• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I just saw this, and the ending of the movie took me completely off guard. It was definitely a head-scratcher, and it bothered me at first, but I kind of see what the movie was going for.

Beyond division - united we stand, divided we fall shit - apathy is any nation's greatest enemy.

Artistically, I feel like the point could have been made better, but the jarring ending definitely garnered the film a ton of attention and discussion.

I also feel like the movie makes a broader point about the nature of human relationships. We all say we desire closeness, but we don't necessarily want to grapple with the hardship that sometimes requires. People pick up friends and lovers like they would a new album or a new flavor of boba tea - selected on a whim out of countless options and abandoned at the drop of a hat. Perhaps the modern man and woman lacks the maturity to deal with the flaws of people they claim to love.

Like the little girl believes at the end of the movie, life is supposed to be a fun fest without sacrifice in such a life. Imaginary friends dreamed up through fictional stories can't hurt you or abandon you, and they require no commitment.

Last edited: