S

shame

Jul 17, 2024
If you are religious person and going to ctb, what is your beliefs/thoughts?

M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024
I am Christian, the Bible of which never directly talks about what happens to those that commit suicide. However the general belief is that those who ctb still get to go to heaven. The only unforgivable sin that excluded you from heaven is blasphemy against God ("Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.")

Catholics believe that suicide is a mortal sin as you can't ask forgiveness for the sin of suicide, as you'll obviously be dead. 1 John 2:1-2 says: "...And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world" which indicates that by asking forgiveness from your sins you are pardoned for all future sins you may commit. (Obviously this doesn't mean go commiting all the sins you want without caring, but they are covered.)

While suicide is the destruction of God's creations, God also shows compassion towards those that are weak, that suffer, as God knows we are only human. Namely Psalm 103:13-14, Isaiah 57:15-18, and Luke 23:34

The last verse I share is Isaiah 43:25, which states that God doesn't just forgive sins, he altogether forgets them: "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

The thought of Hell scares me. If I believed suicide would lead to Hell I would never consider it. I feel safe that I'll either go to heaven, or eternal darkness. But anyways, just random thoughts and verses I've collected. I've spent a fair bit of time on this, hoping I've come to the right conclusions.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Praying 4 a Miracle
P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
I am Christian, the Bible of which never directly talks about what happens to those that commit suicide. However the general belief is that those who ctb still get to go to heaven. The only unforgivable sin that excluded you from heaven is blasphemy against God ("Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.")

Catholics believe that suicide is a mortal sin as you can't ask forgiveness for the sin of suicide, as you'll obviously be dead. 1 John 2:1-2 says: "...And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world" which indicates that by asking forgiveness from your sins you are pardoned for all future sins you may commit. (Obviously this doesn't mean go commiting all the sins you want without caring, but they are covered.)

While suicide is the destruction of God's creations, God also shows compassion towards those that are weak, that suffer, as God knows we are only human. Namely Psalm 103:13-14, Isaiah 57:15-18, and Luke 23:34

The last verse I share is Isaiah 43:25, which states that God doesn't just forgive sins, he altogether forgets them: "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

The thought of Hell scares me. If I believed suicide would lead to Hell I would never consider it. I feel safe that I'll either go to heaven, or eternal darkness. But anyways, just random thoughts and verses I've collected. I've spent a fair bit of time on this, hoping I've come to the right conclusions.
It's interesting what the Catholic church believes, but you're totally right that Protestant Christians believe suicide is not an unfavorable sin, it's just blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that is.

Last edited: