• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sorrowed_ender

sorrowed_ender

You should never trust the Pantaloon
Mar 3, 2023
I wanna bring up to my psych that antidepressants dont help, and I'm kinda scared of ketamine infusions haha, and I heard about TMS therapy, but also I don't know much about the bad experiences, which I knoe for some there are people who have had issues with it, so I wanna ask how yall feel about TMS therapy?

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Never heard of it before, just checked it out and it sounds interesting. Did you look if it is available near you and if it's expensive?

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
It didn't help me but everything is YMV. Out of ECT, TMS, and ketamine TMS is definitely the least invasive.

Are you afraid of what it'll be like when intoxicated with ketamine? For what it's worth most people find that experience pleasurable.

Reactions: sorrowed_ender
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
look at adding Zinc to the anti-depressant. That's the latest interesting research I found. If you are not on meds atm, try St John's Wort 900 mg a day. Erm the reason I said those first is I had three days of relief from rTMS in total. 30 sessions, £7000. Also, the rTMS research: if it helps , how long for? Maintenance treatments? My suspicion is that if you get lucky with ketamine it would provide better relief.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
The SAINT one might be better. It said 80 per cent in remission…I don't want to be negative about it, but the research was promising (but also maybe limited or biased as on the TMS company website)…but my results much less. However, even three days of remission was something. The day it worked I said I wanted to marry the machine..

sorrowed_ender

sorrowed_ender

You should never trust the Pantaloon
Mar 3, 2023
Never heard of it before, just checked it out and it sounds interesting. Did you look if it is available near you and if it's expensive?
yeah I think it's covered by my insurance, theres a few places in my state I can drive to easily to get it.