• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
i've seen some posts online that were saying how therapy profits off of shoving meds into someone and isn't a useful or corrupt system and all that. i was wondering about your thoughts on this, as i'm sure many people here have been or been wanting to go to therapy.

personally therapy hasn't really helped for me. i've been through around 5 therapists, and i repeat the same patterns. lying to them, shutting down mid session, not getting anything out of it and forgetting everything i had learnt. don't get me started on CBT therapy. it feels like a complete scam.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I don't really see my wish to die as an illness rather existence itself is completely undesirable and the true problem so therapy is a scam to me, it's to profit from suffering. I think those who are more likely to go there will be in the recovery section of the site in my opinion, for me personally I just want to not exist and that is all, I never wished for something so cruel and harmful as existence in the first place, wanting to die is all that makes sense to me.

4.I.2.Must.Die

4.I.2.Must.Die

Up with life I cannot put 🙅 ✋ Where's the exit 🔚
Nov 8, 2023
i've seen some posts online that were saying how therapy profits off of shoving meds into someone and isn't a useful or corrupt system and all that. i was wondering about your thoughts on this, as i'm sure many people here have been or been wanting to go to therapy.

personally therapy hasn't really helped for me. i've been through around 5 therapists, and i repeat the same patterns. lying to them, shutting down mid session, not getting anything out of it and forgetting everything i had learnt. don't get me started on CBT therapy. it feels like a complete scam.
This possibly belongs in the recovery section.
My advice is seek a psychologist who practices psychodynamic talking therapy. Sertraline is one of the 2 go-to meds. Some people can't be fixed enough though but I hope this helps.

pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
This possibly belongs in the recovery section.
My advice is seek a psychologist who practices psychodynamic talking therapy. Sertraline is one of the 2 go-to meds. Some people can't be fixed enough though but I hope this helps.
sorry about the wrong section. i wasn't sure if they'd want me to doubt therapy in there. but i will remember that category for the future.
i'll have to research that type of therapy. thank you :)

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
I've tried therapy and talking sessions and they only exasperated my feelings of hopelessness. However, everybody is different so bear that in mind. I just take pills now, and they barely scratch the surface anymore. Good luck to you.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Many people think that therapy works like a magic wand. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. If someone wants to fight for their life, therapy is of course necessary, but not always sufficient. Sometimes you can do everything right and still lose. If someone's life is shitty and they are constantly being hit by the world, normal therapy won't help much. It all also depends on how sick the person is. If someone feels mentally worse and worse, they must sign up for therapy as soon as possible. The sooner the better. A lot also depends on what kind of people we meet. Some psychologists are terrible, but there are also some very good ones. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford therapy because it is not cheap. I'm sorry you're having a negative experience.

Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
sorry about the wrong section. i wasn't sure if they'd want me to doubt therapy in there. but i will remember that category for the future.
i'll have to research that type of therapy. thank you :)
i think the thread can belong in here. personally one of the reasons i'm here is because the vast amount of therapy i've done just hasn't helped. it's made some marginal differences in my life but that's about it.
i think therapy can be good for a lot of people and is generally worth trying out if you're struggling. definitely is hard to find a therapist and type of therapy you mesh well with though

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I have nothing good to say, especially about 'meds'. But it is a personal decision to make. Just do research and explore every angle. To see damage meds can cause, you can visit surviving antidepressants forums for example.

I already spoke about my experience here multiple times, it ruined me.

pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
To be fair, they can't help you to their best ability if you lie to them.
you're right, i shouldn't blame that on them for my own incompetence. also, i like your profile picture :)

• Love
Reactions: Valky
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
  • Love
Reactions: pebpebpebpeb
B

bcl001

Dec 6, 2023
Therapy is what you make of it. If you don't want to be helped then you won't be. If you do, and your therapist is good then therapy can be very productive. I've had 3 therapists, the first two were mediocre (although so was my participation) and the third has been exceptional.

Of course there are limits on what you can tell them. My therapist is familiar with one of my attempts and my suicidal ideation generally however I wont't tell her the full extent (the big fuck off cylinder of nitrogen in the garage being a bit of a give away) as she has a duty of care (and reasonably so) to escalate to mental health facilities where required.

I still expect my death will be at my own hand but that's because in regards to suicide I do not wish to be helped. For those that do though, certainly give it a shot.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Therapy can be an option when you know what's causing you MH issues. Then a good therapist can develop a plan together with you how to cope with it, how to deal with it and so on. Not all MH issues can be treated with therapy and/or meds and when there're external factors causing your MH problems then therapy cannot help unless the triggers are eliminated.

Therapy and meds in psychiatry are always trial and error.

This is my personal opinion.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I go to therapy every week I love my therapist I always feel better after but it's temporary and then I go back to still hating my life
Does your therapist know that? It sounds as though they are not getting to the root of your problems. You should probably tell them if they don't already know.

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i view therapy/the entire mental health system as a scam, & as a placebo effect for those it's helped🧸or they weren't doing that badly in the 1st place. i've seen therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, psychotherapists, & counselors. they all tell u the same thing. journal, exercise, take vitamins/supplements, meditate, go on walks, be present, get sunshine, practice mindfulness, eat healthy, don't kys it's v v bad & awful, etc. all they're rlly good for is venting, & tbh, not even that. u can't be truthful w them bc they're legally obligated to throw u in a psych ward for doing so.

you're basically paying some1 to be ur friend/listen to u & give u the most asinine, bare minimum advice in return. 99% of the time i'd leave a session feeling worse, bc all i did was rehash shit i didn't wanna rehash, & left with nothingđź’€lmfao. so much $ wasted, it actually aggravates me to think abt.

Last edited:
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Does your therapist know that? It sounds as though they are not getting to the root of your problems. You should probably tell them if they don't already know.
She knows . I have treatment resistant depression and brain injury . All she can do is be there to listen and provide empathy

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
personally, I dislike how therapy is treated as a one-size-fits-all solution that can solve all problems.

it has halted progress on productive mental health and suicide discussions by pushing therapy despite it being a band-aid solution for people whose problems are much more complex. why? because pushing therapy is an easy fix that makes it easier for those in positions of power to not address the underlying causes of some of our suffering, which would require a complete overhaul and restructuring of some of our societal institutions and systems.

the rise of wellness culture over the last decade in the west has been toxic. need someone to vent to? therapy. having a bad day? sorry, you're overwhelming me, have you seen a therapist?

if you push back against the idea, and for your own good reasons, you are seen as shooting yourself in the foot and blamed for being the problem because it has done wonders for everyone else! surely, there's something wrong with you :(

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Since you did ask for thoughts regarding therapy here, I believe that it isn't really that good and that it's just an easy scam to get easy money. I believe that therapy is more so effective for those with less severe issues as opposed to those who therapy claims to advocate for (i.e. people like us who wish to be dead so badly to where we found this forum). However, I could be wrong and, after all, you never know if you don't try so, if you can reasonably afford it and think it would help you, feel free to try it. Still, I do have to agree with @rhaenyra here when they say that therapy is treated by people as this band aid to all people with all sorts of problems when it isn't that simple.

Unfortunately, I do have to see current therapy methods as equivalent to how humans view the methods used in the medival times to "cure" the black plague and so forth. I believe that it's simply ineffective to solve all issues by mere talk therapy, especially CBT when, for some people here, their thoughts aren't even distortions but rather just reality but their thoughts do get portrayed as distortions as the assumption by default is that death is bad and life is good

At best, as @hikikomorizombie said, therapy can be used as a person to vent to but, even then, venting on this site is significantly better than venting to a therapist as you won't get locked up in a psych ward for venting on this site whereas, with a therapist, you always have to walk on eggshells and worry about not sharing too much information about yourself. This is just unfair and shitty especially when venting freely could help some people

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I've been in therapy my entire life. You name a therapy program or type of therapy and I've tried it. I do genuinely believe that therapy can be helpful to a lot of people. If you have mild-moderate mental health issues and are ready to change it is often helpful. It becomes a hit or miss with chronic, severe mental health problems, like what I deal with. At this point I believe I've hit a point where there is nothing else therapy can do for me. There is nothing new they can teach me as far as skills or understanding myself better. I understand why I do things and I know every skill in the book, they just don't tend to work for me and if they do I often chose not to use them anyway. Therapy anymore is just talking about my life but being careful to not over share because I don't want to end up in the looney bin again, and thus it's rather pointless and I've stopped going. So I believe it's helpful in certain cases when someone wants it to be helpful. If you don't want to be open and honest and willing to receive help then yes it will be useless.