• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Machonne

Apr 25, 2018
How do you know they arent mentally ill?

We don't truly know any of that, maybe we all are, at least a bit. If they are, that's one more reason for the parents to step up and do something to try...there's that word again...try. Better to handicap them more until it is too late? Hmmm, sorry if I cannot understand that fucked up mentality. And everyone gets depressed sometimes, some can work their way through it if they get some help and try, some cannot. On a site like this, you just never see the rest that do make it.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
We don't truly know any of that, maybe we all are, at least a bit. If they are, that's one more reason for the parents to step up and do something to try...there's that word again...try. Better to handicap them more until it is too late? Hmmm, sorry if I cannot understand that fucked up mentality. And everyone gets depressed sometimes, some can work their way through it if they get some help and try, some cannot. On a site like this, you just never see the rest that do make it.

of course some people make it, I never said or thought no one ever did. But I'm not the one blaming the kid. nor did I ever say nothing should be done. All my point was is there's usually a reason they are the way they are, and more often than not it's the parents fault.

Reactions: dano6533
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I never said to kick a mentally ill kid into the street to die. If nobody can deal with the situation, I am sure there are other options, but everyone has to try was my point. I would not venture to try to solve that problem without professional help. And seriously, sometimes suicide is the best option for certain people, if they have run out of options. Not everyone cannot be helped. That's why we have this forum.

The ones I am talking about are just lazy party animals. They are not isolated at all. They just think the world owes them a living. This has nothing to do with Hikikomon or any other serious mental issue.

First of all, I don't like the word "Lazy" because it doesn't represent the actual problem the person has (everyone have problems even if little and I won't talk about how life itself is a problem..etc). This word also encourages the abuse or exploiting and controlling others.

So I'll assume we talk about the opportunistic people and not ones with mental or health problems. What make them opportunistic? Its true they are a part of it and how they think.. etc (if we assume free will exists) but its also how the system works and how people are divided into hierarchies and classes which promotes opportunism in several ways.

Also I won't start about the antinatalist argument. I'll bypass the reproduction itself and focus on the results. There are no expectations and children could be anything. If you bring children to a world of mess, this is not a strange thing to get. There are more factors than those children. Environment, other people, politics and many other things can shape them and its unfair to blame them completely.

Finally, it can be a reaction to the surrounding negativity. Many people have activities and things they like to do but they get discouraged many times then they stop doing anything. This is not limited to hobbies and interests but even if someone wants to do an individual work they'll try to hinder it and force him/her into the abuse and exploitation of the corporation.

Note that this is a theoretical talk assuming there are no problems and of course those people have more problems which makes everything worse.

Reactions: Caerula
M

Machonne

Apr 25, 2018
First of all, I don't like the word "Lazy" because it doesn't represent the actual problem the person has (everyone have problems even if little and I won't talk about how life itself is a problem..etc). This word also encourages the abuse or exploiting and controlling others.

So I'll assume we talk about the opportunistic people and not ones with mental or health problems. What make them opportunistic? Its true they are a part of it and how they think.. etc (if we assume free will exists) but its also how the system works and how people are divided into hierarchies and classes which promotes opportunism in several ways.

Also I won't start about the antinatalist argument. I'll bypass the reproduction itself and focus on the results. There are no expectations and children could be anything. If you bring children to a world of mess, this is not a strange thing to get. There are more factors than those children. Environment, other people, politics and many other things can shape them and its unfair to blame them completely.

Finally, it can be a reaction to the surrounding negativity. Many people have activities and things they like to do but they get discouraged many times then they stop doing anything. This is not limited to hobbies and interests but even if someone wants to do an individual work they'll try to hinder it and force him/her into the abuse and exploitation of the corporation.

Note that this is a theoretical talk assuming there are no problems and of course those people have more problems which makes everything worse.

You are right, he is not lazy when it is something he wants. He has learned that he does not have to do anthing that other typical people are expected to do, it is just let go because nobody wants to argue with him. (Read bad parenting.) So, actually the parents are the lazy ones. Thanks for your correction.

Reactions: Caerula