CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
At the very least people should be guaranteed a house. At least in the US the rent and mortgage rates are absolutely ridiculous and I don't know how anyone actually pays for them with the s***** jobs they offer. Why do we all have to work why can't we let the normal people do it? They don't like sitting around all day and would rather be a slave be my guest! I want universal basic income so bad but we can't even get our government to give us a decent stimulus. Fuck life. No wonder I'm suicidal. That is all thank you for my reading my commie rant

Actually I don't know if this is really off topic sorry

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Good4Nothing, 262653 and 9 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Wage slavery is one of the reasons I'm suicidal too. I know I'll never be able to retire so it's just work, work, work, for the rest of my time here :notsure:

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Good4Nothing, Fragile and 3 others
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Wage slavery is one of the reasons I'm suicidal too. I know I'll never be able to retire so it's just work, work, work, for the rest of my time here :notsure:
Same I'm 24 is the dollar even going to mean anything by the time I retire? Is it even worth to live that long? I know when my parents die I'll be screwed I mean even if I want to wage slave full time I can't afford to live in this capitalist society on my own I shouldn't have to have roommates. United States is one of the richest countries in the world what are we even doing

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Good4Nothing, not4us and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It's really sad we all gotta be slaves in order to survive in this world.
I'd rather be in the cavemen age. You know, just hunt a lion, eat him and go to bed. (or die trying to do it lol)

• Hugs
Reactions: Good4Nothing, CatLove56 and Brick In The Wall
B

blahblahhh

Jan 15, 2021
The only animal on this planet that has to pay rent!

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Belaya Noch
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
Yeah... do you guys think that the universal income thing is the solution? Somehow, I feel like it isn't. Like, they're just going to keep finding more subtler ways to enslave us...

Humans.

a bit random but I have come to a point where I genuinely feel embarrassed every time I meet another animal such as a cat or a dog. I feel so inferior to normal animals, I can't even explain it. Like I feel so absurd and grotesque. Being a human is starting to feel truly embarrassing.

Reactions: Good4Nothing, not4us, Fragile and 2 others
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
At the very least people should be guaranteed a house. At least in the US the rent and mortgage rates are absolutely ridiculous and I don't know how anyone actually pays for them with the s***** jobs they offer. Why do we all have to work why can't we let the normal people do it? They don't like sitting around all day and would rather be a slave be my guest! I want universal basic income so bad but we can't even get our government to give us a decent stimulus. Fuck life. No wonder I'm suicidal. That is all thank you for my reading my commie rant

Actually I don't know if this is really off topic sorry
I'm sorry honey but imo no one is entitled to anything. Unfortunately you have to work for everything you need/want. That's just the way it is. A farmer isn't gonna grow food and work hard doing so just to give it to you for free. However I do agree that wealth distribution in the US is just wrong. No one that doesn't have a college degree can get by on the jobs they're qualified for. But it is possible to make a living if you're willing to work for it. If not, then you're in the spot you're in for a reason.

kitch

kitch

Student
Jan 4, 2021
From an energy in and energy out perspective , I totally agree.
"Necessities" in modern society have become so complex and expensive combined with the disapearance of the commons ( rent free resources) that the system has become one of huge wealth disparity .

My solution is to define certain necessities as human rights.

We live to serve the economy now , rather than the economy serving us.

Corporations are committed to profit , not "the best practice".

FUBAR !

The "pragmatic " realism of "getting on " in the system is petrol on the fire that is destroying the planet . The meritocratic , competitive heirachy pecking order system derives from our lowest level of primate social organization and is toxic as hell.
Crap values I define as "Toxic Virtue" ...
People are locked into it "because thats the way it is " ...
Plenty of things have changed in the past even though "that was the way it is ".

I could go on and on ... Humans are shit at large group management.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I live in a country that tries to control rent levels. The result? Capital flight. The landlords don't want to maintain rental units because the profits are crap, so they sell the apartments out instead. Before rent controls were introduced, most people lived in rented housing. Today it's a small proportion, and many of them are rich old people who enjoy "legacy" contracts in recently gentrified neighborhoods at cheap rent-controlled rates. The poorer working class types that the rent controls were supposed to help got pushed out of the housing market entirely and still live with their parents at age 35.

If governments start handing out nice things for free, guess who will collect? Hint: it won't be you.

Reactions: not4us

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Yes! And it's not even about the money. Cook, eat, drink, shit, shave, shower, make the bed, dust the floor, dust the furniture, wash the clothes, mend the clothes, give me a break.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, TooMuchToBear, Skathon and 2 others
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
Crazy ain't it?
If your depressed af (a shit situation)
-want meds? Pay for it
-wanna talk? Pay for it

Then when you can't afford it, some turn to self medicating/drug use, heck some lose everything...
-you become a burden cus you can't pay for anything.

So?..suicide?..
-Failed attempt? Damn! Your blamed for wasting hospital time and those in USA get silly fines. Along with other complications later on ( life insurance etc..)

Btw, gon have to pay if you do die boyo.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
they say nothing in life is free, they fail to mention, that, that includes the life itself, I am UK and its a little easier over here, with top ups and help towards rent, so we can have a decent albeit basic lifestyle, also meds in the UK if you are on a low income you don't have to pay for, esp if prescribed by a doc or similar.

But I agree, esp if you don't want said life, why should we be forced to spend out the little we get to survive a life of torment