• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

TheLastBoyOnEarth

Jun 7, 2024
I'm watching the HBO documentary and then I'll watch the series. It's such an interesting case.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
It definitely really pushed the envelope when it came to free speech such that I read that many lawyers were surprised by the verdict. I don't know why she was so bent on her boyfriend dying. Unless she was a true narcissist and wanted attention from his death.

Reactions: TheLastBoyOnEarth
T

TheLastBoyOnEarth

Jun 7, 2024
I'm watching the documentary and apparently certain antidepressants have the side effect of causing suicidal ideation, specially in the very young, i never knew that... they said it was a contributing factor.

• Informative
Reactions: Cakeisalie and QueerMelancholy
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I'm watching the documentary and apparently certain antidepressants have the side effect of causing suicidal ideation, specially in the very young, i never knew that... they said it was a contributing factor.
Most antidepressants or related medications come with a specific warning from the manufacturers to doctors that they "can cause or worsen suicidal thoughts especially in children and adults under 25"

• Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36, Cakeisalie and TheLastBoyOnEarth
T

TheLastBoyOnEarth

Jun 7, 2024
Most antidepressants or related medications come with a specific warning from the manufacturers to doctors that they "can cause or worsen suicidal thoughts especially in children and adults under 25"

Sometimes I wonder if my very impulsive first and only attempt when I was 21 was caused in part by the sudden change in medication some days prior.

It's certainly strange how a medication may have this kind of side effect.

Reactions: Defenestration and ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Sometimes I wonder if my very impulsive first and only attempt when I was 21 was caused in part by the sudden change in medication some days prior.

It's certainly strange how a medication may have this kind of side effect.
Medications usually aren't the only thing that cause an attempt, but they can definitely be a trigger especially with sudden changes. There's a bunch of different classes of drugs & antidepressants specifically that affect the brain differently, but at the end of the day, their entire purpose is to change the chemical balance of your body. For some people & with some medications the wrong balance can send you over the edge

Reactions: divinemistress36 and TheLastBoyOnEarth
L

LostSoul1965

Experienced
Apr 15, 2024
Medications usually aren't the only thing that cause an attempt, but they can definitely be a trigger especially with sudden changes. There's a bunch of different classes of drugs & antidepressants specifically that affect the brain differently, but at the end of the day, their entire purpose is to change the chemical balance of your body. For some people & with some medications the wrong balance can send you over the edge
That is the problem with these psych meds. IMHO. Based on years of experience. One of the reasons I am in the state I am in. They prescribe these like candy not knowing how they will react with any certain person not to mention the side effects and withdrawal symptoms that can be devastating for some. The Dr 's always deny this as not being a real thing but pscyh meds. have destroyed as many lives as they have saved.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and TheLastBoyOnEarth
T

TheLastBoyOnEarth

Jun 7, 2024
Just finished the documentary. I feel bad for Conrad as he was very young and I think he could have been saved.

I feel like Michelle lost track somewhere about what was real and what was fantasy. I don't think she understood the gravity of what she was doing.

The documentary made me think about how I knew I was depressed when I was a teenager and how mental illness at such a formative period in your life can derail you forever. For people who have never had clinical depression, it must be really strange to think why a 18 year old would want to kill himself.

T

TheLastBoyOnEarth

Jun 7, 2024
Watched the first episode of the series about the case, with Elle Fanning as the girlfriend. God, it's intense. It made me think about the impact my suicide will have in my family, which is something I've thought about but not as much as I certainly do now, the date of my suicide getting closer and closer. I hope they will be fine, as much as they can be given the circumstances.

T

TheLastBoyOnEarth

Jun 7, 2024
i'm listening to a podcast about the case, the 18yo boy killed himself with CO poisoning in his car, i wonder if it's as easy as they say, so easy that a 18 yo can do it. i've heard it's painfree.