S

stxrdustprincex

Nov 16, 2023
i'm so fucked. one of my professors wants to talk to me about ai usage in two of my papers, another of my professors has emailed me twice about a missing paper and says i'm 15 hours behind on my final project, my love life is shit (i'm in a situationship with my ex), and my mental health is in the gutter. i already have one accusation of fraud/plagiarism from last semester and an honor council meeting under my belt where they said if it was the only incident it wouldn't go on my record, but what's going to happen to me if another charge is placed against me? am i going to be expelled??! 😭 am i going to get kicked out of college and be jobless and living at home with parents who are disappointed in me? 😭😭 i'm so so so scared

the problem is i did use ai, because i was dealing with the after effects of trying to ctb and failing and ending up in the hospital. unfortunately i didn't miss any classes so i don't know if i can use that as a valid excuse that my professor might understand. i'm so stressed, this is exactly the last thing i needed on my plate right now

i'm only 19 but i don't think i can continue doing this whole life thing. i don't want to graduate college anymore and i don't want to have to get a 9-5 after college to work for the next 40 years. i'm so close to attempting again but i need a foolproof way this time

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Little_Suzy
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Don't panic and don't answer their questions with lies. Beg for forgiveness. Can you get your psychiatrist/therapist/doctor to give you a note stating that you were unwell that week? Ask if you can rewrite your paper or request an incomplete and finish it over the holidays.

Don't use AI! You can contact me if you need assistance with your paper. Did you use the plagiarizer on your paper?

Reactions: Jolene79
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Fck college. Become a top player in the AI industry by taking as many online courses as you can. Many of which are free. AI is the future. Your old fart professors just don't know it yet.

Reactions: BrainShower
I

imrantahir1208

Oct 22, 2023
As long as you have any proof you went to the hospital you should be fine

Reactions: Jolene79
J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
As an older person, my advice is definitely definitely just admit to your mistakes and be honest about the severity of your mental health. If you go as far as to tell them you went to hospital they will ask for proof I'd say. So just tell the absolute truth, be humble and basically plead for understanding and to be given another chance. It is always the best approach in my eyes. People usually respond well when someone is honest and vulnerable and doesn't keep up a lie with them.

If you just focus on this task and not the future then worry about the future after this task is complete.

If they ask you if you're suicidal right now I'd say no, but my mental health has been a challenge. I am however determined to get through this course

Reactions: BrainShower and Little_Suzy
Iwillhavepeace

Iwillhavepeace

It's been more than a decade of this crap...
Nov 12, 2023
If your problem is college quit it

Reactions: BrainShower