sylvey

sylvey

I want to die slowly and painfully
Oct 11, 2023
I thought thngs couldn't get worse gaming-wise when I dropped my 3DS XL the other week and then Nintendo bitchslapped me with the announcement that they are shutting down online functions for 3DS and WiiU systems. Now, WiiU I couldn't give less of a shit about, BUT NOT MY 3DS!!! That was literally one of the few pastimes I enjoyed anymore!

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: babychickenšŸ„ and sadwriter
HollowDrop

HollowDrop

ah
Oct 4, 2023
You can still play games on the 3DS though, unless you played multiplayer games online like older Monster Hunter.

sylvey

sylvey

Oct 11, 2023
You can still play games on the 3DS though, unless you played multiplayer games online like older Monster Hunter.
you were spot on, unfortunately, that andf mariokart 7...

Actovania

Actovania

the same
Mar 30, 2023
it will make me sad because my 3ds has been broken for a long time, so i have a 3ds but i know i cannot play again for the last time. i played so so so much mariokart 7 for years

sylvey

sylvey

Oct 11, 2023
it will make me sad because my 3ds has been broken for a long time, so i have a 3ds but i know i cannot play again for the last time. i played so so so much mariokart 7 for years
Well I mean I have a bit of good news for you, if you mod your DS and get CTGP-7 (custom grand prix) you can still play online because there's going to be fan servers that will keep online play alive after the shutdown. reply if you want more info, because I have the link to the pre-flashed cartridge you can buy to mod the DS, or I can give you the link to the kartminer7 method that uses a physical or digital copy of mariokart 7 to mod your DS. You have to have a windows computer for the kartminer7 method though.

Edit: if by broken you mean the hinge broke because you dropped it, don't worry, you can just get one of those clear protective cases for it and it can still work, unless the side with wires was also damaged. This happened to mine last month and I was devastated, even though the screen still works. Even if the wires were damaged, though, that's still an easy fix, so don't worry hun, I'm devastated by this shutdown and have been helping everyone at cram school and a few others to fix+mod their DS because it's really unfair tbh

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Actovania