Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
title is description. I don't want to see people posting on a goodbye thread their concerns or knowledge of after drinking SN.. SO here is a thread to put it on. AVOID the goodbye thread please it's showing respect.

my opinion- it's a poison. No matter what prep or what meds you take prior it is deadly. ANYTHING harmful to your body is going to get some sort of negative response. Vomit - to rid body of substance, headache from low oxygen in blood, etc... here is from an article about SN in regards to feral hogs. This is what they observed- the USA has uses Australias use as the testing for certain ways to get rid of wild hogs. SN is used to get rid of wild hogs. So using what they say about how it affects hogs you can be sure in some order it will affect us the same way.

" The poison, sodium nitrite, kills pigs within hours after they eat large concentrations of it, federal researchers say. Swine become lethargic, lie down and die, usually after falling into a coma. By reducing oxygen being carried in blood to tissues, sodium nitrite kills in a way similar to carbon monoxide poisoning. The USDA says hogs don't feel pain, making it a humane way to eliminate them."

MY opinion and beyond has been edited in

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, glitchgirl, InterstateFlowers and 4 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I had another thought about a goodbye thread and that is they get banned very fast so we don't know if there was a successful ctb or not. If they ended up surviving somehow we don't know it. It makes sense to post the final moments in the chat and have someone copy them to another thread not labeled as a goodbye thread like willitpass did. In this way if she ended up surviving she could come back to let us know.

Reactions: Disappointered, Stick, Rn110bg101 and 3 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I had another thought about a goodbye thread and that is they get banned very fast so we don't know if there was a successful ctb or not. If they ended up surviving somehow we don't know it.

if they survive I'm sure they will pop in and tell us. The poster of that thread asked her BF to get help- she may still be here if given meth blue. When she is released from hospitals she surely will come back. They can asked to be unbanned

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
if they survive I'm sure they will pop in and tell us
Yes but not if their account was banned. My point was that if they post the final moments in the chat, instead of a goodbye thread, they won't be banned and can come back to tell us about what happened.

Reactions: Sinkinshyp
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
also- I have seen those banned and know they are gone- but someone goes on their account. So it's not a reliable method to tell if they're here or not.
Yes but not if their account was banned.

they can ask to have it unbanned- that they survived the mods will unban it

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
also- I have seen those banned and know they are gone- but someone goes on their account. So it's not a reliable method to tell if they're here or not.
That's always a combination of creepy and mysterious, not knowing who was logged in to their account. I haven't seen anyone log in to a banned account.
they can ask to have it unbanned- that they survived the mods will unban it
I haven't seen that happen yet but maybe so. How would the mods know it was the same person? It could be anyone.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
That's always a combination of creepy and mysterious, not knowing who was logged in to their account. I haven't seen anyone log in to a banned account.

I haven't seen that happen yet but maybe so. How would the mods know it was the same person? It could be anyone.

not sure this will work. If not look at the last page on @sagajin page

Per the rules of the forum, the mods will ban your account when you create a Goodbye thread. It is for your own protection. If the user is well, they can appeal to have their account re-instated.
now if you are responding by saying safe journey to a goodbye thread thats fine but don't discuss the details of if they suffered or what happens after drinking SN use this thread or create a new one. Leave the goodbye thread to say goodbye, it's respectful that way

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I respect willitpass. We all do. That wasn't actually a goodbye thread since she was posting on the chat and someone was copying what she said. If it was a goodbye thread it would have had her account banned.

Reactions: Panna and Sinkinshyp
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I respect willitpass. We all do. That wasn't actually a goodbye thread since she was posting on the chat and someone was copying what she said. If it was a goodbye thread it would have had her account banned.

I took it as a goodbye thread my bus is coming... and just wanted to redirect discussion beyond saying goodbye to here. Since she experienced pain and asked her bf to get help the thread trailed off just goodbye into what happens after drinking SN so thought I'd try to divert those questions this way.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I took it as a goodbye thread my bus is coming... and just wanted to redirect discussion beyond saying goodbye to here. Since she experienced pain and asked her bf to get help the thread trailed off just goodbye into what happens after drinking SN so thought I'd try to divert those questions this way.
I'm not totally convinced she actually did ctb.

Niirvana

Niirvana

♥Soon♥
Sep 18, 2020
I think that beyond telling us about the symptoms they have at the time of ingesting the SN, they want to share their last moments with us to feel accompanied, and also provide more data to the community about this method.

Reactions: waived, Disappointered, pthnrdnojvsc and 4 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I think that beyond telling us about the symptoms they have at the time of ingesting the SN, they want to share their last moments with us to feel accompanied, and also provide more data to the community about this method. I don't think those threads should be removed

I'm probably wording things wrong.. their goodbye threads should be left and people should wish them peace. But.. when their goodbye thread become a discussion about what SN does it shouldn't be on that thread. Anything beyond good bye like discussing the effects should be in a different thread. As a way to show respect. I would make a goodbye thread-but I dont want it to have a discussion about SN does this or thatI just want rest in peace replies.. if I'm explaining it right. I'm having a bad day very dizzy
I'm not totally convinced she actually did ctb.

I'm not either. If her BF took her seriously he sent ambulance to her and she could have been given meth blue. Lets see if she posts back in 3 weeks or so depending where she is. She will need to recover from the SN and then a psych stay

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
If she didn't CTB, at least the comments left behind for her along with her notes can tell her what she did wrong or what steps she missed in case she wants to try again or say fudge it, I'll just live life and grow old. Another thing is sometimes new people read a person's CTB thread to gather information on what steps they took to do the deed for successful completion. Having that community analysis can help a new person decide if this is what they want to do or not do.

I just hope that she has found a happier place though whether passed on or recovering somewhere.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
If she didn't CTB, at least the comments left behind for her along with her notes can tell her what she did wrong or what steps she missed in case she wants to try again or say fudge it, I'll just live life and grow old. Another thing is sometimes new people read a person's CTB thread to gather information on what steps they took to do the deed for successful completion. Having that community analysis can help a new person decide if this is what they want to do or not do.

I just hope that she has found a happier place though whether passed on or recovering somewhere.

I can see goodbye posts and than the steps that are happening..the replies for peace and happiness. But to discuss beyond goodbye or support if theyre asking for some guidance is they're having unusual things happening yes but make a all new thread to discuss other stuff. Maybe I'm wrong. I just think beyond peaceful journey and addressing her saying shes in pain and called for help that the discussion of what SN does should be on another thread.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
A cultural element of this community is sharing knowledge and experience. People post their symptoms to help the community learn. It's a way of expressing care and love to aid the people that come after on the same path. Discussing the results of what was reported is not intended as disrespect, but rather a way to learn and bond. It can also be a way to process and cope with what people are reading. In the persons goodbye is an appropriate place for such conversation because it relates to that person. If the person were to come back they would see the messages of love, and the community troubleshooting for the next time if there is one. I know this seems odd, but it tends to be a cultural element of the group, and isn't done in disrespect.

Reactions: Disappointered, Panna, Rn110bg101 and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If one looks back at the oldest goodbye threads, they were not at all about the person leaving, but anything and everything else -- the method, fights, random inane and insensitive comments.

The spirit of the forum changed in that regard. Folks wanted to share information about the SN method to help the community, such as the regimen and symptoms experienced, but there was also a lot more respect being given to the OP, and there was an evolution to more focus on benefitting the person dying -- giving them respect and honor, telling them it was okay to change their mind, wishing them well -- than how their experience could benefit the one reading.

I was really uncomfortable with the latest SN goodbye thread, the one that inspired @Sinkinshyp to write this one, and I didn't comment about it there. I have compassion that some people may not like my saying this, but I will say it out of compassion for the whole forum, and for myself -- it felt very opportunistic and inappropriate to me to speak in that sacred space, where someone just attempted to end their life, about what more information they would like for their own attempt, measurements to take and equipment for doing so, ways to better serve and inform the community, etc. These are not bad ideas; the bad idea, to me, is turning someone's goodbye thread into anything else.

I get that a new person may ask questions, and they can be redirected to a more appropriate space for answers and questions but, you know, FYI, someone is dying here, it's about them right now, okay? Otherwise it's like a five-year-old asking loudly at a funeral about where is grandpa if he's not in his body, when will he be buried, and when will the worms start eating him? Or when folks start going on about the method and technical details, it's like all the scientists in a lab are having a meeting in the aisle during the funeral. And then there's the movie theater aspect, the suspense over the dying, the death or rescue -- wide-eyed, gripping the seat and, at the lowest, filling gawping mouths with popcorn, merely entertained.

There, it's off my chest now. I don't expect it to have any major impact, and I don't claim perfection myself, but thank you, @Sinkinshyp, for creating a space where I felt it was appropriate as well as safer to say it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: less than, Brackenshire, muffin222 and 6 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
If one looks back at the oldest goodbye threads, they were not at all about the person leaving, but anything and everything else -- the method, fights, random inane and insensitive comments.

The spirit of the forum changed in that regard. Folks wanted to share information about the SN method to help the community, such as the regimen and symptoms experienced, but there was also a lot more respect being given to the OP, and there was an evolution to more focus on benefitting the person dying -- giving them respect and honor, telling them it was okay to change their mind, wishing them well -- than how their experience could benefit the one reading.

I was really uncomfortable with the latest SN goodbye thread, the one that inspired @Sinkinshyp to write this one, and I didn't comment about it there. I have compassion that some people may not like my saying this, but I will say it out of compassion for the whole forum, and for myself -- it felt very opportunistic and inappropriate to me to speak in that sacred space, where someone just attempted to end their life, about what more information they would like for their own attempt, measurements to take and equipment for doing so, ways to better serve and inform the community, etc. These are not bad ideas; the bad idea, to me, is turning someone's goodbye thread into anything else.

I get that a new person may ask questions, and they can be redirected to a more appropriate space for answers and questions but, you know, FYI, someone is dying here, it's about them right now, okay? Otherwise it's like a five-year-old asking loudly at a funeral about where is grandpa if he's not in his body, when will he be buried, and when will the worms start eating him? Or when folks start going on about the method and technical details, it's like all the scientists in a lab are having a meeting in the aisle during the funeral. And then there's the movie theater aspect, the suspense over the dying, the death or rescue -- wide-eyed, gripping the seat and, at the lowest, filling gawping mouths with popcorn, merely entertained.

There, it's off my chest now. I don't expect it to have any major impact, and I don't claim perfection myself, but thank you, @Sinkinshyp, for creating a space where I felt it was appropriate as well as safer to say it.

thank you GPE at least someone understands. I'm having a rough day and beyond dizzy so I am not sure if I am expressing myself wrong or not. I don't think many are understanding what I'm trying to say.

Talking about SN being hog killer shouldn't be on a goodbye thread make a thread somewhere else about that stuff. I'm only using that as an example. I understand people want to put in detail what they're going through for the forum- I get it I really do. Offer support to the OP in that case but after a time frame we know they aren't here anymore. Then people start posting technical stuff about SN they aren't discussing ANYTHING that has to do with the OP of a goodbye post. So post it on another thread or this one. If xyz member felt painful fart bubbles dont discuss on their good bye thread well it can cause noxious gas because it has xylithione as an inert ingredient- make a new thread or this one and say xyz had painful fart bubbles. After saying peaceful journey or comforting the OP of those goodbbye threads thats ALL that should be there out of respect for that person.

Reactions: Brackenshire, LonelyNick, Rue89 and 1 other person
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
The closest this place gets to a suicide cult imo are passerbys who ask intrusive questions in goodbye threads and then use them as a place to discuss methodology (op's or anyone else's) long after op is gone. It's just embarrassing.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Isn't there any way to find out what happened in cases where we are hearing someone in their final moments,
in cases like willitpass where we don't know what happened after they stopped posting messages? Or in any case,
to verify that they passed away?

Can't someone act as a reporter who has a way to find out and let us know?

Those threads serve more than the purpose of saying goodbye. They also let others know if their method works or not.
I don't think it's appropriate on a site called sanctioned suicide where people discuss methods to ctb to call
comments and questions about it a "suicide cult".

I and doubt if the one who ctb'd cares if people discuss ways to ctb on the thread they started, after they are gone. Do we really need to start policing threads this way? Don't we all have enough problems without another one?

I choose to be the one who decides what I post and where.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointered and pthnrdnojvsc
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
This should apply to all "goodbye" threads as well. I understand that SN is more complex, but it is hypocritical to leave all other GB threads of different methods out, given the sentiment. It would have to be a megathread for each method then.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
This should apply to all "goodbye" threads as well. I understand that SN is more complex, but it is hypocritical to leave all other GB threads of different methods out. It would have to be megathreads for each method then.
I intend to discuss methods. Sorry if it offends. It has nothing to do with being disrespectful to the one who ctb'd. I actually cry and feel terrible when someone does that but I'm also interested in how it went for them and their method. There is nothing wrong with that. It casts no disrespect on anyone.

This is a place to learn what works and what doesn't and it serves an important purpose to help others.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and dropdeadfred
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
I intend to discuss methods. Sorry if it offends. It has nothing to do with being disrespectful to the one who ctb'd. I actually cry and feel terrible when someone does that but I'm also interested in how it went for them and their method.
I agree with you. I was presenting the question, "Why is this limited to SN?"

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
This should apply to all "goodbye" threads as well. I understand that SN is more complex, but it is hypocritical to leave all other GB threads of different methods out, given the sentiment. It would have to be a megathread for each method then.

I don't mean to be argumentative, just taking exception to the claim of hypocrisy. Imo it's not hypocritical because goodbye threads for other methods are a totally different experience. None of the questions and criticisms come up as they do for SN, no one reports their death in progress, no one jumps in and starts asking for instructions about the method.

dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
It's just someone deciding to criticize. It's absurd to think we should now all watch what we talk about on a goodbye thread.
I hear you. If the main point of this thread is, "It's disrespectful to post anything other than well wishes on SN threads," then it should be the same for all methods.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Let's not pretend we aren't interested to know how well SN works or if there are failures or problems with it.
We are here to discuss SN and see what the problems might be caused by.

This time was a particularly stressful and difficult journey with SN so it's logical people will discuss possible reasons why it was so difficult.

Last edited:
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
Why not just appeal your ban? Just say your CTB failed. People have done it before and they were unbanned.

dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
I don't mean to be argumentative, just taking exception to the claim of hypocrisy. Imo it's not hypocritical because goodbye threads for other methods are a totally different experience. None of the questions and criticisms come up as they do for SN, no one reports their death in progress, no one jumps in and starts asking for instructions about the method.
I see your point. SN is more complex so it will arouse more questions, but it still seems hypocritical to me if the sentiment is to remain "respectful" in a GB thread.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I hear you. If the main point of this thread is, "It's disrespectful to post anything other than well wishes on SN threads," then it should be the same for all methods.

Maybe if you turn it around you can see that the goal is to make SN goodbye threads similar to the way the goodbye threads of other methods already are. There is no need to have a reminder for respect when it's already there.

dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
Maybe if you turn it around you can see that the goal is to make SN goodbye threads similar to the way the goodbye threads of other methods already are. There is no need to have a reminder for respect when it's already there.
Interesting. I guess I always just expect people to act like asshats (a few, at least) in GB threads. Given the nature of SN, there is certainly more room for discussion/questions.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I'm not as dizzy and fog brained today and hopefully I can get my thought out better.
I know people want to contribute what happens and people are curious. Yes, I have read threads to see what happens. I can see people posting their farewells, if the OP says my hearts beating fast and I'm hot- people replying with thats common, do you want us to call for help? etc.. beyond discussing the OP in that thread is seems disrespectful to me. I've seen it mentioned before. Someone has chosen to take their life- that someone chose to involve this forum. That someone felt they had no one in life but they had US members here. They want to contribute to help inform people. The last thing to do on someoones final goodbye should be discussing anything they didn't discuss and only farewells after we know they've passed out. It isnt hard to post a new thread with discussion about their experience that you are curious about.. Let their goodbye thread be just that- a goodbye thread and here is what happened to me should they choose to contribute. Let them be honored instead of turning that thread into well the sky is grey so SN wont work today because it was grey out when OP took their SN..

Jellyfish thread turned into suggesting people wear fitbits and pulse ox's and let someone video them to see how long before their heart stops. How is that relevant to Jellyfish? it isn't. The thread than became about being scientific and because I'm scared and want to know. If you are scared make a new post.

Reactions: Brackenshire