Yagami

Yagami

Nov 29, 2021
If one wants it to be documented it shouldn't be done on mainstream stream sites like Twitch or it could be taken done pretty quick

Should be comfortable with the idea of NYT identifying and writing about you in their next hit piece

Reactions: mytime and height jumper 69
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
It's kinda neat honestly. We are a technological exhibitionist civilization at this point, why waste some shocking material and attention, even if it's posthumously.

But the ones I saw often lacked some kind of introduction. If I am going to watch a suicide I would want to be given context.

Reactions: stermc, height jumper 69 and som1
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
It would only end up on some sort of gore site and I wouldn't want any of my family to stumble across it.

Reactions: MiMif
ghostunderthelight

ghostunderthelight

the stars are pretty tonight
Feb 26, 2022
For myself, no. I would prefer some modicum of privacy in my final moments. As well as the fact it would spread over the internet.
For others, it's their choice. Of course, it would be better if they kept it out of the public eye, both for their benefit and for the benefit of the general public.
I find watching people ctb quite interesting, and I'm sure there's similar people out there.

Reactions: thrutrekfinaly
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Never seen a livestream but I've heard a few, and rather not go into details.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Bad, ghoulish, voyeuristic.

Reactions: dazed_dreamer and Foresight
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe that someones last moments should be private, therefore I do not agree with it. I think it is quite disturbing that there are videos of ctb on the internet, in my opinion to watch one is disrespectful to those that have passed away. People can read about ctb if they want to do research. I could never watch one, it would traumatise me.

Reactions: Empyress
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I wouldn't understand why a person transmits such an important moment to a lot of strangers, I've watched many gore videos and some were made live on Facebook where people ctb

Reactions: Empyress
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Why? That's what I think, and I've never heard a good answer.

S

som1

Dec 22, 2021
I believe it's because people want attention and that's totally normal. I had many thoughts about ctbing in front of people so people can recognize my pain and acknowledge my existence. I ofc will never do that cause that's reckless and also even tho I always imagine myself in the spotlight I actually don't like it when it happens.

Reactions: height jumper 69 and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
For the same reason people draw graffiti. A necessity to leave a mark, be seen or express yourself.

Reactions: nembutal, c0rbasson, stermc and 2 others
W

Wait-Bus

Student
Sep 20, 2022
Isn't the choice to live steam your exit the same kind of choice on your method? In fact, live streaming is part of the method they have chosen.

It may not be something I understand or care to watch. But should I pass judgment on it? Other than say, it should not be widely available where children or others might stumble on it - such as a Facebook live event.

StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
Imo it's pretty distasteful. If you choose to end your life it has nothing to do with anyone else but yourself.

cherrysquick

cherrysquick

want to be pretty even when i'm dead
May 6, 2023
old thread but figured id share my feedback anyway since i wanted to make a similar post. i watch gore content because of morbid curiosity and honestly id love to livestream my cbt. this might seem a bit silly but i feel like they always get shared around platforms even years later and personally i dont feel like im gonna be remembered in any different, significant way, so i wouldnt mind people online talking about me and reposting the vid. i think my friends and family will forget about me quite fast and im not famous or anything, so i realistically wont leave anything behind after i go. sure, my close ones seeing the video would suck, but the thought that ill be remembered by at least a few people online seems comforting. typing this made me realize one of my biggest fears is being forgotten completely lol

charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
If it's streamed only to people who consent to viewing it (ofc the doer also consent), then that's alright. But I'm fully against doing that to a large audience that don't know what they're about to see. It can be very traumatizing for the witnesses.

J

Jallu55

Apr 3, 2023
I think clips from streamed suicides like McNutt are quite powerful and I like them (I guess I like the liberation from suffering aspect or something since I don't think I would enjoy gore where hurting others is involved very much), Personally I don't think I have ever been traumatized by things I have saw on the Internets but of course trolling campaigns where they post stuff like this on TikTok and such do sound pretty horrible if you would happen to be sensitive to such things.

Since I have never streamed or vlogged or anything I don't think I would stream such thing if it were to happen but there is something attractive about sharing it even if it would be just blatant attention whoring at the last minute.

ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
I am okay about it as long as people respect the places it may appear to live.

As for my CTB - it's a choice I have made, and I'd be happy to share my plans in a PM