E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
33 male.
I have an easy job that takes care of my basic needs. I live alone in a rented apartment. I work 6 hours a day in a room with a/c. I do well with my coworks which 6 women over 40+.
I can not lose this job since i have something called stability.

I guess anyone in my position would be able to pull more them I do. I leave work at 14h, work out for 30 minutes not out of pleasure, but because if i don't my sleep gets fucked up.
Get home by 15h and just watch tv util 23h, sleep and repeat.

I take care of my basic needs, I cook, my apartment is clean.

I know i must study to get a better job, better home, I just can't. I just cannot find pleasure in anything anymore. I used to game, now after 5 minutes I'm already tired thinking "this is a waste of time". I used to drink, a loot, now I just don't want to feel hangover.

I don't know if this is depression but I find everything so draining, even my job, which is damn easy, drains me so much. I'm 33 and have a disposition of a 80 year old man.

I've absolutely no desire to social interact.

I'm so tired.

I was severely neglected and abused as a child, I don't know if this has to do with anything.

This sounds like depression? I've never considered that before.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby and avaruus
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
That sounds like depression for sure.
Most people don't realize this, but 'depression' isn't actually about how 'sad' you are but rather about how bored with life you are.
The sadness and pain are usually just side effects, though very common ones.
If you can't feel pleasure from anything anymore, that is the very definition of depression.

Reactions: Eternal Oblivion
tfnb

tfnb

May 29, 2023
It could be. It could be just general dissatisfaction, or like a seasonal type depression that you're experiencing because of your life circumstances

C

cph

Oct 17, 2021
Sounds like depression to me. Speaking to a healthcare professional can really help. It helped me. It's tough to make that initial step. Want to give you credit to for functioning at the capacity you are despite how shitty you feel. It is impressive.

Reactions: Eternal Oblivion, undecided and lita-lassi
E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
That sounds like depression for sure.
Most people don't realize this, but 'depression' isn't actually about how 'sad' you are but rather about how bored with life you are.
The sadness and pain are usually just side effects, though very common ones.
If you can't feel pleasure from anything anymore, that is the very definition of depression.
Oh really? if the measure to depression is how bored you are with your life, I must surely have it, because I'm bored out of my mind 90% of my wake time.
Sounds like depression to me. Speaking to a healthcare professional can really help. It helped me. It's tough to make that initial step. Want to give you credit to for functioning at the capacity you are despite how shitty you feel. It is impressive.
Not really a choice, if I don't do those things it's all get much worse.. it's auto pilot.

Last edited:
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I was severely neglected and abused as a child, I don't know if this has to do with anything.
If you want my personal opinion, I would say almost definitely yes this the root problem. How you deal with is more complicated.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
33 male.
I have an easy job that takes care of my basic needs. I live alone in a rented apartment. I work 6 hours a day in a room with a/c. I do well with my coworks which 6 women over 40+.
I can not lose this job since i have something called stability.

I guess anyone in my position would be able to pull more them I do. I leave work at 14h, work out for 30 minutes not out of pleasure, but because if i don't my sleep gets fucked up.
Get home by 15h and just watch tv util 23h, sleep and repeat.

I take care of my basic needs, I cook, my apartment is clean.

I know i must study to get a better job, better home, I just can't. I just cannot find pleasure in anything anymore. I used to game, now after 5 minutes I'm already tired thinking "this is a waste of time". I used to drink, a loot, now I just don't want to feel hangover.

I don't know if this is depression but I find everything so draining, even my job, which is damn easy, drains me so much. I'm 33 and have a disposition of a 80 year old man.

I've absolutely no desire to social interact.

I'm so tired.

This sounds like depression? I've never considered that before.
I honestly think this sounds like burnout and depression from having to grind and live under capitalism. I don't think that humans were meant to work for a living. Work is literally modern day slavery.

• Yay!
Reactions: undecided
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
thats definitely a depression description, i 2nd talking to a professional about it but you kind of need to know what reasonable goals you want to work on mentally with them. i stress the reasonable part because "good" or even "better" can be so vague and impossible sounding

Reactions: Eternal Oblivion and undecided
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
Yeah, I'm with everyone suggesting you see a mental health professional.

Reactions: Eternal Oblivion and undecided
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
I honestly think this sounds like burnout and depression from having to grind and live under capitalism. I don't think that humans were meant to work for a living. Work is literally modern day slavery.
What DO you think humans are meant to do in their life? Should everything be free? Slavery is working for nothing, or a pittance.