O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
I've been thinking lately and I can't get it out of my head..
What if we're all artificial intelligence?
Just some experiment for some crazy scientist that found a way to recreate consciousness?

I can't stop thinking about this and also everything seems so extremely meaningless more so than before when it already was meaningless to begin with but now all I see are chat gpt topics .. everywhere ..
Nothing genuine

This thought has become so real to me it's like one of the bigger reasons to ctb right now

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sadwriter, Kit1, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
trashdinner

trashdinner

dumb idiot
Dec 16, 2023
if you left your comfort zone and just walked off into the distance i bet you'd find some real shit!

trashdinner

trashdinner

dumb idiot
Dec 16, 2023
you see a very limited view of the world by staying in your comfort zone. you could broaden your world view so much by just leaving and chancing it

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
you see a very limited view of the world by staying in your comfort zone. you could broaden your world view so much by just leaving and chancing it
At this point I don't want to see more of this crazy insane reality
I'd rather die than be a slave to some ai overlords

trashdinner

trashdinner

dumb idiot
Dec 16, 2023
Why are you trolling in my thread? If you don't have anything constructive to add to the discussion please refrain from typing at all.
Thank you.
what? i am so not. if you want me to just say woe is you i wont. i love you and hope you can find something to live for

• Love
Reactions: oddetoad
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I've been thinking lately and I can't get it out of my head..
What if we're all artificial intelligence?
Just some experiment for some crazy scientist that found a way to recreate consciousness?

I can't stop thinking about this and also everything seems so extremely meaningless more so than before when it already was meaningless to begin with but now all I see are chat gpt topics .. everywhere ..
Nothing genuine

This thought has become so real to me it's like one of the bigger reasons to ctb right now
You're probably in an experiment alright, but it's not some mad scientist experiment, it's consciousness that created the experiment. It probably created the simulation/dreamstate to stave off boredom. So yeah, you're probably artificial, in the sense that you're just a temporary being, possibly sandwiched betweent two eternities of non-being.

Why don't you do some LSD, and 'break on through to the other side', as Jim sang? 😉

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess though- whatever 'this' is- we don't seem to have the power to change it. So- we either play the game or- we don't. Whether it's real or not- it feels real to us. Ultimately- what difference will it make? I could tell you that God and religion are real. I could tell you it's all utterly meaningless chance. Stuff floating about in space just evolved to become this. I could tell you an alien lifeform created all this and intends to come back and harvest the lot of us one day. I could tell you this is The Matrix.

Ultimately though- we all have living bodies that are capable of experiencing pain. If you don't eat for several days, the hunger pain will hurt. If you never wash, you'll start to smell and you'll eventually leave yourself liable to infections. The physical reality of our predicament is painfully real and no matter what's behind it- we're slaves to that first and foremost.

What has anyone done in the history of life on this earth that has made any meaningful difference to either show who pulls our strings? Break free from this control? Or, change the course of everything? I'd argue- no one! Maybe so called prophets have made the biggest impact with all the religions of the world. But- just looking around- even the most colourful, famous, or infamous lives don't seem to do a whole lot other than impact a few other lives.

So- I guess- do whatever it is that would make your life the way you want it. If you want to be famous- give it your best shot. If it all seems meaningless- do nothing but bear in mind that your physical body has very real needs. And- if you don't sate those needs, life generally starts to feel worse.

If you're utterly convinced that this is all a simulation though- I guess- try and expose it. There are bound to be other people who feel the same. Ultimately- we all also have the ability to end it too but- that carries complications obviously in a world that tries to keep you alive.

Reactions: Tears in Rain, Kit1, AInilam and 1 other person
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
I guess though- whatever 'this' is- we don't seem to have the power to change it. So- we either play the game or- we don't. Whether it's real or not- it feels real to us. Ultimately- what difference will it make? I could tell you that God and religion are real. I could tell you it's all utterly meaningless chance. Stuff floating about in space just evolved to become this. I could tell you an alien lifeform created all this and intends to come back and harvest the lot of us one day. I could tell you this is The Matrix.

Ultimately though- we all have living bodies that are capable of experiencing pain. If you don't eat for several days, the hunger pain will hurt. If you never wash, you'll start to smell and you'll eventually leave yourself liable to infections. The physical reality of our predicament is painfully real and no matter what's behind it- we're slaves to that first and foremost.

What has anyone done in the history of life on this earth that has made any meaningful difference to either show who pulls our strings? Break free from this control? Or, change the course of everything? I'd argue- no one! Maybe so called prophets have made the biggest impact with all the religions of the world. But- just looking around- even the most colourful, famous, or infamous lives don't seem to do a whole lot other than impact a few other lives.

So- I guess- do whatever it is that would make your life the way you want it. If you want to be famous- give it your best shot. If it all seems meaningless- do nothing but bear in mind that your physical body has very real needs. And- if you don't sate those needs, life generally starts to feel worse.

If you're utterly convinced that this is all a simulation though- I guess- try and expose it. There are bound to be other people who feel the same. Ultimately- we all also have the ability to end it too but- that carries complications obviously in a world that tries to keep you alive.
This is 100% a simulation or holographic reality .
I'm 110% sure this isn't base reality.

I don't know if we are trapped here or we chose this but you could say if we wanted to try the human experience you kinda have to live like a slave

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Forever Sleep
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
We're neither a product of an unknown intelligence nor has AI been implanted into our brains, we're a product of coincidences happening in the universe and how it came into existence with all its variables that has lead to an accident called consciousness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
We're neither a product of an unknown intelligence nor has AI been implanted into our brains, we're a product of coincidences happening in the universe and how it came into existence with all its variables that has lead to an accident called consciousness.
If you think this was just an accident I'm sorry to tell you that you couldn't be more wrong.

You have a lot to learn and experience

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
This is 100% a simulation or holographic reality .
I'm 110% sure this isn't base reality.

I don't know if we are trapped here or we chose this but you could say if we wanted to try the human experience you kinda have to live like a slave

Next question I guess is- does it matter what you do in this 'simulation'? Is it just some Matrix-esk type thing where- presumably- it doesn't matter what these copper tops do? (You know 'The Matrix' film right? Spoiler: batteries.) So long as they remain alive presumably? Or- are you supposed to be achieving something while you are here?

Why are we biological beings though? Why aren't we living out our lives on XBoxes and Play Stations? Seems like quite backward hardware for something so advanced...
If you think this was just an accident I'm sorry to tell you that you couldn't be more wrong.
How can you be so sure? There's surely more evidence that points towards evolution as a process that means that certain attributes become prevalent in a species. So- humans have more developed brains than the monkeys they evolved from.

Consciousness seems to be connected to the brain. Why don't you think it's possible/plausible that consciousness and a sense of awareness developed and evolved as the brain did- to give us an edge over other animals? Why do you think it's something 'other' than a living being? Plus- some animals exhibit behaviours which suggest a sense of self awareness- like elephants, dolphins etc. Do they exist somewhere else too? Do all creatures exist somewhere else? But- where and, why?

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Agreed

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
AInilam

AInilam

Student
Dec 17, 2023
Posts like these make me wish there was an eyeroll emote.

The hell does it matter if we're in a simulation? Either this existence matters to you or it doesn't. I honestly could care less at this point if it turned out to be.

It feels real. It's the only reality I've ever known and it hurts. That's all I know.

Once upon a time I did care and would've liked to know for myself, just for the comfort that there might be another chance at a different life--in a kinder more fair reality or that something bigger than us really had our best interests at heart, and was looking out for us.

I know now this is obviously false. There is no one looking out for us but ourselves, we're alone down here. There is no God and if there is one, I certainly don't want to meet them. I don't want to know their reasoning behind this--because to me there isn't a good enough reason for all the suffering that happens here on earth. They're a sadist.

I'd much prefer oblivion.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeperGnome, Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I was on a plane yesterday looking down the window and I could see tiny villages with tiny houses. For the moment I freaked out, it was like some of them were HD resolution and some of them were blurry and I was like: Holy sh*t the map is not fully loaded we really are in simulation. But then I realised that it was blurry because of the hot air from the engine lol. Nonetheless I keep looking for evidence that we are in fake reality and I have encountered suspicious synchronicities couple of times. Imo there's a 50% chance that this reality is AI generated

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
I was on a plane yesterday looking down the window and I could see tiny villages with tiny houses. For the moment I freaked out, it was like some of them were HD resolution and some of them were blurry and I was like: Holy sh*t the map is not fully loaded we really are in simulation. But then I realised that it was blurry because of the hot air from the engine lol. Nonetheless I keep looking for evidence that we are in fake reality and I have encountered suspicious synchronicities couple of times. Imo there's a 50% chance that this reality is AI generated
100% chance not 50