

hevlalab

Take me back in time
Sep 14, 2023
If you could travel back in time and prevent certain events from happening, what date would you want to go back to? And would it stop you from wanting to ctb?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05, fightingforchoice and Gloomislost
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
I think anywhere before I was 5 would be fine because I ended up in an abusive household. I'm away from that place now but the memories, and other things that happened after did not help me in the long run.

• Hugs
Reactions: undecided and hevlalab
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't really want to experience existence under absolutely any circumstances, such a thing just doesn't interest me. I only wish for nothingness and being suicidal is all that makes sense in my case, I see it as always being preferable to not exist, it comforts me so much the thought of being dead.

• Hugs
Reactions: hevlalab
Upvote 0
ShiftYourCarcasses

ShiftYourCarcasses

Sep 17, 2023
Time travelling to try and prevent certain events from happening would change little to nothing from me. My mindset currently has been a culmination of events that has basically shaped me into what I am now, what if preventing certain events leads to the creation of worse events theres that possibility, but If i had the ability to time travel and prevent certain events from happening , the main event I'd try to stop, was me being born at all

Upvote 0
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
I wouldn't bother with going back in time to experience what happened in the past, what's done is done. just accept it and move on.

Upvote 0
F

fightingforchoice

Sep 14, 2023
If you could travel back in time and prevent certain events from happening, what date would you want to go back to? And would it stop you from wanting to ctb?

Mine would be to go back to 20th May 2023 and stop myself from essentially making the biggest mistake of my life and ruining my future.
Yep - pre life ruining mistake in Oct 2022!

Upvote 1
Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
Eeehhhh I don't think this would work for me. Sure I could prevent some traumas but not the ones from when I was a little baby. Instead of time travel I'd need to reconfigure my entire family dynamic and be born to different, (and I feel a pang a guilt saying this) better, more loving and able parents.

Upvote 0
drennedrat

drennedrat

Jun 12, 2023
There are so many things I wish I could go back and change. I just don't think in the end it would make a major difference because I'd still end up developing bipolar and having my brain deteriorate as it cycles on and on. But yea I think a lot of my problems could be solved if I went back 5 years.

Upvote 0
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
I would travel to age 9/10 and fail the entrance exam that led to me having to change schools. The reason I didn't at the time was because my mother threatened to kill me and based off that sentence alone, I'd likely still be fucked up (but maybe less so since I wouldn't have had to deal with social isolation/bullying). That or I go back to when I contacted a suicide hotline at 7 and actually tell the cops I intended to hang myself instead of just staying silent and having my mother paint me as an attention seeker. (I hate the public mental health system and cops and all but genuinely curious to see how they would've responded to a literal child doing all that)

Upvote 0
nofunclub

nofunclub

all in all, it’s just another brick in the wall
Jul 17, 2023
I dunno… I mean my instinct is to go back to the night I was raped and not go to the party. But I would still have had the same group of dorm mates/friends in the same party culture, so like… who is to say that it wouldn't just happen on another day? There are also choices I made which affected my professional life that I would have liked to have done differently. But there's no guarantee the alternative would have been better, I guess. Thinking about time travel always makes my brain hurt 😅.

To answer the spirit of the question - I don't think there's anything intrinsically about myself that has suicide encoded. I've fought as hard as I can to try to get better from my mental illnesses. I think it's more a result of a chain reaction of unfortunate events being too overpowering for me to survive. So if I could go back and stop that chain of events, and have a guarantee that the alternative wouldn't be worse, then I don't think I would be suicidal.

Upvote 0
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
I would restart middle school and high school and try to find a girlfriend then. If I had a girlfriend I would probably never have found this place.

Upvote 0