fultron12

fultron12

Oct 4, 2021
i know there is already an art megathread, but i got quite a lot of photos to post, so i figured id just start my own.

I specialize in lowlight photography, stuff taken at night and in the dark. Id LOVE some genuine thoughts on my work. Sometimes its just a neat nightscape, and sometimes i make photos based around a feeling or a mental illness like depression or depersonalization

R0004116
These next few photos, i wanted to convey that feeling of disassociation, when you cant handle the world and just blend into your surroundings. I really wanted to make this photo "beautifully ugly" with clashing colors, breaking standard compositional rules, howd i do? I worked really hard to make sure these would instill a lovecraftian fight-or-flight response in the viewer. I dont think ive ever seen any artist realistically portray this feeling, so i gave it a shot

DSC 7702

DSC 7686
these next few are still playing on the feeling of disassociation.

DSC 0598
DSC 9811
DSC 6996
this one i call "prozac Withdrawals" because my doctor had cut me cold turkey on prozac after having been on it for over a year, needless to say, the sudden withdrawals were horrible. I had an episode of psychosis for about 2 weeks, id here my name being called from down a hallway, but in my car. Id hear knocking at the door every time i tried to doze off, and i dealt with severe paranoia.

The lights coming out of and around me represent the emotions i couldnt regulate flying freely into the world. Id get angry and sad at every little thing people told me.

DSC 6167
This one represents the depression fog you get lost in. When time is meaningless, and every day feels exactly the same. You think of everything and nothing all at once
DSC 8250
Next are some landscape pics, i try to capture a "feeling" and not a photo, if that makes sense.

DSC 1567
DSC 8767
R0003234
Next are some more self portraits

R0002980
R0002969

this one, i used an old sony tape camcorder to achieve this lo-fi glitch effect
R0005877
These next few are some dark abstract ideas i had

R0007571
Flags
R0007467

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Seaghost, auror., All Things Must Pass and 11 others
S

spinningharmonica

Sep 2, 2021
Wow I like some of your photos especially the power line one. How did you capture the eighth photo?

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
Damn. You're really good!! I'm no expert, of course, but I'm officially astonished!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

• Hugs
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I really like the one on that dark forrest/country road.

• Hugs
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
You are definitely very talented.

Very expressive pictures.

• Hugs
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Your outdoor and abstract photography looks great! My favorite photographs are #1, #2, #4 - #7, #9 - #11, and #14 - #16.

The second picture has a cybernetic/technological feel to it. Photo #7 also shares that element to a smaller degree.

Photos #4 - #6 bring to mind of ethereal beings. Photos #4 and #6 remind me of ghosts or forest spirits, while the figure in photo #5 looks more powerful and godlike.

Photo #11 is a nice spooky atmosphere with its straightforward red and black color contrast, the powerline cutting across the image, and the harsh, jagged and needle-tipped appearance of the trees. The trees could also be interpreted as a black vascular system.

I like the placement of the bar of distortion in photo #14. It appears to be partially censoring the person's identity. The grainy video quality looks like it would belong in a horror scene, like in an ARG or found footage film. The white triangle on the right side of the person's hair is a nice touch.

In photo #15, I like how the angled piece of scotch tape is placed in the upper right corner above the web of cracks, and how the center of the web is situated just below the horizon. The bright spot slightly above the web's center seems to indicate where the sun will rise.

Finally, photo #16 has a great color scheme of blues, purples, grays, and browns. I really like how the three cloths are oriented in the center, and the formation of each individual cloth in the air.

• Love
iamthewalrus

iamthewalrus

certified idiot
Aug 27, 2021
pretty cool. i used to do some photography too

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I don't have anything very constructive to say other than I enjoy your photography. Keep it up, you've got talent.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
The abstract and dissociation ones appeal to me a lot.
this one, i used an old sony tape camcorder to achieve this lo-fi glitch effect
~ v a p o r w a v e ~

• Hugs
Reactions: fultron12