K

kane9191kosugi

Sep 20, 2023
I was wondering how people in this forum think about the compensation fee after they CTB.

I was looking through the forum and thought inert gas was the most painless and easiest method (in terms of being able to acquire it), but there are few obstacles for me.

First one is the compensation fee which will likely go to my mother. I'm living in Japan, and I'm Japanese btw. My father is currently arrested for financial reasons and my mother (who divorced) is currently living through her savings and part time job.
I don't want to really put my mother in a place where she is financially burdened with crazy debt, but what are realistic options for me to CTB without getting any compensation?

Second one is the place to CTB by using inert gas without getting any compensation. I thought of using it inside my rent apartment, but that will likely lead to huge compensation as there are many essay mangas in Japan that actually shows the families of people who managed to CTB.
Few that I can think of are parks (or washrooms inside the park), rivers (under the bridge or inside a tent for example), forests, but I don't know if carrying one or two inert gas tanks with all the other tools necessary are realistic.

Man, I just want to end this current suffering, so why the hell do I have to think about the afterlife lol. I just want to leave peacefully asap.

Sorry for the long post! Looking forward to all your opinions on this matter.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lwlaiet8887, avaruus, SexyIncél and 1 other person
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
I don't know what a compensation fee is in this context. Is it some sort of life insurance? In the West, most or all life insurance policies don't cover suicide.

K

kane9191kosugi

Sep 20, 2023
I don't know what a compensation fee is in this context. Is it some sort of life insurance? In the West, most or all life insurance policies don't cover suicide.
No, I was talking about the cost which the landlord or some kind of owner would likely demand the families of people who CTB. I don't want to leave a huge amount of debt to my mother, so I was wondering if there were options where I can CTB without getting some crazy debt to my parents for CTB.
I want to use the inert gas method, but it makes it difficult if I can't do it inside a house/apartment room or some kind of housing right? Because carrying one or two tanks of inert gas with all the equipments are pretty unrealistic imo (unless if that's the only option left for me).

The life insurance part is same with Japan as well btw (or probably most of the countries as well).

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sep 24, 2023
I don't see why your mother would be held liable for such a fee. The landlord would probably have to cut their losses. They probably have insurance for these sort of situations anyway.

Reactions: yyytry
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
why would there be a fee on your family if you ctb unless it was extremely messy/damaging and required professional cleanup/work?

also since youre in japan would you ever try going to aokigahara? just curious, i know hanging isnt the only method people use there

Last edited:
K

kane9191kosugi

Sep 20, 2023
I don't see why your mother would be held liable for such a fee. The landlord would probably have to cut their losses. They probably have insurance for these sort of situations anyway.
Are you sure about it? I think the landlord has to confess to the new borrower that this is a room where someone CTB, which makes it difficult for the landlord to get a new contract.

Also nobody would want to live in a room where someone CTB, which results in some kind of demand for compensation.

There is an essay manga (based on real life experienece) where the wife of a husband who commuted CTB in an apartment was demanded 10 million dollar from the landlord. I don't think this is kind of anomaly (atleast in Japan).

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Have you considered the suicide forest in Japan?

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Maybe you could just rent a large commercial van and use that space. If you get one with no windows, it will give privacy.

K

kane9191kosugi

Sep 20, 2023
why would there be a fee on your family if you ctb unless it was extremely messy/damaging and required professional cleanup/work?

also since youre in japan would you ever try going to aokigahara? just curious, i know hanging isnt the only method people use there
I mean, even if I CTB by using inert gas, wouldn't it require some sort of cleanup/work (especially if I was found like couple days or weeks later)?
Also, I just can't believe the landlord would be "ok" with the whole situation and cut the losses lol. There are numerous cases where they would demand the family members or relatives some kind of compensation fee for tarnishing their house/apartment since the landowner has to reveal the new borrower that somebody CTB, which will make it difficult to get a new contract.

As for aokigahara, I'm not too sure. I think people outside of Japan overhype it WAAAY too much as this "gloomy suicide forest" thing but in reality it's just a forest where there tourists and guides go for a nice walk. It's actually very beautiful btw. But I do know there are people who CTB there (the forest is massive so not sure exactly where).

The thought of me not being found by anyone and decaying while getting eaten by bugs and rodents is pretty disgusting, but again, I'm dead so there is that lol. My family members won't like it though lol.
Maybe you could just rent a large commercial van and use that space. If you get one with no windows, it will give privacy.
I guess that's one option, but wouldn't the company (or owner) sue you for the van?

Even dying costs so much money in this godawful world lol.

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sep 24, 2023
Are you sure about it? I think the landlord has to confess to the new borrower that this is a room where someone CTB, which makes it difficult for the landlord to get a new contract.

Well, I can't be 100% certain as I'm not familiar with the law in Japan. I'd be surprised if your mother could be held liable by law unless she'd signed something accepting to be a guarantor on your behalf.

Certainly, if a loved one of mine ctbed and their landlord wanted a "fee", I'd have no hesitation in telling them to get lost.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

Jul 18, 2023
I mean, even if I CTB by using inert gas, wouldn't it require some sort of cleanup/work (especially if I was found like couple days or weeks later)?
Also, I just can't believe the landlord would be "ok" with the whole situation and cut the losses lol. There are numerous cases where they would demand the family members or relatives some kind of compensation fee for tarnishing their house/apartment since the landowner has to reveal the new borrower that somebody CTB, which will make it difficult to get a new contract.

As for aokigahara, I'm not too sure. I think people outside of Japan overhype it WAAAY too much as this "gloomy suicide forest" thing but in reality it's just a forest where there tourists and guides go for a nice walk. It's actually very beautiful btw. But I do know there are people who CTB there (the forest is massive so not sure exactly where).

The thought of me not being found by anyone and decaying while getting eaten by bugs and rodents is pretty disgusting, but again, I'm dead so there is that lol. My family members won't like it though lol.

I guess that's one option, but wouldn't the company (or owner) sue you for the van?

Even dying costs so much money in this godawful world lol.

I'm not sure tbh. Perhaps you could buy a very old cheap used van that nobody wants anymore?

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
do you live with your mother? i dont know how it works with landlords in japan but theres usually 0 grounds to charge a family member for paramedics to come and pick up a body and literally no one to charge if whoever ctb lives alone. look through the fine print on your tenant contract and see if theres a death clause or if its hidden into damages with vague wording

I

iyusof

Sep 24, 2023
Maybe the customs and laws are different in Japan.

Most countries, your debt dies with you if you have no guarantors. And your landlord has no right to seek compensation from you, at most your remaining pre-paid rent and deposit will get burnt.

K

kane9191kosugi

Sep 20, 2023
Have you considered the suicide forest in Japan?

I already replied to another user but I think aokigahara is pretty overrated (especially among people outside Japan). It's actually a forest where quite a lot of people visit, with tourists and guides and just random people in general just to have a nice walk inside the forest. It's very beautiful btw.
It's not really this "gloomy deathcult-esque forest" that people in internet are hyping and making it out to be, but there are people that CTB there because it's a massive forest so if they don't want to be found or can't find a place to CTB, I guess it's a pretty famous place to go.
do you live with your mother? i dont know how it works with landlords in japan but theres usually 0 grounds to charge a family member for paramedics to come and pick up a body and literally no one to charge if whoever ctb lives alone. look through the fine print on your tenant contract and see if theres a death clause or if its hidden into damages with vague wording
No, I don't live with my mother. I'm living by myself with a new rent which I just got like a month or two ago.

I know most Japanese families can refuse or abandon inheritance, which basically "forces" the landlords to cut the loses, but I'm not sure if my mother would do it as me CTB will likely put her in a mental state of grief (or maybe not but who knows).

I will look at the tenant contract if I have the energy to do so, but I'm also mentally tired and depressed.

Last edited:
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

Jul 18, 2023
You have exceptional English btw. (sorry it just impressed me)

K

kane9191kosugi

Sep 20, 2023
Maybe the customs and laws are different in Japan.

Most countries, your debt dies with you if you have no guarantors. And your landlord has no right to seek compensation from you, at most your remaining pre-paid rent and deposit will get burnt.
I think if the family of someone who CTB refuses or abandons inheritance, than the landlord has no other way but to cut the loses, but I'm not sure if my mother will be in that mental state after seeing me dead.

I really hope you are all right about this lol. I don't know, I'm just super afraid that the landlord might demand 10 million dollar to my mother for CTB in their apartment and tarnishing the value of the housing or something crazy like that lol.
You have exceptional English btw. (sorry it just impressed me)
Sorry, I can't tell if it's sarcasm or not, but if you really mean it than thanks lol!

I spent a couple years in US and Canada when I was young so I have kept in touch with English. If not, I wouldn't have managed to find this forum in the first place (I don't think most Japanese would be able to find this place as it's in English).

Last edited:
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
I think if the family of someone who CTB refuses or abandons inheritance, than the landlord has no other way but to cut the loses, but I'm not sure if my mother will be in that mental state after seeing me dead.

I really hope you are all right about this lol. I don't know, I'm just super afraid that the landlord might demand 10 million dollar to my mother for CTB in their apartment and tarnishing the value of the housing or something crazy like that lol.

Sorry, I can't tell if it's sarcasm or not, but if you really mean it than thanks lol!

I spent a couple years in US and Canada when I was young so I have kept in touch with English. If not, I wouldn't have managed to find this forum in the first place (I don't think most Japanese would be able to find this place as it's in English).
I'm sure that the landlord is understanding, especially if you write a formal apology to the landlord for the inconveniences :)

K

kane9191kosugi

Sep 20, 2023
I'm not sure tbh. Perhaps you could buy a very old cheap used van that nobody wants anymore?
Maybe. I haven't driven in years though, so I don't think driving is really an option for me. Thanks for the advice though.
I'm sure that the landlord is understanding, especially if you write a formal apalogy to the landlord for the inconveniences :)
I hope they are as sympathetic as you say, but people are so cruel and I have trust issues to the point where I can only view the world in a skeptical way lol.

Last edited:
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

Jul 18, 2023

No it's not sarcasm. It's better than many native speakers I see posting online. :haha:

Reactions: kane9191kosugi and lita-lassi