W

wereqryan

Experienced
Dec 22, 2018
Could sodium thiopental be a substitute to N? Thiopental's molecule is near identical to N's. Would thio be equally bioavailable as N if I drink it? PPH says thio powder can be mixed with water and ingested.

Reactions: Euthanza, Depressed Cat and lobster salad
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
Thiopental is even more fast acting than pentobarbital so you really would need to make sure that you'd ingest the proper amount before passing out.

Reactions: Euthanza, PeacefulTonic, lobster salad and 1 other person
Tamara Tami

Tamara Tami

Student
Sep 15, 2021
Thiopental is even more fast acting than pentobarbital so you really would need to make sure that you'd ingest the proper amount before passing out.
interesting, can you share some links of studies about that Thiopental is even more fast acting than pentobarbital please, hope your understanding, tks in advance

intr0verse

intr0verse

Experienced
Jan 29, 2021
Yes, thiopental should work but prepare for one of the worst taste you've ever had. Having suphur in its molecule, it will taste pretty much like rotten eggs.
It"s precisely the very fast-acting property that concerns me. Sure, to induce anesthesia it work wonderful, but will it stay in the brain long enough to hyperbolize the neurons, some portion of it will because it converts to pentobarbital in the liver, but what about the rest of it; will be enough to cause death? That's something i don't know.

Reactions: David8886, Euthanza and PeacefulTonic
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
interesting, can you share some links of studies about that Thiopental is even more fast acting than pentobarbital please, hope your understanding, tks in advance
From Wikipedia:

"Sodium thiopental, also known as Sodium Pentothal (a trademark of Abbott Laboratories), thiopental, thiopentone, or Trapanal (also a trademark), is a rapid-onset short-acting barbiturate general anesthetic."

"Pentobarbital (previously known as pentobarbitone in Britain and Australia) is a short-acting barbiturate typically used as a sedative, a preanesthetic, and to control convulsions in emergencies."

Reactions: Euthanza
Tamara Tami

Tamara Tami

Student
Sep 15, 2021
From Wikipedia:

"Sodium thiopental, also known as Sodium Pentothal (a trademark of Abbott Laboratories), thiopental, thiopentone, or Trapanal (also a trademark), is a rapid-onset short-acting barbiturate general anesthetic."

"Pentobarbital (previously known as pentobarbitone in Britain and Australia) is a short-acting barbiturate typically used as a sedative, a preanesthetic, and to control convulsions in emergencies."
tks but this quote doesnt say that Thiopental is even more fast acting than pentobarbital

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Yes, thiopental should work but prepare for one of the worst taste you've ever had. Having suphur in its molecule, it will taste pretty much like rotten eggs.
It"s precisely the very fast-acting property that concerns me. Sure, to induce anesthesia it work wonderful, but will it stay in the brain long enough to hyperbolize the neurons, some portion of it will because it converts to pentobarbital in the liver, but what about the rest of it; will be enough to cause death? That's something i don't know.
How is it compared to SN?

David8886

David8886

Nov 18, 2021
Are you a pharmacist

HopefulButPrepared

HopefulButPrepared

Experienced
Jun 22, 2022
something like this I would just use to cause myself to full hang and be unconscious for the dying bit

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Thiopental is harder to find than N.

alexx_m

alexx_m

Nov 14, 2023
Could sodium thiopental be a substitute to N? Thiopental's molecule is near identical to N's. Would thio be equally bioavailable as N if I drink it? PPH says thio powder can be mixed with water and ingested.
I don't recall seeing Thiopental in PPH, which version of the book is this in? Thanks!

Reactions: Willy Wonka
intr0verse

intr0verse

Experienced
Jan 29, 2021
I don't recall seeing Thiopental in PPH, which version of the book is this in? Thanks!
All versions, under "Other useful barbiturates" subcategory, alongside phenobarbital.

Reactions: David8886 and alexx_m
intr0verse

intr0verse

Experienced
Jan 29, 2021
Phenobarbital is lethal in overdose but it will take longer than N so make sure you won't be found too early. How long it will take, i don't know. PPeH says a few hours, others recommend ensuring you won't be found for 72 hours. I personally don't think it will take that long but better safe than sorry.
Alcohol and benzodiazepines will enhance the effects of barbiturates and you'd want to use an antiemetic to prevent yourself from vomiting. Plase note that, if you crush the pills (assuming that's what you have), the resulting powder won't completely dissolve in water, it will be more like a suspension of very fine particles, depending on how well you crush the pills.