• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
One day I was in my teenage years enjoying life with friends, the next I'm rotting at 23. I don't even remember much of what I did the past 7~ or so years. I hung out with a few people in that time frame, more now than ever, but most of it was spent rotting while I listened to music, played guitar, or read manga. Can't believe it's already 2024, everything post Covid has been a blur.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: snow-angel, divinemistress36, soulkitty and 11 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Everything post high school is like a mirage to me, a time that never existed.

• Love
Reactions: Whatever♡, soulkitty, davidtorez and 3 others
T

ThisGameIsOverrated

I need RCs
May 6, 2024
Feels the opposite to me, the day I finally get to CTB couldn't come any slower

Reactions: davidtorez, JKFleck, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
life goes by way too slow in my opinion boredom

Reactions: davidtorez, JKFleck, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
One day I was in my teenage years enjoying life with friends, the next I'm rotting at 23. I don't even remember much of what I did the past 7~ or so years. I hung out with a few people in that time frame, more now than ever, but most of it was spent rotting while I listened to music, played guitar, or read manga. Can't believe it's already 2024, everything post Covid has been a blur.
Eternally relevant.

Is this a copypasta? Unusual of you to refer to your lifestyle as "rotting." Still, I'm relating more and more. I'll tell you what's starting to change is that I'm becoming indifferent to it. Like the song says, "every year is getting shorter." I usually make a series of YouTube videos to share with a friend group at a certain time of year and I'm thinking of telling them it's not happening this year because I just don't have the time and I'm too tired.
life goes by way too slow in my opinion boredom
And this, too. It's simultaneously too slow and fast. It's what happens when most of your waking time is spent slaving away.

Reactions: Rocinante, davidtorez and sserafim
Nobody Special

Nobody Special

Jun 4, 2024
I feel the same way. I am stuck at 14 because that is when I died.

• Love
Reactions: Whatever♡, snow-angel, davidtorez and 5 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It really does but sometimes it also feels like it's going too slow.

Reactions: davidtorez, ijustwishtodie and sserafim
L

LifeIsBS

Soon
Jun 1, 2024
same for me, it goes too fast, it just feels unreal sometimes.

Reactions: davidtorez and pthnrdnojvsc
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
Time is so weird in the way that perception, imagination, and memory distort it. It's dizzying. Def an aspect of my existential discomfort personally.

For those that are philosophically inclined, I recommend this video essay. It's a part of a series on a text by Delueze (one of my fave philosophers). It includes an interesting take on our synthesis of time.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and davidtorez
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Time passes much faster than humans realize. That makes life even less meaningful. It's already without meaning but realizing life and these supposedly enjoyable things are very fleeting..... Is this why I have to work so hard and risk unbearable pain for meaningless extremely fleeting things? And you don't really remember the pleasurable crap only the horrible things. The horror is that ONLY when u are suffering unbearable pain does a second seem like a long time. Extreme pain must be avoided at all costs . There is no reason to risk constant unbearable pain

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicolo cieco, sserafim and davidtorez
Fragile_

Fragile_

cold as ice
Jun 2, 2024
Everything after 2020 doesn't feel real.

Reactions: Arachno, sserafim and davidtorez
yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
Time is so weird in the way that perception, imagination, and memory distort it
What is time other than petception, imagination, and memory?

I might watch the video later. I've been intruiged by Deleuze's philosophy for a while, but never found the time (heh), nor the courage to delve into it.

Reactions: davidtorez and _AllCatsAreGrey_
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
My sense of time is non-existent, I feel as if I am in a simulation, and I often doubt my existence.

K

kyhoti

May 27, 2024
Imagine, if you will, the way I'm feeling at 53. Just yesterday, I was 23, serving in the Navy and having a fine "time" outdrinking my shipmates and being an overall shithead. Now I have two kids in college and am slowly dying as a result of a life poorly spent. Perspective.

• Hugs
Reactions: Whatever♡ and _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I might watch the video later. I've been intruiged by Deleuze's philosophy for a while, but never found the time (heh), nor the courage to delve into it.
Nice. I'd be interested to hear what you think. The whole series on Difference and Repetition is great.

Reactions: derpyderpins
glossble

glossble

homesick ⭒
Apr 14, 2023
Time definently moves slower when we are younger. As a child, you learn something new almost every day; your brain needs more time to process incoming information. With age, you become more and more bogged down in routine work, which is repeated day after day, so that all memories of it are completely washed out of your memory, leaving there only the brightest moments of life, causing the feeling that time is passing faster. Aging sucks 😕

Quick google search: "Your brain has more information to process. This could be why the passage of time is perceived as moving slower. It appears that after age 20, time begins to move quicker due to reduced release of dopamine levels, in line with reduced "novel" stimuli. In other words — less new experiences under the sun."

• Informative
Reactions: Whatever♡, Vicolo cieco, divinemistress36 and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Time is so weird in the way that perception, imagination, and memory distort it. It's dizzying. Def an aspect of my existential discomfort personally.

For those that are philosophically inclined, I recommend this video essay. It's a part of a series on a text by Delueze (one of my fave philosophers). It includes an interesting take on our synthesis of time.

It's so weird that time flies when you're having fun but a watched pot never boils. When you don't enjoy something or are waiting, it feels like time drags on forever

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, derpyderpins and _AllCatsAreGrey_
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
I often feel the same.
I really don't know how I lived for 21 years. I feel like the last 6 years have been like a year. 2016 feels like it was 3 years ago at most. I still feel like a teenager.

Reactions: sserafim
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
It's so weird that time flies when you're having fun but a watched pot never boils. When you don't enjoy something or are waiting, it feels like time drags on forever
There's this weird thing for me (maybe wage slaves generally, but I assume it's mostly for neurodivergent wage slaves) where I have something to do, I hate it, I don't want to do it, my anxiety makes me unable to do it, but I need to get it done by a certain time, and when that is happening I feel like time is moving so slowly, but I also look down at the clock and panic at how much time has passed while I've gotten nothing done. It's a strange "worst of both worlds" hell.

Reactions: sserafim
yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
Nice. I'd be interested to hear what you think. The whole series on Difference and Repetition is great.
I tried to watch it, but got lost very early on in the video -- way too abstract for my liking (and understanding). You would probably need to start at the beginning of the series in order to make sense of it.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I tried to watch it, but got lost very early on in the video -- way too abstract for my liking (and understanding). You would probably need to start at the beginning of the series in order to make sense of it.
Completely understandable. Delueze is notoriously complicated and not everyone's cup of tea. I've been studying him since I was in college, off and on, and I still get confused. lol

Reactions: yellowjester