• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

i.was.lonely

i.was.lonely

i love rain
Oct 3, 2023
Hi, this post isn't really anything useful or important, I just wanted to share some thoughts.

In the past, I've read a good amount of articles discussing this forum, and I know some people have made videos about it (can't remember his name, but that one male youtuber who made a video about SS and it blew up). I can't say I've really watched any of the videos, so I'm gonna talk about the things I've read.

In one particular article published by some political figure (American, I think), the following sentences are displayed: "Sanctioned Suicide contains countless pages and threads compiled by anonymous users that focus on ways to die by suicide and encourage fellow members to take their own lives. According to the New York Times, members discuss various ways to die by suicide, including "hanging, poison, guns and gas," and "participants routinely nudge one another along as they share suicide plans, posting reassuring messages, thumbs-up and heart emojis, and praise for those who follow through: 'brave,' 'a legend,' 'a hero.'""
I'm not even that angry anymore — just frustrated and tired of this BS.

People on this forum do not "encourage" people to die. No one is saying anyone should commit suicide or encouraging someone who is contemplating suicide to follow through with it. Rather, it's that the people on here understand that life can fucking suck and aren't blindly biased against suicide. We don't ruthlessly blame people for wanting their suffering to end, unlike the vast majority of the world.

Just because we let people know that it's okay to not want to suffer, that it's okay to want things to end, doesn't mean we want people to die. We just aren't disillusioned like the rest of the world, who thinks that death is selfish and worthy of punishment.

And here's what I have to say to those on this forum that call people "heroes" for following through with suicide: good for you. Not because I think you're encouraging death, or that you think suicide is a "good" thing, but because you guys are aware enough to see that suicide isn't "cowardly" or "an easy way out" — it's fucking brave and scary. Because taking your own life is not easy. It's fucking HARD. No matter how much you hate living and want to die, suicide is never easy to carry out, for a multitude of reasons. People who are pushed to that point deserve kindness and compassion, not because they tried to (or actually did) commit suicide, but because they deserve love after all they've gone through.

"Pro-lifers," as I've seen people call them, claim that suicide is selfish. What they don't understand is that preventing people from committing when they have no other option isn't heroic — THAT is what's selfish.

P.S. Sorry if this little post made no sense! I didn't proofread it and it's kinda just a whole bunch of word vomiting.

dumbgirlonline

dumbgirlonline

Nighty Night Princess
Sep 30, 2023
"Pro-lifers," as I've seen people call them, claim that suicide is selfish. What they don't understand is that preventing people from committing when they have no other option isn't heroic — THAT is what's selfish.
It's crazy how people love to claim that they're helping when in reality mental health services are extremely difficult to obtain and are underfunded. I completely agree with your post, trying to take away a place where suicidal individuals can truly share their feelings without being attacked is cruel.

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I am grateful to the admins and moderators on this site that do their best daily to keep this site operational. I know this has been difficult, but you are doing a wonderful job. THANK YOU!

It's easy for grieving loved ones with money, lawyers, politicians, or just access to media outlets to paint the site as a harmful influence and demand it be shutdown. They can organize public and underground attacks against the site. Unfortunately, it is near impossible to confront this head on.

What they don't want to understand is the pain and suffering that so many of us are dealing with. They don't want to see that this community is a place where these topics can be openly discussed. They don't want to hear that open and honest discussions can be therapeutic. They don't want to read the numerous threads they include a reply like "it doesn't sound like you're sure. Maybe you should wait."

I would suggest trying your best not to worry about what the outside world thinks of this site. We can't control that. Instead, use your time and energy to connect and support each other in the time they need it the most - literally making life or death decisions.

Wishing that everyone here can find some peace as you find your own path forward. :heart:

I

imdyinganyway5

Oct 2, 2023
Hi, this post isn't really anything useful or important, I just wanted to share some thoughts.

In the past, I've read a good amount of articles discussing this forum, and I know some people have made videos about it (can't remember his name, but that one male youtuber who made a video about SS and it blew up). I can't say I've really watched any of the videos, so I'm gonna talk about the things I've read.

In one particular article published by some political figure (American, I think), the following sentences are displayed: "Sanctioned Suicide contains countless pages and threads compiled by anonymous users that focus on ways to die by suicide and encourage fellow members to take their own lives. According to the New York Times, members discuss various ways to die by suicide, including "hanging, poison, guns and gas," and "participants routinely nudge one another along as they share suicide plans, posting reassuring messages, thumbs-up and heart emojis, and praise for those who follow through: 'brave,' 'a legend,' 'a hero.'""
I'm not even that angry anymore — just frustrated and tired of this BS.

People on this forum do not "encourage" people to die. No one is saying anyone should commit suicide or encouraging someone who is contemplating suicide to follow through with it. Rather, it's that the people on here understand that life can fucking suck and aren't blindly biased against suicide. We don't ruthlessly blame people for wanting their suffering to end, unlike the vast majority of the world.

Just because we let people know that it's okay to not want to suffer, that it's okay to want things to end, doesn't mean we want people to die. We just aren't disillusioned like the rest of the world, who thinks that death is selfish and worthy of punishment.

And here's what I have to say to those on this forum that call people "heroes" for following through with suicide: good for you. Not because I think you're encouraging death, or that you think suicide is a "good" thing, but because you guys are aware enough to see that suicide isn't "cowardly" or "an easy way out" — it's fucking brave and scary. Because taking your own life is not easy. It's fucking HARD. No matter how much you hate living and want to die, suicide is never easy to carry out, for a multitude of reasons. People who are pushed to that point deserve kindness and compassion, not because they tried to (or actually did) commit suicide, but because they deserve love after all they've gone through.

P.S. Sorry if this little post made no sense! I didn't proofread it and it's kinda just a whole bunch of word vomiting.
I love it-Thank you

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I certainly admire those who manage to ctb and see them as brave as after all they managed to free themselves from an existence that was made so cruelly difficult for them to escape from by this anti-suicide society. It certainly is brave to me managing to overcome all the difficulties involved in trying to die, as suicide certainly is too unnecessary difficult, if someone is calling suicide easy they are either ignorant or lying.

But I think it's quite ridiculous how there are people who want to censor suicide method information in the first place, as just because they want to stay here in this meaningless and harmful existence doesn't mean that everyone else does, not everyone is them.

No matter what pro-life people say wanting suicide is always a valid way to feel and the right to die in peace is very important. It should be seen as the most basic human right to have the option to find permanent safety from suffering in this existence where there is no limit as to how much agony can feel. Those who are against the right to die disgust me, they lack any compassion and only cause harm.

S

samsara_96

Sep 27, 2022
I always imagine pro-life people who hate this site to be the same people who call poor people lazy (as if the current financial colonization is just an imagination), freedom fighters of minorities terrorists (as if those minorities are not being persecuted relentlessly since the rise of nationalism) and their own critiques stupid idealists (as if their way of life is the natural order).

This has been said numerous times on this site but none of those pro-life people are concerned with helping the miserable. If they were, then they would be talking about the injustice that is inflicted on Palestinians and Armenians in Nagorno. Instead of nitpicking everything written by people on this forum, they would read the threads to make sure our pains would not recur. But they are only concerned about silencing broken people who point out their moral wickedness and inconsistencies in their thinking. They just hate feeling guilty and morally wrong.

N

nood11

Jul 14, 2023
It's important to have a place where people can talk about suicide openly. I think everyone should have the right to peacefully end their life at any time. Instead people have to choose the most gruesome and lonely methods to escape this existence of suffering.

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Suffering.
Feb 28, 2023
Fortunately, this site is well managed and the people you speak of have not managed to tear it down. They are only interested in money and praise, and they have made a lot of it. It is best to ignore them, I guess they have their own problems to deal with and they have no power against this site after all.

claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
in my case, it's kinda funny cause I found this place because of the "viral YouTube video" and as soon as I heard it, I wanted to be a part of it. I didn't even finish the video.
I wanted to be part of the thousands of people that understand each other. that really knows this feeling.
I can understand the people who never went through this the belief who judge us basing in all those rumors or blame a site instead of depression or unending pain. they just "judge a book by its cover" cause they've never been suicidal, so they've never needed this kind of community.
I feel so safe here.

Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
If those same pro lifers would instead of trying to campaign against this site channel all their money and time towards trying to improve the atrocious state and further crumbling health care system basically everywhere and actual injustice that leads to people feeling hopeless it would actually turn this site back to a tiny niche forum lost to times in the future.

but no, you can't address the actual problems because the finger could turn back to you, let's scapegoat a place that is compiling already existing info you can find scattered around everywhere on the web and offers an actual safe place for people in pain to talk openly without the fear of backlash and censorship.

at this point i'm convinced some of the parents who are screaming the loudest about how this site "killed" their children where actually a major reason those kids turned to suicide but refuse to face it so they blame everyone else and you can't tell me otherwise.

D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
in my case, it's kinda funny cause I found this place because of the "viral YouTube video" and as soon as I heard it, I wanted to be a part of it. I didn't even finish the video.
I wanted to be part of the thousands of people that understand each other. that really knows this feeling.
I can understand the people who never went through this the belief who judge us basing in all those rumors or blame a site instead of depression or unending pain. they just "judge a book by its cover" cause they've never been suicidal, so they've never needed this kind of community.
I feel so safe here.
Lol same!

Reactions: claraisnotcarol
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2023
Well of course the media will paint us in a bad light! I don't even read news anymore, news and reality push us to the brink and then they what.. act surprized that we CTB? Ha ha! Journalists are either retards or they write what they write for indoctrination purposes. Probably both. : )

Anyway, I'm really glad that these forums exist, they contain additional helpful information on how to CTB as safe as possible, the members are really nice and caring people and the admins are incredibly awesome for doing their part.

I'm glad I'm here. : )

Last edited:
Mrpickles

Mrpickles

Sep 29, 2023
I haven't been here that long. But I have yet to see anyone "encourage" CTB. Initially what brought me here was what I heard. But then actually diving into it, that wasn't the case at all. Just a place to discuss it w/o being told "just be happy". It's something that can't be discussed properly anywhere else. I feel no more motivated to CTB since joining than I did before joining. But journalists aren't paid to be honest, they're paid to get clicks and interactions.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I view this forum as a valuable support system as opposed to a suicide encouragement forum.